Coach Jordan's next stop

hbk2016
Varsity

Coach Jordan's next stop

Post by hbk2016 »

Will Coach Larry Jordan's next stop be at OU-C?

moonshine
SEO

Re: Coach Jordan's next stop

Post by moonshine »

Maybe Logan!

bengalfan76
SE

Post by bengalfan76 »

^^^^^
He resigned from Jackson.

nickle back
Freshman Team

Post by nickle back »

I wouldn't be suprised if he ended up somewhere for a year or two.
Last edited by nickle back on Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kenny Bixx
Freshman Team

Post by Kenny Bixx »

wellston job is open

Hoggy
SEOP

Post by Hoggy »

After his experience at Jackson....does he still have the desire to coach?

ironmen1987
SE

Post by ironmen1987 »

He has went head to head with administrations before and i won't be surprised if he is standing on the court somewhere next season. He may not like the way the "game" is played off the court but he is more than capable of coaching the game on the court. If the situation is right for him, he'll be there. If not, nothing wrong with a well deserved break...

On the sidelines
Riding the Bench

Post by On the sidelines »

For you people that say that Larry coached at Jackson. Make sure you know what your talking about. I was there for every game. He may have attempted to coach the first year, however his ego got him the second year. He fell out with the administrators and took it out on the kids. He did not have them prepared, and they were willing to bust their ass for him, it was obvious. You don't take off practice to track a deer. Hell if you are a hunter you know that you can do that anytime if it is not raining, and it wasn't. You also don't let your medical cerificate expire. I am not saying Larry can't coach, he just didn't show up at Jackson the second year and forfill all of his promises he made on the postgame show at the Logan sectionals the year before. The people that are close to the program know what i'm talking about.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Potter coached back in 1996. In the past 10 years you can't forget Bruce Hurst...well appparently you can....he was there for 1 season right after May and before Jordan.

On the sidelines
Riding the Bench

Post by On the sidelines »

Gahs4ever;

I agree and disagree, when is it going to stop? Jackson could be good a basketball. The kids are there. They just need a coach that is going to bring longevity to the program. The coach has to be respected by the kids, parents, public and most of all the administrators. He has to start at the bottom and success will come. However, I do disagree that Jackson is a football school. What have they won? They have won some league titles mostly in the past, been to the playoffs 8 to 10 times but that is it. They beat the local teams around here and finish in the middle of the pack. Sure they have a great stadium and for the most part have a good turnout when their winning. What I am getting at is they have NOT won anything to any significant value other than some league titles. When I hear football school, I think of Ironton, Amanda and teams like that. No disrespect to coach Hall, I have met him and think he is a great guy and will be a great coach if not already. Please everyone , just quit refering to Jackson as a football school until they actually are.

Hoggy
SEOP

Post by Hoggy »

On the sidelines wrote:The coach has to be respected by the kids, parents, public and most of all the administrators.

This mentality and thought process is what causes good coaches to leave a program.

1. The kids will respect the coach, but it will be hard for them when they hear Mommy and Daddy always bashing him at home. If the parents raise a respectful child, there should be no issues......IF
2. It would be nice if the parents respected the coach, but it isn't necessary. Respect goes both ways and it has to be earned!
3. The public respects a winner and a coach capable of teaching the young boys how to act like men. If the coach is teaching the young men how to develop not only in sports, but in life as well....the public will respect him. They may not agree with him 100% of the time, but they will respect him.
4. Administrators are not the most important....the kids are! If the coach can get his players to play hard and compete, who cares if the administrators likes a coach. Administrators need to administer and leave the coaching to the coach!

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

I believe Jackson can build a winning basketball program.......look at Ironton.......with the great success that they've had in football for decades, they've had a lot of good basketball teams at the same time.......the same can be accomplished at Jackson.......and JHS has a considerably larger enrollment than Ironton.

Oliver
Waterboy

Post by Oliver »

Don't think Jordan will end up at OU-C. If you were around the SVC in the early 90's you might just understand why.

hbk2016
Varsity

Post by hbk2016 »

I was around the SVC in the early 90's, but don't recall what you are referring to? Can you enlighten us?

Hoggy
SEOP

Post by Hoggy »

hbk123 wrote:I was around the SVC in the early 90's, but don't recall what you are referring to? Can you enlighten us?

I was wondering the same thing. Isn't the early 90's when Southeastern beat Columbus Werhle and made it to the State?

Oliver
Waterboy

Post by Oliver »

Send me a PM and I'll enlighten you.

Oliver
Waterboy

Post by Oliver »

Has OU-C hired a coach yet?

Dos Equis
Waterboy

Post by Dos Equis »

Like I, Coach Jordan is a very interesting man. Not as interesting as myself however.

He is very experienced and enjoys the nature of "the hunt"

His beard alone has experienced more than a lesser mans body.

Stay Thirsty my Friends!

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

On the sidelines wrote:
However, I do disagree that Jackson is a football school. What have they won? They have won some league titles mostly in the past, been to the playoffs 8 to 10 times but that is it. They beat the local teams around here and finish in the middle of the pack. Sure they have a great stadium and for the most part have a good turnout when their winning. What I am getting at is they have NOT won anything to any significant value other than some league titles. When I hear football school, I think of Ironton, Amanda and teams like that. No disrespect to coach Hall, I have met him and think he is a great guy and will be a great coach if not already. Please everyone , just quit refering to Jackson as a football school until they actually are.

I also hate to hear a school labeled as a "football school" or a "basketball school". In a way, it's disrespectful to the other sports, both boys and girls. It's a very common thing, though, unforntunately. Jackson has had some success in various sports over the years, but I do think it's true that the football program has been the most consistent program at JHS. What have they won? Well, they have won 550 football games, good for 33rd on the state of Ohio's all-time win list. They have won 20 SEOAL championships, second only to Logan after the Chiefs' recent string of titles. They've been to the playoffs 7 times and won a handful of playoff games. That may not seem like much to some people, but state championships are few and far between in this part of the state. Just because a program hasn't won one, it doesn't mean that they haven't had sustained success.

Because Jackson's football program has had more success than their other programs, people label them as a football school. Like I said, I don't think that's right, but I think we should also fully appreciate what the football program has done. I understand the point that was being made, but I just wanted to comment because I think the football program was losing a little credit in the above post, when I believe that the credit has mostly been earned. Not trying to ruffle any feathers here, or create a major disagreement.

I do hope that Jackson is able to get some stability within the basketball program and keep it. Like others have said, there are some very good athletes walking the halls at JHS, and the basketball program could really thrive if the right attitude is instilled in the program. Jackson's basketball successes have been few and far between, and I hope to see them become more commonplace in the future.

fromthelastrow
Waterboy

Post by fromthelastrow »

This is a first time poster and a one time resident of Jackson County, Ohio. I had an interesting conversation with a Coach Mike Stevens from Kings High School a couple of weeks ago at a high school shootout at Miami University in Oxford, in which he said to me that his eventual goal would be to come back to Jackson and coach the basketball team. Our Piketon team played Coach Stevens team (Kings Mills?), the beat us pretty good and I was impressed with how hard his kids played and competed, I was wondering if anyone could provide me with any information about this coach, I was really impressed with his team and how they played. He mentioned how Kings is also viewed as a football school, yet he has won a lot of games in what I would consider to be a similar situation that you have mentioned here in your posts, he seems like a good fit at Jackson, being he is a former player and coach from Jackson.

Return to “Boys Basketball”