Final Chillicothe 67 Logan 52 1/18/11

bvmv4life
All Conference

Final Chillicothe 67 Logan 52 1/18/11

Post by bvmv4life »

Chilly by 15+.....
Last edited by bvmv4life on Wed Jan 19, 2011 6:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Re: Chillicothe @ Logan 1/18/11

Post by trojandave »

Chillicothe should win this game by double digits.......I look for the Chieftains to play uptempo like they did vs. the Trojans........LHS doesn't have much size but have several kids that can knock down the 3 pointer.

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

Chillicothe by 20 plus, the chiefs will play hard but our boy's are lacking the talent to compete with the #2 team in the state!

bvmv4life
All Conference

Post by bvmv4life »

Just took a peek at the schedule and i wonder why the Junior High kids play on the same day as the Varsity?

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Chillicothe by a little more than 10?

Why? Do they just not play with the energy much or just when they want to? They trailed Jackson at the half but drilled Warren?

datchillicav
JV Team

Post by datchillicav »

Ironman92 wrote:Chillicothe by a little more than 10?

Why? Do they just not play with the energy much or just when they want to? They trailed Jackson at the half but drilled Warren?
They play down when they play teams that they perceive to be of lesser talent. Tonight was honestly the most dissapointed I have been watching a Chilli team play in several several years. Maybe, Kellough's entire stint. Even more than 3 years ago at Jackson. They were lackluster, lacadasical, and lazy. A few more bad bounces and Logan could have been in the lead late and then who knows what happens? Chilli is IMO, the most talented team in SEO but they need to stop playing to the level of their opponent. Great teams beat the snot out of bad teams. Good teams don't.
Last edited by datchillicav on Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

trojan7
JV Team

Post by trojan7 »

What was the score?

Hitchbone64
All Conference

Post by Hitchbone64 »

67-52. Cavs win to go to 10-1 and 6-0 in league play. Ragland leads way with 28 followed by Zach Johnson with 14. Now up against D1 Power Gahanna on Saturday.

jottings
SEOPS H

Post by jottings »

How about a reserve score? