Chesapeake, OH vs. Logan, WV 1/17/11 @ Vets Mem. Fieldhouse

dime-a-dozen
Varsity

Chesapeake, OH vs. Logan, WV 1/17/11 @ Vets Mem. Fieldhouse

Post by dime-a-dozen »

I know the Panthers have to get through RV and Athens first and i belive they will.
This could be the hardest game on chesapeakes schedual!

The Chesapeake vs. Logan game has a good amount of hype on it.

Chesapeake- 2010 Ohio Final 4
Logan- 2010 WV AAA State Champions

I have been around Chesapeake sports for over 25yrs. And i remember watching some pretty epic buddy league battles between these two teams. I know alot has changed and that has been along time but i think this one could be one of the better basketball games i will ever attend. It was a rivalry when these kids were young and im sure it is still a rivalry. Don't forget if you can't make it it will be on WSAZ MY-Z tv at 8pm.

ovc fan
Varsity

Re: Chesapeake, OH vs. Logan, WV 1/17/11 @ Vets Mem. Fieldho

Post by ovc fan »

I'm gonna say this will be very tough for Chesapeake. Logan is not the same team they had in buddy league. Lots of transfers. Course I know Peake has 2 themselves. Logan won the championship last year and is supposed to be even better. They just beat the number one team in WV tonight in Wheeling Park by 1 point on a three pointer by Paul Williamson. He finished with 34. I dont think Peake has anybody that can stop him and I saw him personally this summer. The young man is amazing! Logan by 12 unfortunately.

PEAKE POWER
Freshman Team

Post by PEAKE POWER »

Without question will be the Panthers stiffest challenge to date. I think this will be a close game and the Panthers are going to have to play well to get a win. Should be a great game look for the Peake to step up and play and give the Wildcats all they can handle. I'll take the Peake in a barnburner. A loss here would not be the end of the world what's important is that we compete and improve no matter the result. GOOD LUCK PEAKE!

Chesapeake
JV Team

Post by Chesapeake »

dime-a-dozen wrote:Logan - 2010 WV AAA State Champions
AAA is the big one here in West Virginia but Chesapeake will pull away late and win a close one, 66-61.

Chesapeake
JV Team

Post by Chesapeake »

2010-2011 Chesapeake Schedule/Results
vs. Gallia Academy - Friday, December 10, 2010 - Won 77-22
at Rock Hill - Tuesday, December 14, 2010 - Won 58-33
vs. Dawson Bryant - Friday, December 17, 2010 - Postponed/Weather
at Ironton Classic vs. Columbus Africentric - Wednesday, December 22, 2010 - Won 66-57
vs. Ironton - Tuesday, December 28, 2010 - Won 78-70
at Wheelersburg - Thursday, December 30, 2010 - Won 64-35
vs. South Point - Friday, January 07, 2011 - Won 72-34
at Marietta Tournament vs. Parkersburg South - Saturday, January 08, 2011 - Won 78-53
at Fairland - Tuesday, January 11, 2011 - Postponed/Weather
vs. River Valley - Friday, January 14, 2011 Won 77-42
vs. Beasts of the Southeast Tournament vs. Athens - Saturday, January 15, 2011 Won 50-33
at MLK Classic vs. Logan (WV) - Veterans Memorial Fieldhouse in Huntington - Monday, January 17, 2011
at St. Joseph Invitational - Thursday, January 20, 2011
at St. Joseph Invitational - Saturday, January 22, 2011
vs. Rock Hill - Tuesday, January 25, 2011
at Dawson Bryant - Friday, January 28, 2011
at South Point - Friday, February 04, 2011
vs. Huntington St. Joseph - Tuesday, February 08, 2011
vs. Fairland - Friday, February 11, 2011
at River Valley - Tuesday, February 15, 2011
vs. Dawson Bryant - Friday, February 18, 2011 - Make up game
at Fairland - Saturday, February 19, 2011 - Make up game

Current Record: 9-0 (3-0 OVC)
Last edited by Chesapeake on Sun Jan 16, 2011 7:34 am, edited 2 times in total.

Pioneer_PA
Freshman Team

Post by Pioneer_PA »

Logan is not quite as good as last year...they did lose a 4-star PG who graduated and went to WVU (was suspended indefinitely in October and left the team since).

That said, they're still very good. They're going to be #1 in West Virginia's large school division. However, they're closer to Chesapeake's size than to the bulk of the AAA schools in WV. Logan was AA up until 2 years ago...Chesapeake would be the largest Class A school in WV, so there is probably a 300 student difference...significant, but not like Logan has 2000 kids or anything like that.

