Wellston Basketball

Ironmanfan01
Waterboy

Wellston Basketball

Post by Ironmanfan01 »

And yet again, another thread has been removed. Anyone care to discuss Wellston basketball, they should have an improved team this year.

mattash
Site Admin

Re: Wellston Basketball

Post by mattash »

Lets keep this clean.

ironmen1987
SE

Post by ironmen1987 »

I haven't been hearing much around Wellston about this years team. Most of the talk has been about the football team and what is expected of them. I did hear that one of the boys that played jv and varsity last season probably wasn't going to play this year but thats about it....

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Why even bother with this topic.....it won't last.

Good to see 3 Ironmen posting on it though.

hawkeyepierce
S

Post by hawkeyepierce »

Who deleted what I had written?

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

hawkeyepierce wrote:Who deleted what I had written?

I dont think your allowed to have an opinion on Wellston basketball Hawk.

At least thats the way it seems. :roll:

hawkeyepierce
S

Post by hawkeyepierce »

So be it.

Run Bubba Run
Freshman Team

Post by Run Bubba Run »

Since the topic is Wellston basketball, I will throw this into the mix.

For the past seven seasons (14 games) that Vinton County has played Wellston, the record is 14-0 in favor of Vinton County. The average points per game were 69.1 ppg for Vinton County and 44.8 ppg for Wellston. That is a differential of 24.3 ppg in Vinton County's favor.

During those seven seasons Wellston scored 60 points or more in only one game (2009-10 at VC in a 61-60 loss). Wellston failed to reach the 40 point level in four of the other thirteen games.

In the 21 seasons that preceded that (42 games), the record was 26-16 in favor of Wellston. The average points per game were 58.6 ppg for Vinton County and 61.6 ppg for Wellston. The average points per game is in Wellston's favor by 3.0 ppg.

During those 21 seasons, Wellston scored 90+ points in two games, 80-89 points in four games, 70-79 points in 10 games, 60-69 points in fourteen games, 50-59 points in 8 games, 40-49 points in three games and less than 40 in only one game.

When you compare those two periods of time (1982-2003 and then 2004-2010), something has happened to the basketball program at Wellston.

I am only putting what info I have out there for all to see and draw their own conclusions. One would surely have to agree, the stats for those two periods of time are hugely different and you have to wonder what has happened to the once proud (and rightfully so) Wellston program over the past few years.

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

Great post. Empirical data does not lie.

Dos Equis
Waterboy

Post by Dos Equis »

Run Bubba Run wrote: I am only putting what info I have out there for all to see and draw their own conclusions. One would surely have to agree, the stats for those two periods of time are hugely different and you have to wonder what has happened to the once proud (and rightfully so) Wellston program over the past few years.

The Most Interesting Man in The World has arrived!

I cannot keep quiet any longer! How dare you desecrate this forum with actual facts! This cannot be tolerated! I am requesting your post be removed immediately!

Stay thirsty my friends!

Run Bubba Run
Freshman Team

Post by Run Bubba Run »

Dos,

Very interesting for sure. You look like some guy I have seen in commercials lately.

I'm sorry for the desecration. Liked your post.

Jake,

You are right my friend. It is 61-50 in my book of facts, just bad typing. Losing those 10 points would bring the Wellston ppg down to 44.1 for a differential of 25.0 ppg in the favor of VC. That means the most Wellston has scored against the Vikings during the past 7 years is 57 points in the 05-06 season.

Dos Equis
Waterboy

Post by Dos Equis »

My mother bears a tattoo reading the word "Son".........

Stay Thirsty My Friends!

Im All In
Waterboy

Post by Im All In »

Dos,

If you punched me in the face I'd have to fight off the strong urge to thank you.

Stay thirsty my friend.

Dos Equis
Waterboy

Post by Dos Equis »

The respect is well deserved. I have been gone for quite sometime. I am now banned from the Virgin Islands for fear they would have to change their names.

Stay Thirsty My Friends!

Ty Webb
All State

Post by Ty Webb »

Run Bubba Run wrote:Since the topic is Wellston basketball, I will throw this into the mix.

For the past seven seasons (14 games) that Vinton County has played Wellston, the record is 14-0 in favor of Vinton County. The average points per game were 69.1 ppg for Vinton County and 44.8 ppg for Wellston. That is a differential of 24.3 ppg in Vinton County's favor.

When you compare those two periods of time (1982-2003 and then 2004-2010), something has happened to the basketball program at Wellston.

Bubba....that's some great information. I didn't realize it had been that long since Wellston beat VC. Seven years straight with an average winning margin of 24 points!

I do remember the last time Vinton County lost. It was down at Wellston and man didn't that seem like a complete "homer" job. I remember that one ref really called a bunch of fouls in the final period. If my memory serves me right around 20 calls in 4th Qtr...and VC lost by 2. Maybe TW just had a bad night.

Who all has the Golden Rockets played during their allotted summer period so far?

Dos....I'd really like to meet you sometime, stay thirsty, my friend.

Run Bubba Run
Freshman Team

Post by Run Bubba Run »

Ty,

The "homer" game you refer to was the worst I have ever seen. The one ref who did a job on VC didn't seem to care that everyone knew he was homering us in the last few minutes of the 43-42 VC loss at the end of the 02-03 season.

I was told that one of the other officials (probably from embarassment) told him to shape up at one point. The worst part was that he kept calling OFFENSIVE FOULS on VC AWAY from the ball. It was disgusting.

There couldn't be many who were there who walked away thinking the right team won the game. That includes Wellston fans as well as VC fans. Anyway, the WHS program nosedived from there. Probably just a coincidence.

hawkeyepierce
S

Post by hawkeyepierce »

That was the last time Wellston won the TVC. Since then Vinton County has won five TVC titles. Karma is a _____________.

Run Bubba Run
Freshman Team

Post by Run Bubba Run »

Spot on Hawkeye! You gotta love it!

Dos Equis
Waterboy

Post by Dos Equis »

Run Bubba Run wrote:There couldn't be many who were there who walked away thinking the right team won the game. That includes Wellston fans as well as VC fans. Anyway, the WHS program nosedived from there. Probably just a coincidence.

This official you speak of, he is also somewhat interesting like I, The Most Interesting Man in the World.

He has a tact for prognosticating the future like myself!

He went to a psychic once...to warn her.

Stay Thirsty My Friends!

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Funny how the same ref took matters into his own hands about 3 years ago when Jackson was leading by 17ish going into the 4th qtr...he was an amazing ref.....

Return to “Boys Basketball”