River Valley Raiders New Coach?

Prep Expert

River Valley Raiders New Coach?

Post by Prep Expert »

With River Valley looking for a new coach, will the OZ interview for the job. He would be great for the job since he has been successful coaching the county kids for years.

CoyDuke
Freshman Team

Re: River Valley Raiders New Coach?

Post by CoyDuke »

Aren't they going to hire the young man that took over last year? It seemed like he did a good job.

Prep Expert

Post by Prep Expert »

gahs4ever, the EXPERT feels like I have hit a nerve with you. I in no way mean to upset anyone on who is county or city. Facts are facts. You do so much research, check since 1992. GAHS wanted to go in another direction so why not let him go to River Valley.

theassassin
All State

Post by theassassin »

gahs4ever wrote:Few, if any of the current seniors in HS this year were even alive in 1992, so I fail to see the relevance of your comments. With GAHS being the only country school with pay-to-partiipate at $90 per student per activity, any perceived transfer inbalance is perception rather than reality.

Your facts are not facts because we have lost several to the "county schools," and received few if any in return. But for the last time that isnt the issue. The issue is where anyone wants to go to school, and you seem to think that kids "owe" one district something over another simply because of where they were born.

received few if any???? ......... you arent serious???

RvDistanceGuy
Waterboy

Post by RvDistanceGuy »

I dont think the number is relevant at all. Look at the type of people who are transferring. Maybe some kids switched over to county schools who werent looking to participate in sports or were not your top-level players, but I can think of a number of top-level athletes who transferred from the county schools to the city school. Not that it creates any sort of debt, but might as well be realistic about the nature of these transfers. I can't honestly say I see any reason why a transfer would help you, having already experience what it is like trying to find somewhere to continue playing a sport in college. Unless you are Dante Jackson, the big programs aren't going to put a whole lot of effort in. The truly important thing is the effort you, your parents, or coaches put in. I can't tell you how much difference it makes actually contacting these coaches personally. Could be the difference between sitting at home and having a roster spot. So, the school you play for makes little difference when you look at it that way. However, if the kid truly thinks that he needs to switch schools just to play a sport, then have at it. I just think the importance of doing so is greatly overstated. This isn't NBA free agency or something...

CLane
Riding the Bench

Post by CLane »

Prep Expert wrote:With River Valley looking for a new coach, will the OZ interview for the job. He would be great for the job since he has been successful coaching the county kids for years.

Haha....kinda true :). Let's try to come up with a list since 1992 like someone mentioned:

Chad Barnes
Davey Rucker (I think)
Greg Lloyd
Donnie Johnson (I think)
Davey Rumley

That's all I can come up with real quick of the top of my head but that is five great athletes!

tubby
Varsity

Post by tubby »

When is the next board meeting so we can hear something?

theassassin
All State

Post by theassassin »

CLane wrote:
Prep Expert wrote:With River Valley looking for a new coach, will the OZ interview for the job. He would be great for the job since he has been successful coaching the county kids for years.

Haha....kinda true :). Let's try to come up with a list since 1992 like someone mentioned:

Chad Barnes
Davey Rucker (I think)
Greg Lloyd
Donnie Johnson (I think)
Davey Rumley

That's all I can come up with real quick of the top of my head but that is five great athletes!

heath hutchison
williams (cant think of the first name)
brian hall
adam blair
dave hager
jeff pope
donnie johnson
nathan wood
evan wood
tom bose (moved to city district)
austin king (might have moved to city district)
nick stevens
bronson eustler

greg james was at ga for couple years before transferring back to rv.

just a few i can think of

i can remember one year ealry 90's maybe 2-3 starters and 4 of top 8 on baskeball team had transferred to ga... this would been around time county consolidated into rv

theassassin
All State

Post by theassassin »

transfers from ga to county...

to sg
mccombs
phillips
wamsley

to rv
jamie graham
jermain jackson
joe graham
ray allen

these are ones i can think of

Prep Expert

Post by Prep Expert »

Sounds like THE EXPERT has his facts correct AGAIN. 4ever, I feel some jealousy from you because someone else may know more about nothing than you. Now thats funny. Loosing a great, legend coach and then criticizing RV for trying to get him is beyond me. GAHS has decided to go in a different direction besides keeping a winning program. Sounds like what the people from RV need to be saying.

Howard Cosell
All Conference

Post by Howard Cosell »

The short list for this job should be:

1. Howdy Caldwell
2. Koondogger

Purple&Yellow Pride
Freshman Team

Post by Purple&Yellow Pride »

CoyDuke wrote:Aren't they going to hire the young man that took over last year? It seemed like he did a good job.

I posted this last year but no one believed me. Coach Hill will be back in Racine next year. Cheshire can't hold him back.

theassassin
All State

Post by theassassin »

Purple&Yellow Pride wrote:
CoyDuke wrote:Aren't they going to hire the young man that took over last year? It seemed like he did a good job.

I posted this last year but no one believed me. Coach Hill will be back in Racine next year. Cheshire can't hold him back.

are u saying it is done deal that he is back in racine next year? where is caldwell?

popcorn phil
Freshman Team

Post by popcorn phil »

purple, you are an idiot who has no clue what you are talking about. Hill will most likely get the RV job and if not he certainly wont be at Southern. Grow a brain. your just starting rumors to stir stuff up.

CLane
Riding the Bench

Post by CLane »

To get a little bit closer to the topic...

I think any school with a coaching vacancy, even RV, would be crazy to not try and get Jim Osborne. Would he be interested?...who knows?...but they should try. The tables might turn and RV could get a "Barnes", "DJ", or "Rumley" to head to their school after growing up on 3rd Avenue.

Wherever Oz goes (if anywhere) I'll be a fan...except of course when they play my blue and white. Who knows, if we don't get rid of our disloyal superintendent and school board, I MIGHT have to trade all of my blue and white for black and silver. :)

BBallin fool
SEOP

Post by BBallin fool »

:roll: :roll: :roll:

Out of Bounds
Varsity

Post by Out of Bounds »

Is $90 each sport really that expensive? Most sports are 3 months or so. It's a dollar a day. Heck parents are giving kids a 20 dollar bill to go to a movie that last 90 minutes.
I believe their were people on here complaining about Jackson's parking fee just a short time ago from down south. Well, we raised $20K this year doing that and if we hadn't, we would be at pay to play as well. Secondly, everybody is getting they're panties in a bunch for speculation that RV may look at Osborne for they're coaching vacancy. GAHS dropped him so who cares? Besides, no one knows if he is even interested. I guess it's just a reason to B!tch......

popcorn phil
Freshman Team

Post by popcorn phil »

the same people who went crazy over the lack of class and loyalty shown by Gallia Academy when they fired Osbourne, now think that it would be a good idea to hire him at RV over a guy(jordan hill) who bailed out the school in a tough situation and went on to do a terrific job. I for one am confident that RV will show that they are not like GA and do the classy and loyal thing in hiring Hill.

theassassin
All State

Post by theassassin »

my panties arent in a bunch :122246

Prep Expert

Post by Prep Expert »

Unchaining the OZ from GAHS and getting a legend at RV is what I am talking about. forever, you have bigger problems instead of having spelling checks of peoples words. Perhaps GAHS can talk with SG and get some of their opponents on your schedule for next year since there is no county players who can afford that "pay to play" you keep talking about.

Return to “Boys Basketball”