JV Team

Re: Manchester vs. Tree of Life 3-16

Post by HoundsAre4Real »

Hounds by 3.

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

Good Luck Manchester, keep representing the SHL!!

gh123
JV Team

Post by gh123 »

:roll: :roll: :roll: my thought is that, "i cant believe tree of life beat harvest prep!!!" :roll: :roll: :roll:

freethrow25
Riding the Bench

Post by freethrow25 »

gh123 wrote::roll: :roll: :roll: my thought is that, "i cant believe tree of life beat harvest prep!!!" :roll: :roll: :roll:

LOL

cool cucumber
All Conference

Post by cool cucumber »

My thoughts...Manchester doesn't stand a chance. Tree of Life by 15+

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Again...if you have beaten Ironton at Ironton and Peebles and Eastern Meigs....you have the ability to keep moving on.

Best of luck Manchester!

Regionalchamps2011
Waterboy

Post by Regionalchamps2011 »

Thats funny??? thats what everyone said when we beat ironton,peebles,eastern meigs and southern racine???? peebles,ironton and eastern meigs all had tougher schedules and were ranked alot higher in the state than tree of life is.....AND even though manchester IS winning , they have yet to play a flawless game, we have made alot of turnovers in the last 2 games, and for the life of me we still havent taken a charge :mad: ......if manchester plays a good clean game for 32 minutes they will be tough to beat, especially from a team thats only ranked 300th in the state and had the 850th toughest schedule???

dimedrop4
All State

Post by dimedrop4 »

Good Luck Manchester!!!!

gh123
JV Team

Post by gh123 »

houndfan446 wrote:Thats funny??? thats what everyone said when we beat ironton,peebles,eastern meigs and southern racine???? peebles,ironton and eastern meigs all had tougher schedules and were ranked alot higher in the state than tree of life is.....AND even though manchester IS winning , they have yet to play a flawless game, we have made alot of turnovers in the last 2 games, and for the life of me we still havent taken a charge :mad: ......if manchester plays a good clean game for 32 minutes they will be tough to beat, especially from a team thats only ranked 300th in the state and had the 850th toughest schedule???

ehhh...wouldnt use maxpreps for rankings. that 300 isn't for d4. and usually they put horrible d1, d2 teams in front of very good d4 teams.

I'm rooting for manchester--but it will be a battle. i still cant believe harvest prep lost. :lol:

Regionalchamps2011
Waterboy

well they are actually ranked 417th, but i meant to imply that peebles, ironton and meigs are seen as alot more powerful teams than tree of life, at the same time im not taking anything away from them, they beat harvest prep so they do some things right obviously....they are a big team with 6 guys over 6"1 with their best player being bryan redic ( all-state mention ) but at the same time they played a horribly easy schedule and finished with a 23-2 record...i know the SHL isnt the toughest leauge in the state, but i believe its far from the worst and we have been in plenty of tough games...as for tree of life idk? i do know they have been playing their tourny games at the "barn" in columbus so it has been like home games for them and now they will have to travel to the convo which we have played plenty of games at now so we'll see....i'm biased of course, but i say manchester by 5

warrior 89
Freshman Team

Post by warrior 89 »

Where is this game being played and what time, Go Greyhounds!!!

bdubya
Varsity

Post by bdubya »

Good luck Manchester.

I've seen too much of y'all this past week — I cover both Eastern and Southern — but I will say that you guys ran the gauntlet and passed by beating two pretty solid teams. There's no reason that you cannot keep that momentum going this week.

It donned on me that a majority of people at the Convo on Saturday were not even born the last time Manchester won a district title. The seniors from that 1950 team would now be 78 years old, so kudos on re-writing history.

Best of luck the rest of the way gentlemen. Represent SE Ohio well.

Regionalchamps2011
Waterboy

the game is tuesday at the convo center in athens @ 8 i think?? plz correct me if im wrong

squiggy
Freshman Team

Post by squiggy »

it is at 7:00 pm,manchester in a close one by 3.goodluck hounds.

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

Laidies and Gentlemen, this was truly an upset when Tree of Life beat Harvest Prep to reach this game even though they had a better record based on strength of schedule. They are for real and will play a slow tempo game. They will break a press in a heartbeat and are really patient. Is the Manchester team that beat both Ironton and Peebles who are DIII teams going to show up or is it the team that let a 15 point lead slip to 5 yesterday against DIV Racine Southern going to show up ? I predict Tree of Life by 5.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

going from 15 to 5 was simply just a stretch in the game.....overall they finished the win by 10

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

Ironman92 wrote:going from 15 to 5 was simply just a stretch in the game.....overall they finished the win by 10

I understand that but the implication is that teams will come all the way back and beat you if you let them stay in the game in the middle of the 4th quarter after you had a 15 point lead in the 3rd.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

and since not winning a district championship in 60 years they did a nice job getting off the bus and getting a big lead and then answering when Southern made their late run.

Manchester handled the pressure very well.

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

Ironman92 wrote:and since not winning a district championship in 60 years they did a nice job getting off the bus and getting a big lead and then answering when Southern made their late run.

Manchester handled the pressure very well.

Alright, let me put it this way. If the same thing happens again this week against the central district competition, these same results of saturday will not occur, period...end of discussion. NEWARK CATHOLIC is going to beat Bucyrus Wynford and then defeat whoever wins this game easily for the regional championship anyway.

Return to “Boys Basketball”