SHL Rankings, Scores, and Standings Week #8

jchitwood
All State

SHL Rankings, Scores, and Standings Week #8

Post by jchitwood »

I guess the best part of snow canceling a game is that down the road we get action-packed weeks crammed with makeup games. Last week we saw the North Adams Green Devils right their ship and nearly upset the Greyhounds, and the Fairfield Lions continued to roar, dropping rival Whiteoak by 21 points. This week features several non-league games, one of the great SHL rivalries, and a trip to Columbus.

1. The Ripley Blue Jays (8-1, 5-0) have not faced a serious challenge in a while. They play three games this week, facing the SHL punching bag CNE, Whiteoak, and a makeup game against North Adams. The Green Devils surprised them late in the season last year, and I don't look for the Blue Jays to take them for granted.

2. The Manchester Greyhounds (10-1, 7-0) Built on their commanding lead, as they became the first SHL team to hit 10 wins. They were nearly upset by a scrappy Green Devil team on Saturday, but pulled it together in the final seconds. They should handle South Point and Lynchburg-Clay easily.

3. The Peebles Indians (7-1, 3-1) have a big week ahead of them. They face their stalwart rivals, the Green Devils, on Friday. Peebles vs. North Adams games always have a little bit of added intensity, from peewee on up. Then the Tribe leaves the Wigwam to play a rare Sunday game at OSU against the Fairfield Lions. This is a great opportunity for both teams. On the larger floor, the Indians' depth should win the day.

4. The Fairfield Lions (4-7, 4-3) are probably the highest-ranked 4-7 team on SEOPs. I believe they are 4-1 since Chris Cox's return (am I wrong?)...and they proved their Highland County dominance by pulling the tail off the Wildcats last week. According to the Highland County Press, the win was due as much to their strong bench as their dominant center.

5. The Wildcats of Whiteoak (4-7, 3-3) will probably go 1-1 this week, facing a week Williamsburg team and the mighty Jays of Ripley.

6. Eastern Brown (5-5, 1-5) did a fine job of representing the SHL at the Beasts of the Southeast tournament, dropping South Point by 4. Still, both teams are in down years, with the Warriors rebuilding a young team. They play better outside the league than inside. This week they have a rematch against Brown County rival Georgetown before facing the low-run Dragons.

7. North Adams (4-5, 3-3) nearly pulled off the upset of the season against Manchester. They take that momentum into a Tuesday matchup against a weak Western Brown matchup. Then they face their Adams County rivals, the Peebles Indians. Last year Peebles ended NA's streak of consecutive sectional titles. If there's one game the Green Devils want to win this year, it's this one.

8. The Lynchburg-Clay Mustangs (3-9, 2-3) have a tough game this week against Manchester, before making up a game against the Dragons.

9. The Fayetteville Rockets (2-8, 1-5) have a makeup game against Peebles before rematching the Fairfield Lions. I could be wrong, but I believe the Rockets were the first team the Lions beat this season, after Cox returned.

10. The West Union Dragons (1-10, 0-6) continue to struggle, but had a nice showing against North Adams, losing by eight points. They reached the dubious milestone of hitting ten losses before any other SHL team.

This week's BIG GAME: Peebles @ North Adams.
The OTHER BIG GAME: Peebles vs. Fairfield at OSU.
This week's OTHEREST BIG GAME: Eastern @ Georgetown.

Your Games:

Tuesday, January 18th
*Peebles 80
Fayetteville 41 (from 1/11)

Eastern Brown 43
Georgetown 42

North Adams 51
Western Brown 65

Ripley 76
CNE 48

South Point 73
Manchester 81

Whiteoak 49
Williamsburg 59

Friday, January 21st

*Eastern
West Union (ppd Feb. 15)

*Fairfield
Fayetteville (ppd. Feb. 9)

*Manchester
Lynchburg-Clay (ppd. Jan. 29)

*Peebles
North Adams (ppd. Feb. 15)

*Whiteoak
Ripley (ppd. Feb. 8)

Saturday, January 22nd
*North Adams 62
Ripley 79 (from 1/22)

*Lynchburg Clay
West Union (from 1/22)

Sunday, January 23rd
*Fairfield 60
Peebles 73 (OSU Scholastic Classic)

Southern Hills League Standings

OVERALL:
Team - W/L - GB - SHL - STREAK - PCT.

MN / 11-1 / - / 7-0 / W9 / .916
RIP / 10-1 / .5 / 6-0 / W8 / .909
PEB / 9-1 / 1 / 5-1 / W5 / .900
ESB /6-5 / 4.5 / 1-5 / W2 / .545
NA / 4-7 / 6.5 / 3-4 / L3 / .363
FRD / 4-8 / 7 / 3-4 / L1 / .333
WHK / 4-8 / 7 / 3-3 / L3 / .333
+LYN / 3-9 / 8 / 2-3 / L2 / .250
FAY / 2-9 / 8.5 / 1-6 / L8 / .181
+WU / 1-10 / 9.5 / 0-6 / L8 / .090

DIVISION 1
Team - SHL - PCT. - GB - W/L - PCT. - STREAK

RIP / 6-0 / 1.000 / - / 10-1 / .909 / W8
+LYN / 2-3 / .400 / 3 / 3-9 / .250 / L2
NA / 3-4 / .428 / 3.5 / 4-7 / .363 / L3
ESB / 1-5 / .167 / 4.5 / 6-5 / .545 / W2
+WU / 0-6 / .000 / 5.5 / 1-10 / .090 / L8

DIVISION 2
Team - SHL - PCT. - GB - W/L - PCT. - STREAK

MAN / 7-0 / 1.000 / - / 11-1 / .916 / W9
PEB / 5-1 / .833 / 1.5 / 9-1 / .900 / W5
WHK / 3-3 / .500 / 3.5 / 4-8 / .333 / L4
FRD / 3-4 / .428 / 4 / 4-8 / .333 / L1
FAY / 1-6 / .142 / 6 / 2-9 / .181 / L9

*League Game.
+Awaiting Scores
Last edited by jchitwood on Sun Jan 23, 2011 5:26 pm, edited 8 times in total.

