Freshman Team

Waverly@Valley12/10

Post by B-dawg79 »

any thoughts on how this one will unfold

Larry Bird
Freshman Team

Re: Waverly@Valley12/10

Post by Larry Bird »

Should be a great early season test for both teams. Waverly has alot of talent returning. With Martin and Kretzer they have the best 1 and 2 punch of any team in the area. The Yates kid from Valley can play with anyone. Should be a good 1. Waverly has a little to much for Valley though. Tigers by 10.

TheWizKid
Waterboy

Post by TheWizKid »

I think this will be a good game. Yates, Kretzer, and Martin will all be the obvious standout players but i think Taylor Ward might have a pretty good game also. He has a lot of good post moves and he can knock down FTs, too. As long as he watches his words this game he should be a force down low.

B-dawg79
Freshman Team

Post by B-dawg79 »

yes i agree i think taylor ward will be the kind of player that can open things up and let martin and kretzer get loose

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

I was impressed with Taylor Ward Saturday night at Court House. He played a very good game and kept his cool until the late T, he has to keep his composure and control the tongue.

I'm sure Valley will pressure the Tigers allot more than Court House did so the Tigers need to take care of the ball. If Waverly can get some more offensive production from a couple guys they should be in good shape. Martin & Kretzer had 18 a piece Friday night with the rest of the team scoring 20. At least one more in double figures and a couple around 8 would be good.

Waverly needs to limit Yates, he'll get his points but don't let him have a career game.

crazymidgets
All Conference

Post by crazymidgets »

Waverly needs to get up and run push the ball harder, if they cant get production out of the guards in the half court set push it hard and get them points on the break they have the athletes to do this and enough size to control the boards. run run run.jmo

Eaglesnest
All State

Post by Eaglesnest »

Eastern Pike hopes Valley is already focused on Waverly Friday night as well. If they are, the Eagles just might upset them. Best of luck to the Tigers on friday.

As to this game, I will take Waverly 10 points.

daWtownballa
Waterboy

Post by daWtownballa »

i personally think we should move philip hart to play some varsity, i mean the kid can light it up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

daWtownballa
Waterboy

Post by daWtownballa »

i think the tigers will have a good game an will be pretty close but, i think that Dave Holt should get some mins. and do something with the work he put in. He is the type of guy that will bring energy and bring a win to the tigers. He went on an official visit to UK.

Trivium5
Freshman Team

Post by Trivium5 »

You kids on here need some sense and some respect. All you do is hide behind the screen and making fun of kids by saying that so and so should be on Varsity, or he went on an official to UK. Really? Have some respect for your peers, your fellow students, community, and your school. You are just making yourselves look like idiots going on here and saying things that shouldn't be said. Keep your opinions to yourselves. Stuff like this doesn't need to be posted. Be mature and please, don't post immature comments. Many people on here, if not all, are here to express honest opinions. Not to be funny. Quit bashing HIGH SCHOOL students. Get a life.

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

If Valley plays the way they did tonight this will be a great game. I expect Waverly to guard Yates better than Eastern did tonight. Valley will need to have other kids step up and score the way they did tonight to be able to beat the Tigers. The game will be decided on the glass. If Valley can keep Waverly off the offensive glass, they can win. Should be a great one with 3 of the top 4 players in the league on the floor together.

SOCFAN1430
Varsity

Post by SOCFAN1430 »

Waverly by 5. Waverly needs offensive help from guys not named Kretzer and Martin. Others have to score.

bballin
JV Team

Post by bballin »

I think Waverly wins this in a close one.. Kretzer and Martin are great athletes.. Waverly's main focus will be shutting down Yates.. But he will still get his points.. If Valley wins this one it will take someone else stepping up on Valleys team.

daWtownballa
Waterboy

Post by daWtownballa »

No sir, i was saying he went on a visit for his grades... which shows how smart he is as a kid. No disrespect at all!!!!!!!!!

Trivium5
Freshman Team

Post by Trivium5 »

daWtownballa wrote:No sir, i was saying he went on a visit for his grades... which shows how smart he is as a kid. No disrespect at all!!!!!!!!!
Be more specific next time. I've seen many of the same comments toward this young man dealing with UK and official visits.

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

Waverly by 6.

toast
All State

Post by toast »

Very impressive win by Valley over Eastern. Looks like they have more than just Yates that can fill it up. And by all indications Yates is much improved over last year. 43 points and a triple double I believe. He can obviously score but just as dangerous breaking down the D and hitting an open man.

Waverly will have their hands full and will certainly need to "get back" quickly on defense. Quite the contrast in styles in this contest.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

I am surprised people are picking Waverly so easily.
1. The game is at Valley (Valley is very tough at home).
2. Valley has played 3 games vs Waverly 1.
3. Valley has Yates and a good supporting cast.
4. While Waverly has Martin & Kretzer, Martin has only been back a couple weeks and when he was off he couldn't even practice his shot.
5. Waverly only has 3 players with any varsity experience, I'm sure Valley has more.
6. I hear the same officiating crew that did the Waverly/Court House game is doing this game, lol.

Now, do I think Waverly can win, YES. Waverly has to play a great game to do so. They will have to limit the turnovers, control the glass, limit Yates, play great team defense, hit FT's.
If Waverly does that they should come away with the victory.

I didn't know what to expect at Washington Court House but was pleased the Tigers were in a position to beat the much more experienced Blue Lions. An easy shot made here or there, a couple more FT's made, a technical not called, and the Tigers prevail. But, you have to figure out a way to win those close games and hopefully the Tigers will do that in the future.

toast
All State

Post by toast »

I hear the same officiating crew that did the Waverly/Court House game is doing this game.

Your kidding right?

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

That's what I heard but I have been told that kind of thing in the past and it didn't come to be. They weren't bad, just made some calls you don't normally make.

Return to “Boys Basketball”