Warren (1-0) @ Fort Frye (2-0) Dec 7th

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Warren (1-0) @ Fort Frye (2-0) Dec 7th

Post by EasternDspy »

This will be one of the games of month in Washington County.Warren has the talent and on paper should blowout FF.Fort Frye has played great the 1st 2 games.Garrett Legrean 6-4 Sr comes in scoring 22.5 ppg after 2.He has improved a lot.Austin Cunningham and Grant Venham are the real deal.I think the rivalry game will be close. Warren 55 Fort Frye 49

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Re: Warren (1-0) @ Fort Frye (2-0) Dec 7th

Post by EasternDspy »

Can FF have another big game from 3?

Excoach78
Freshman Team

Post by Excoach78 »

DEFENSE and a lot of it. Two teams that know how to play man defense. Two good coaches with good startes and a loaded bench. This is HIGH SCHOOL BASKETBALL at its best. At Fort Frye I will stay with the Warriors in a close game. The first to 50 wins.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Fort Frye has 7 srs and you know they want this one.Best team on Fort Fryes schedule.

rickoshay
SEOP

Post by rickoshay »

Warren always plays a very physical game and the Cadets will have to do the same if they want to stick close to the Warriors.

warriorfrosh
JV Team

Post by warriorfrosh »

The difference in divisions really tells the tale on this one....Both schools have good talent....the smaller school starts 4 guards and 1 forward and are very quick and scrappy, the larger school has a much bigger and more physical starting group (also very athletic) and also a strong physical group coming off the bench....I suspect FF will hit some 3's but will only have one shot....the Warriors will have their usual inside outside game but I say let's just pound it in to #1 and he should have a field day....and the pressure defense and depth of Warren will keep Coach L at 400 wins...FF will win lot's of league games and the best of luck to them except for the 2 against the Warriors!!

Warrior C C
Freshman Team

Post by Warrior C C »

Very Precise gameplan WARRIOR FROSH! I was fortunate to see the Cadets play at Waterford and Frosh you are right, they have NO ANSWER (NONE) for Venham inside. Even if they double him then leffingwell should be in double digits with easy putbacks. (this is reaching) , but If Venham would kick it out when doubled, the Warriors could give the Cadets a taste of their own medicine with trifectas from Hastie,Ward, and Cunningham.
Cunningham will even appear strong in this matchup because of the size of Fort Frye and should have a good game inside as well driving to the basket.
Warren should go deep into the bench Tuesday and could even see Proctor and Mitchem.
Warren wins 54-35 at the Fort. Only thing that keeps this somewhat close is coaching and even BIG D doesnt have the answers to all Warren weapons.
The sun comes out tmrw! :-D

eaglefan1
Varsity

Post by eaglefan1 »

Warrior C C wrote:Very Precise gameplan WARRIOR FROSH! I was fortunate to see the Cadets play at Waterford and Frosh you are right, they have NO ANSWER (NONE) for Venham inside. Even if they double him then leffingwell should be in double digits with easy putbacks. (this is reaching) , but If Venham would kick it out when doubled, the Warriors could give the Cadets a taste of their own medicine with trifectas from Hastie,Ward, and Cunningham.
Cunningham will even appear strong in this matchup because of the size of Fort Frye and should have a good game inside as well driving to the basket.
Warren should go deep into the bench Tuesday and could even see Proctor and Mitchem.
Warren wins 54-35 at the Fort. Only thing that keeps this somewhat close is coaching and even BIG D doesnt have the answers to all Warren weapons.
The sun comes out tmrw! :-D
Warren will not win by 19 at Fort Frye. Im sayin Warren wins this one by the score 53-45

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

You are going to judge this whole game based on the preview?1 that game was @ Waterford.2.Waterford played to win and Fort Frye just rotated everyone in.3.Fort Frye shot 2-14 from 3 and that won't happen tonight.Also they missed 8 layups.Nobody blows out Fort Frye in Beverly.I figure the Cadets will start Skinner tonight and will use him inside to help.Last season Warren won by 2@ Warren and by 10 in Beverly.I figure Hastie will make some outside shots.FF dominated Meigs who played Warren tough.Fort Frye is better this year.I figure Warren wins this one with the depth by about 8 to 10.

90goldeneagle
JV Team

Post by 90goldeneagle »

Halftime

Warren 25
Fort Frye 16

90goldeneagle
JV Team

Post by 90goldeneagle »

End of 3rd Quarter

Warren 35
Fort 26

90goldeneagle
JV Team

Post by 90goldeneagle »

Final

Warren 49
Fort Frye 40

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Fort Frye could not rebound.Warren out played them all night.Fort Frye never did anything great but they hung tough vs the best team on the schedule.Warren did not shoot the ball well at all.Warren forced inside and got easy shot.Fort Frye will be ok and still the PVC favorite.

Warrior C C
Freshman Team

Post by Warrior C C »

Well even though I had to sit on the Cadet side, the game was pretty close of what I expected. Warren outplayed the Cadets and their bench was def stronger. Several players had great games and except for a few bad untimely passes and shots the warriors looked good. The Warrior C C player of the game this week goes to the junior Ty Ward. He came off the bench tonight and showed how much he means to this team. The boy hits some clutch shots and free throws when needed but the main thing I was impressed with is he was the only one who was calm and tried to slow the game down when it needed to be done. warriors didnt need to play in a hurry up mode because they were winning by 10 late in the 4th and he calmly wanted to bring the ball up the floor and slow the pace. Great court awareness and understanding of the game and this boy is fun to watch. Keep up the good work!
Good to see the Henthorn boy get more playing time and hastie hit some clutch free throws as well. Venham played well as did Cunningham. Gets a little tougher from here on out so Good Luck Warriors.
JV game was a DOGFIGHT and key rebounding by Miller and a late bucket by Yabbs pulled it out. Good Job Coaches on 2 big wins. The sun comes out tomorrow! :roll:

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Dude you said it was going to be a blowout which it was not.Warren a team that is a lot bigger then FF and should blow them out everytime because they have so many more boys.They don't even have a freshman team and have 7 players on the JV.Fort Frye will have better days and will be very good vs teams in D3.At the end of the day Warren has 200 more boys then FF and this game will only make them better.

Sportsfanallnitelong
JV Team

Post by Sportsfanallnitelong »

Hey EasternDspy, look at you....nothing was said of the size of the schools before the game !! Why bring it up now ? Looking for excuses ? Just wondering. U will have no problem playing in and winning your PVC league. U guys are that good but not good enough to play with the BIG BOYZ in BLUE. And By the Way, he isn't Dude....He is Mr. CC to you!!! Good Nite.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Not excuse its fact.A school the size of Warren should beat a team like FF every season.You can pound your chest all you want but a real Warren fan can't look at this a game ya brag about.

eaglefan1
Varsity

Post by eaglefan1 »

hey easterndspy, don't worry, they do the same thing when they beat Belpre. SMH

hardrock21
JV Team

Post by hardrock21 »

Warren definately shouldn't be playing Belpre in any sport being that they can't compete with Warren anymore...just saying

jcbigblue
Freshman Team

Post by jcbigblue »

EasternD, Don't give me the excuse of more boys in the school system. Warren has all these boys in their school but can only find a handful that stretch to be all of 6'4 and can play ball. Hell look at Waterford and the size they seem to be getting on the court lately. What it really comes down to is talent and competition, Warren has several talented players while FF has a couple, Warren plays in a more competitive conference while FF plays in a weak one. Do you really think FF could play with Ironton and Portsmouth or Chesapeake whom are all D-3 schools. You are correct when you say FF will have better days, Good luck to the Fort. By the way i'm not going to brag about the game because it wasn't a very well executed game but any win no matter how at the Fort is a good win.

Return to “Boys Basketball”