Sullinger is NAISMITH's Player of the year.....

Leo Byrd
SEO

Sullinger is NAISMITH's Player of the year.....

Post by Leo Byrd »

Northland's Jared Sullinger has been named as the NAISMITH player of the year.

Congrats to Jared on a great accomplishment.

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Re: Sullinger is NAISMITH's Player of the year.....

Post by FANOSPORTS »

I was at the City League Championship game a couple weeks ago over @ Columbus East high school and they handled Marion-Franklin pretty good. Ohio State's getting a couple of good one's in Sullinger and also the Weatherspoon kid. On a side note, my Mountaineers and Coach Huggins already have verbals on two sophomores that played in that game, one from Marion-Franklin and one from Northland. SWEEEEEEEETTTTTTTT !!!!!

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

Congratulations to Jared on a great award.......and I believe he has the capability to be a dominant player at OSU.......his Northland Vikings should win the state for the second year in a row........but I think they will get one tough test along the way.

FANOSPORTS: When I was at the Fairgrounds last Saturday, I saw Marion-Franklin beat Westerville South......and I was told that Elijah Macon is a West Virginia commit......being 6-8 and only a sophomore, he has a huge upside.......Westerville South came in undefeated, and the Red Devils beat them 66-57.......I know the QB on the MF football team, Verlon Reed, played well in that game......

I wonder if Elijah is related to Norman Macon, who was a dominant player for Marion-Franklin back in the early 80's?.......Portsmouth beat the Red Devils 4 years in a row when Norman played.......he was only about 6-4 but was tough to handle in the post.

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

trojandave wrote:Congratulations to Jared on a great award.......and I believe he has the capability to be a dominant player at OSU.......his Northland Vikings should win the state for the second year in a row........but I think they will get one tough test along the way.

FANOSPORTS: When I was at the Fairgrounds last Saturday, I saw Marion-Franklin beat Westerville South......and I was told that Elijah Macon is a West Virginia commit......being 6-8 and only a sophomore, he has a huge upside.......Westerville South came in undefeated, and the Red Devils beat them 66-57.......I know the QB on the MF football team, Verlon Reed, played well in that game......

I wonder if Elijah is related to Norman Macon, who was a dominant player for Marion-Franklin back in the early 80's?.......Portsmouth beat the Red Devils 4 years in a row when Norman played.......he was only about 6-4 but was tough to handle in the post.

Yep, I think that's his father. One of the assistant coaches for M-F works with me and I asked him the other day about this Macon kids dad and he said the father was about 6"4" and did play years ago so it's probably him. Well, gotta head down Athens way here in just a few minutes for a weekend of B'ball. There's not a bad seat in the Convo, good luck to all teams this weekend !!!!!

SickRick
Riding the Bench

Post by SickRick »

Congrats

BubbleGumTiger
SEOPS Hippo

Post by BubbleGumTiger »

ImageImageImage

newlex/sheridan
Varsity

Post by newlex/sheridan »

Gahannah Lincoln will give Northland all they can handle in the regional finals. Contrasting styles, if Lincoln is hitting they could potentially outscore Northland. They don't have an answer for Sullinger but Northland won't have anyone to match up with Brandenburg.

Return to “Boys Basketball”