Freshman playing at the Convo

bballin
JV Team

Freshman playing at the Convo

Post by bballin »

I know several teams have freshman getting some playing time at the Convo this year. Who has looked the most impressive?

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Re: Freshman playing at the Convo

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Austin McBee from the Burg looked really good in the game against Belpre. Hit a couple fo big three's and knocked down some big FT's in the 4th qtr.

Look for another good game out of him on Saturday.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Trey Fletcher

youthsportsfan
JV Team

Post by youthsportsfan »

havent seen these others play but the 2 boys from Ironton #30 and #44 would be hard to beat. think they had 27 or 29 combined last game

SickRick
Riding the Bench

Post by SickRick »

yabbadabbadoo wrote:Austin McBee from the Burg looked really good in the game against Belpre. Hit a couple fo big three's and knocked down some big FT's in the 4th qtr.

Look for another good game out of him on Saturday.

He is going to be a real player for Burg in the future.

Pol pot
SE

Post by Pol pot »

Without a doubt the best freshman to play at the Convo this year is D.J. Cooper.

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

youthsportsfan wrote:havent seen these others play but the 2 boys from Ironton #30 and #44 would be hard to beat. think they had 27 or 29 combined last game

I agree. I haven't seen them play in person (but will Saturday) but from listening on the internet these two for Ironton are going to be pretty good for years to come especially playing together (sort of reminds me of 2 players named Gagai and Waginger a few years ago even though they weren't freshmen then).

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

FANOSPORTS wrote:
youthsportsfan wrote:havent seen these others play but the 2 boys from Ironton #30 and #44 would be hard to beat. think they had 27 or 29 combined last game

I agree. I haven't seen them play in person (but will Saturday) but from listening on the internet these two for Ironton are going to be pretty good for years to come especially playing together (sort of reminds me of 2 players named Gagai and Waginger a few years ago even though they weren't freshmen then).

Ironton vs Nelsonville-York

Carter------15 Points
Fletcher-----12 Points-----11 Rebounds

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

OHbuckeye1 wrote:
FANOSPORTS wrote:

Carter------15 Points
Fletcher-----12 Points-----11 Rebounds

Thanks "OHbuckeye1", I couldn't remember their names but I probably will not forget them in the future.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

I agree. I haven't seen them play in person (but will Saturday) but from listening on the internet these two for Ironton are going to be pretty good for years to come especially playing together (sort of reminds me of 2 players named Gagai and Waginger a few years ago even though they weren't freshmen then).[/quote]

Carter------15 Points
Fletcher-----12 Points-----11 Rebounds[/quote]

Thanks "OHbuckeye1", I couldn't remember their names but I probably will not forget them in the future.[/quote]

Your Welcome....One of Irontons best Freshmen (Dion Brown) didn't get to play this year due to a knee injury suffered at the beginning of Football season. I think He would have been right up their with Carter and Fletcher.

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

OHbuckeye1 wrote:I agree. I haven't seen them play in person (but will Saturday) but from listening on the internet these two for Ironton are going to be pretty good for years to come especially playing together (sort of reminds me of 2 players named Gagai and Waginger a few years ago even though they weren't freshmen then).

Carter------15 Points
Fletcher-----12 Points-----11 Rebounds[/quote]

Thanks "OHbuckeye1", I couldn't remember their names but I probably will not forget them in the future.[/quote]

Your Welcome....One of Irontons best Freshmen (Dion Brown) didn't get to play this year due to a knee injury suffered at the beginning of Football season. I think He would have been right up their with Carter and Fletcher.[/quote]

That would have been something to have 3 freshmen all contributing on a varsity team at the same time.

TheDarkKnight
Freshman Team

Post by TheDarkKnight »

Looks like ironton is gonna have a good base for a strong future team. :122246

Theboom
Waterboy

Post by Theboom »

Piketon played 3 or 4 freshman, not for extended minutes, but they did see action..

carbon_dated
All State

Post by carbon_dated »

The best player I ever saw @ the Convo was Walter Luckett.

gymrat88
JV Team

Post by gymrat88 »

Ironton definetly has some young talent coming up from what I saw at the Nelsonville-York game. They go very deep, and very young off the bench.

TIGERS90
Varsity

Post by TIGERS90 »

Ironton's 6th man is a freshman too..in White...and when Dion gets back next season..there will probably be four of your starters..at least four of the top 6

freethrow25
Riding the Bench

Post by freethrow25 »

I gotta throw some props to Trent Arey of Peebles. His defense was 2nd to none and ball handling skills makes him an exciting player to watch for the next 3 yrs!

the great todd!
Waterboy

Post by the great todd! »

i completely agree freethrow, i was scepticle at first of the hype around... but he really put up last night, the only thing he needs to work on is his offense, if he is playing varsity he ahs to be able to shoot some! but he wasnt looking to shoot any, plus he would get frazzled and turn i over, but by far the best freshman to play, fletcher is next best, then carter... but mcbee and massie did not impress me one bit. one thing though.... how will trey bounce back after malcom busted that 3 over him to win the game?? young players can get down quick...IMO..

freethrow25
Riding the Bench

Post by freethrow25 »

Yeah Todd...I agree that a freshman can get raddled with the memory of giving up a shot like that but I think he'll be okay. As for his shot selection. I don't think he had the greenlight much with the other talent around him on the team. IMO I think Justice and Seaman were the only ones with an "open" greenlight. It will be interesting next year with Seaman and Collier gone but I could definately see Peebles returning with a very deep tourney run! They have very good talent waiting in the wings. Chamblin is one of the names to remember for next year (maybe a good replacement for Collier)!

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

FANOSPORTS wrote:

Well, I just got back to C-bus after a long weekend of watching wrestling in WV and basketball at the Convo. My previous message posted above was definitely proven right last night as both the Ironton freshmen listed above played great games and one other one played a good bit and there's another one in the wings that got hurt this year and couldn't play and some of the people I talked to said he's an impact player. They've got 3 more years to go so Ironton should be back to at least the District finals for three more years the way it looks if they can keep it up. JMO

Return to “Boys Basketball”