SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Re: Warren@ Meigs Dec 4

Post by EasternDspy »

WARREN BIG 77-44

Hardwood
JV Team

Post by Hardwood »

PFloyd has Warren 5th on his list, so I will take Warren by a bunch to win this one.

expert witness
Freshman Team

Post by expert witness »

i look for the super talented bench players for meigs to pull out the win tonight! . lol.

coach_k
JV Team

Post by coach_k »

expert witness wrote:i look for the super talented bench players for meigs to pull out the win tonight! . lol.
Expert I went and ate my crow..I will continue to say Meigs has talent on the bench if properly used...But well we know how that goes...Perhaps you should be an adult and not put kids down by just trying to dis me!!!

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... expert witness - they apparently ARE still growning/selling the world famous "Meigs Gold" LOL ... Meigs- I still look for the Marauders to be improved over last season but hard to get "good" vs THIS Warren ball club - too much to ask ... Meigs dropped their opener to Reedsville Eastern last night by 30 pts (66-36) ... Warren IS #5 on the Elite 8 Preseason for a reason - strong, good size, athletic, deep off the bench ... take Coach Maddox/Coach Duckworth & TEAM Warren to get off to a BIG start in their 2010-11 campaign with a road "W" ... the Warriors have key games vs Fort Frye and Athens NEXT week both on the road ...

32, 16, 6
JV Team

Post by 32, 16, 6 »

31 - 27 Warren @ half

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

TTT - anyone know the outcome?

Sportsfanallnitelong
JV Team

Post by Sportsfanallnitelong »

WARREN 67
Meigs 52 - FINAL

yellowjacket
Freshman Team

Post by yellowjacket »

game was closer than the score indicates,meigs was only down by three in the third quarter and single digits pretty much the whole way,much closer than i ever thought it would be.

cg 22
JV Team

Post by cg 22 »

yellowjacket wrote:game was closer than the score indicates,meigs was only down by three in the third quarter and single digits pretty much the whole way,much closer than i ever thought it would be.

Sounds like they need to condition more. :roll:

yellowjacket
Freshman Team

Post by yellowjacket »

cg22 there is a difference between giving up more points in the fourth quarter than you gave up in the rest of the game and fouling at the end trying to catch up.normally when you give up more in the fourth like that usually means you are tired.

cg 22
JV Team

Post by cg 22 »

yellow the guru of conditioning

Cap'n Scoop
All State

Post by Cap'n Scoop »

This game was on the verge of a blowout after one quarter but Meigs played hard and made it a close game. Warren had lots of open looks from outside but could not make the shots. Also, one person playing lazy defense can make the whole team look bad.

Warrior C C
Freshman Team

Post by Warrior C C »

Well I received my game results from one of my fellow oldtimers and heard that the varsity struggled some against a zone as always but the Jv team looked pretty good!
Lets start witht the JV, saying that good job Pannell, and Patton on great shooting, Good job Miller on great rebounding, and Yabbs being more aggresive,This team is playing well together and just a great team effort, so my Warrior C C Award goes to the entire JV TEAM for this win.
Varsity had some High and Low spots. Heard the Ward boy couldnt throw it in the ocean but played good defense and had some great assists, well Mr Ward keep shooting because you cant shoot like you have been everynight and they surely need your scoring the rest of the way. Cunningham had a nice effort and played with a little more desire and hope that continues, also heard that the Warriors went on 2 nice scoring runs when Cunningham was on the bench in foul trouble. Thats great to see when one of your team leaders isnt on the floor.
Henthorn and Windland didnt get alot of playing time and not sure why due to the info I received on Leffingwell and Venhams not so powerful night, even tho they had a few bright spots? Congats to Mr.Knost for finally coming to play cause he has just been a non-factor of late. Hastie starting to slowly warmup which is a good sign and maybe one day Warren will figure out a ZONE offense! So sounds like that bench will be the key factor in Warrens success and the boys should never get to tired if everyone plays hard. Another appearance by Big Mitch and hit a couple free throws late. The boy gets to the line twice and didnt even play but a few minutes? His desire must be incredible, keep up the good work John!
I will make the Cadet trip so cant wait to see the way the boys are coming together.
THE SUN COMES OUT TOMORROW! :razz:

coach_k
JV Team

Post by coach_k »

cg 22 wrote:
yellowjacket wrote:game was closer than the score indicates,meigs was only down by three in the third quarter and single digits pretty much the whole way,much closer than i ever thought it would be.

Sounds like they need to condition more. :roll:
Perhaps some rotation in the first 3 quarters would allow for rested players down the stretch...just a thought though :roll:

expert witness
Freshman Team

Post by expert witness »

they DONT have the bench to rotate players. I told you from the beginning it was a MAJOR weak spot for this team.

Warrior C C
Freshman Team

Post by Warrior C C »

Expert Witness: I think you are truly wrong! Not getting into starting 5 or any player names, but id say out of the 10 man rotation the Warriors are placing on the floor, they have prob seven of the areas most athletic players including Cunningham and Venham. Its just going to take the right combination and Team Chemistry before they could suprise alot of people.
So saying our bench is weak is far from right because Id say from what is sitting there as of the way it is right now, Id take the 5 non-starters and place them with Venham and Cunningham (IF THEY BECOME THE TEAM LEADERS THEY ARE CAPABLE OF)and with the right coaching would take my chances against anyone in the League!
Id say that was a pretty STRONG BENCH! So sit back and drink some evening milk like myself and let the Coaches put this puzzle together.
And even going deeper with Mitchem,French and Patton with their desire makes it endless.THE SUN COMES OUT TOMORROW :122249

Cap'n Scoop
All State

Post by Cap'n Scoop »

He is talking about Meigs.

32, 16, 6
JV Team

Post by 32, 16, 6 »

HAHAHA NOW THATS FUNNY

Return to “Boys Basketball”