I think this will be a tremendous ballgame. I wish we had Chesapeake on this side of the river...they would take care of WV's Private Schools in basketball, that have won Class A for about a decade now (last public school winner was 2001, and haven't had a public school reach the finals in 4-5 years).

I like Logan in a tight game that could go either way. I don't think Logan can overwhelm Chesapeake, nor do I think Chesapeake will sneak up on Logan.

Thinking of heading up there Monday.

conehead
Freshman Team

Post by conehead »

This game is at the Field House, not the Henderson Center (what that schedule up there says). Don't want people showing up at the wrong place!

I think this is going to be a challenge for the Peake, but I think it's one they can win if they play like they can. They've got to look much better than they did tonight, though.
Last edited by conehead on Sun Jan 16, 2011 1:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

ovc fan
Varsity

Post by ovc fan »

Pioneer_PA wrote:Logan is not quite as good as last year...they did lose a 4-star PG who graduated and went to WVU (was suspended indefinitely in October and left the team since).

That said, they're still very good. They're going to be #1 in West Virginia's large school division. However, they're closer to Chesapeake's size than to the bulk of the AAA schools in WV. Logan was AA up until 2 years ago...Chesapeake would be the largest Class A school in WV, so there is probably a 300 student difference...significant, but not like Logan has 2000 kids or anything like that.

I think this will be a tremendous ballgame. I wish we had Chesapeake on this side of the river...they would take care of WV's Private Schools in basketball, that have won Class A for about a decade now (last public school winner was 2001, and haven't had a public school reach the finals in 4-5 years).

I like Logan in a tight game that could go either way. I don't think Logan can overwhelm Chesapeake, nor do I think Chesapeake will sneak up on Logan.

Thinking of heading up there Monday.

I saw tonight that wheeling Park beat Ripley something like 102-95. So I kinda think WP's defense is a little suspect. Of course one player for Ripley (Chase Fisher) accounted for 54 points himself. So may be a better game than expected. And I wish Peake was on the other side of the river too this year. Dang tough in Southeast Ohio!

Pioneer_PA
Freshman Team

Post by Pioneer_PA »

Fischer is a Wake Forest signee who had originally committed to Marshall before Donnie Jones left. ACC talent is pretty big-time. He is a pure scorer...averaging over 40 ppg. Wheeling Park was playing back-to-back nights in two completely different parts of the state after that heartbreaking loss in front of 2,700+ at Logan the previous night. Wheeling Park is very sound, but Ripley plays VMI style of up-tempo. Wheeling Park likes running the floor, too. If anything, Logan really slowed them down Friday night.

Logan, at this point, appears to be more half-court oriented. I'm not sure they're as efficient as Chesapeake is in their halfcourt sets, but Paul Herbert Williamson is getting mid-high D-I interest (Utah, for example). What has always impressed me about Chesapeake is the discipline to take good shots, move, screen, cut, etc without hesitation and very few mental errors. Nevermind the suffocating defense.

Chesapeake
JV Team

Post by Chesapeake »

conehead wrote:This game is at the Field House, not the Henderson Center (what that schedule up there says). Don't want people showing up at the wrong place!
Thanks for pointing that out and sorry for the error. It has been corrected.

conehead
Freshman Team

Post by conehead »

It's cool. I just didn't want people (or maybe it was just me) to not read the whole title of this thread and then see the location on the schedule. That's what I did and it all excited that it was at the Henderson Center.

ovc fan
Varsity

Post by ovc fan »

The two games before that will be interesting as well. They wont be on tv though. Ripley(WV) lost 102-95 last night to #1 Wheeling Park but they had a player score 54 points and has signed with Wake Forest. Also Todd Mayo (former player for South Point) will lead Notre Dame Prep against Rio Grande Jr Varsity. Todd is the younger brother of OJ Mayo in case you didnt recognize the name.

Peake
SEOP

Post by Peake »

I'll be watching in NC :)

ThePeakeInsider
JV Team

Post by ThePeakeInsider »

Are there any radio links on internet for Ches. vs Logan game,please post link.

jottings
SEOPS H

Post by jottings »

Panthers firing off too quick behind the arc in first period.

0 for Monday
Waterboy

Post by 0 for Monday »

Copley and Mcmasters both out with four fouls early in 3rd. Both Kennedy's are really stepping up offensively

Peake
SEOP

Post by Peake »

McMaster still on the bench?

Peake
SEOP

Post by Peake »

how many mcmasters have?

Peake
SEOP