JV Team

12-10 Warren @ Athens

Post by John Wooden »

Thoughts

Heavy D
All Conference

Re: 12-10 Warren @ Athens

Post by Heavy D »

It is at Athens so I doubt the same officiating crew will be there that had the sectional game between these two last year. At least for Athens' sake I hope not in light of the post game festivities last year. Should be a great game though, and hard to predict a winner.

Hardwood
JV Team

Post by Hardwood »

I agree this will be a good game that is hard to pick. I will say Athens at home by one.

hardrock21
JV Team

Post by hardrock21 »

If you go by comparitive scores Warren should win this one comfortably. Morgan played Athens close the entire game (10 point win for Athens) and Fort Frye demolished the same Morgan team by 30 points. Warren just beat FF by a comfortable margin. I really don't look for this game to be close. Warren by 10+

Grinder
Freshman Team

Post by Grinder »

hardrock21 wrote:If you go by comparitive scores Warren should win this one comfortably. Morgan played Athens close the entire game (10 point win for Athens) and Fort Frye demolished the same Morgan team by 30 points. Warren just beat FF by a comfortable margin. I really don't look for this game to be close. Warren by 10+

So do you think Eastern would beat Warren by 15 because Eastern beat Meigs by 30 and Warren beat Meigs by 15.

PushMePullYou
Freshman Team

Post by PushMePullYou »

Athens at home by 1

Blue_nd_Gray
JV Team

Post by Blue_nd_Gray »

This should be a good one athens is extremely quick and has size i dunno -even- hah

So do you think Eastern would beat Warren by 15 because Eastern beat Meigs by 30 and Warren beat Meigs by 15.
NO WAY
Warren would out muscle Eastern they have some strong kids.

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

Warren by 15.

Excoach78
Freshman Team

Post by Excoach78 »

First triple header of the year. Freshmen start at 5:00. Come early and stay late, get your moneys worth. I don't know much about the freshmen team just that they played hard against Parkersburg but lost. I will take the jvs in this one for sure. French found his stroke at Fort Frye last night,Patton was sound along with the rest. I really like this team. Good defense and unselfish makes this a fun group to watch. The BIG BOYS will be too strong and physical for the DOGS. I will go with the deep bench the Warriors have also. Too much talent top to bottom for Athens to handle.The Warriors are finding their rythem.

rebelionfan99
Waterboy

Post by rebelionfan99 »

I'm taken Warren. Not by alot like they should. But they seem to never blow out any teams even when they should. I tale Warren by 10-15 respectively. Warrens very good. Watch for Ward and AC to have tremendous games.

pbuck
All State

Post by pbuck »

Warren big IMO

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

this will not be like the last game these two played---Warren wins again

Warrior C C
Freshman Team

Post by Warrior C C »

ATTENTION WARRIORS! Since I have a new outlook on life itself, and have been in a better mood and the holidays are approaching, I am offering a $50 Gift card to the player with the most Warrior CC awards this year. I know $50 isnt alot these days, but being on a fixed income it can be tough, but something I want to do. So look for the award as always but they have a meaning now. Sometimes its not just about the most points, but Teamwork,Desire,Hustle, and just overall play. So as it stands right now...
JV players all have 1 award, Mitchem, and Ward each have 1 award. Cant wait to see the Boys of Blue in Athens because they have made me appreciate this game again and glad im alive. They really bring out the best in me playing like a TEAM! SO GOODLUCK FRIDAY AND LETS WIN ANOTHER ONE FOR THE FANS! The sun comes out tmrw! :)

WHSwarrior
Varsity

Post by WHSwarrior »

Warrior CC,

I'm pretty sure you can't do that...these are amateur athletes....

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

I'm gonna go with the Dogs in a very very close game.

Power 105
All Conference

Post by Power 105 »

This game can be heard on Power 105.5 (WXTQ-FM) in Athens, with Brian Boesch and Mark Hunter on the call. Pre-game coverage begins at 7:45.

You can listen to the game online at http://athensi.com (click the WXTQ FM link on the right side).

Also, Athens coach Jeff Skinner previewed the match-up last night on the "Sports Fan Presented by J&K Contracting." You can listen back to the show here: http://thesportsfan.mypodcast.com/

Thanks, and good luck to both teams!

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

This could one day soon be a TVC OHIO league game at the rate the TVC is expanding!

newlex/sheridan
Varsity

Post by newlex/sheridan »

Morgan played both games against athens and Fort Frye without their two best players, ted vynalek, who is their only solid player and sam wise who sat out suspensions. With those two Morgan is awful, without them i don't know that there is a team in the state outside of maybe bellaire st johns that they could beat. Athens had to have played terrible in that game for it to be competitive. Morgan was throttled with their entire team playing the other night against JG 59-26. If you can't get your team focused enough to beat them down you might have problems. I give the edge to Warren in this one.
Last edited by newlex/sheridan on Fri Dec 10, 2010 1:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Heavy D
All Conference

Post by Heavy D »

newlex/sheridan wrote:Morgan played both games against athens without their two best players, ted vynalek, who is their only solid player and sam wise who sat out suspensions. With those two Morgan is awful, without them i don't know that there is a team in the state outside of maybe bellaire st johns that they could beat. Athens had to have played terrible in that game for it to be competitive. Morgan was throttled with their entire team playing the other night against JG 59-26. If you can't get your team focused enough to beat them down you might have problems. I give the edge to Warren in this one.
Morgan should join the TVC Ohio. Athens is the biggest school in it and they will probably win the league and Morgan had them on the ropes for much of their game. Then they go get beat by an MVL team by 30+! WOW Timmy is all I can say. :mrgreen:

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... talking my "better half" into driving me down Rt 33 to take this one in tonight ... should be a good statement game for both teams as continues it road tour and Athens looks to put a W with a big asterisk beside it to donate Major Win ... should be a good game between teams with quality coaches who have my utmost respect ...

Return to “Boys Basketball”