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Re: SHL Rankings, Scores, and Standings Week #8

Post by TribeManiac10 »

Cant wait for the game at Ohio State. Here is a schedule for that day's games...I find it funny that we get priority at OSU's main floor over the Northland and St. Vincent-St. Mary matchup... :122245

http://playbyplayclassics.com/blog/?page_id=32

streetballer
Varsity

Post by streetballer »

who does peebles play at osu?

peeblesfan97
JV Team

Post by peeblesfan97 »

streetballer wrote:who does peebles play at osu?
Fairfield

jchitwood
All State

Post by jchitwood »

peeblesfan97 wrote:
streetballer wrote:who does peebles play at osu?
Fairfield
Does no one read what I write?

eaglesorfalcons
Freshman Team

Post by eaglesorfalcons »

it wasn't under MANCHESTER so he had no intrest.

theuglytruth
Varsity

Post by theuglytruth »

As it appears the SHL is in full swing with some very competetive teams !! jchitwood you might want to watch your words the SHL punching bag has a good chance against your ripley jays.. That punching bag team is 7-3 and tied for first with the Warriors of Goshen and WB Broncos. Be very careful on your use of words as ripley has not had many tough games on there schedule, Except for that LOSS at Maderia I may add. Peebles is looking very up and down and it appears Coach Young has made some adjustments. Interesting game between the wildcats of Williamsburg and the cats of W/O. W/O better watch out for the Young brothers two of the better players around!! Not sure they have anyone to match up with them.

And that my friends is theuglytruth!!

jchitwood
All State

Post by jchitwood »

theuglytruth wrote:As it appears the SHL is in full swing with some very competetive teams !! jchitwood you might want to watch your words the SHL punching bag has a good chance against your ripley jays.. That punching bag team is 7-3 and tied for first with the Warriors of Goshen and WB Broncos. Be very careful on your use of words as ripley has not had many tough games on there schedule, Except for that LOSS at Maderia I may add. Peebles is looking very up and down and it appears Coach Young has made some adjustments. Interesting game between the wildcats of Williamsburg and the cats of W/O. W/O better watch out for the Young brothers two of the better players around!! Not sure they have anyone to match up with them.

Their boys are 1-2 against the SHL so far, with the only win coming against last-place West Union...and both games weren't competitive. Still, you never know...

Waterboy

Post by 2026 »

Peebles was without a player friday. Anyone know why?

airforcejm
Varsity

Post by airforcejm »

theuglytruth wrote:As it appears the SHL is in full swing with some very competetive teams !! jchitwood you might want to watch your words the SHL punching bag has a good chance against your ripley jays.. That punching bag team is 7-3 and tied for first with the Warriors of Goshen and WB Broncos. Be very careful on your use of words as ripley has not had many tough games on there schedule, Except for that LOSS at Maderia I may add. Peebles is looking very up and down and it appears Coach Young has made some adjustments. Interesting game between the wildcats of Williamsburg and the cats of W/O. W/O better watch out for the Young brothers two of the better players around!! Not sure they have anyone to match up with them.

I think Ripley is the favorite in this game. CNE didn't win against the other two top SHL teams and I don't think this one will be any different. However anything could happen.

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

2026 wrote:Peebles was without a player friday. Anyone know why?
I was told AJ Chamblin was sick.

sparky
All State

Post by sparky »

cne has been playing better and winning some games. just recently beat goshen who was leading the sbc at the time. they have won 5 or 6 in a row since peebles blew them out.

peeblesfan97
JV Team

Post by peeblesfan97 »

sparky wrote:cne has been playing better and winning some games. just recently beat goshen who was leading the sbc at the time. they have won 5 or 6 in a row since peebles blew them out.
Yes, CNE has been winning more ballgames lately but having seen them and Ripley both play, I would still be shocked if Ripley did not win this ballgame.

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

peeblesfan97 wrote:
sparky wrote:cne has been playing better and winning some games. just recently beat goshen who was leading the sbc at the time. they have won 5 or 6 in a row since peebles blew them out.
Yes, CNE has been winning more ballgames lately but having seen them and Ripley both play, I would still be shocked if Ripley did not win this ballgame.
I sort of agree. The only shared game the two have had up to this point is Bethel-Tate and Ripley clearly had the better point differential. Honestly with Cox back for Fairfield I think CNE would be a mid-level SHL team, probably on par with Eastern Brown(this season).

hangman
Riding the Bench

Post by hangman »

Anyone have an update on peebles game tonight?

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

hangman wrote:Anyone have an update on peebles game tonight?
Last I heard they were up like 50-32 near the end of the third. Not positive though.

dmills
Riding the Bench

Post by dmills »

peebles won 80-43

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

dmills wrote:
peebles won 80-43
Do you have any stats, MVPs, etc.?

hangman
Riding the Bench

Post by hangman »

Thanks mills did they play pretty solid?

dmills
Riding the Bench

Post by dmills »

hangman wrote:Thanks mills did they play pretty solid?
my info said that it was a team win and everybody played well.

Return to “Boys Basketball”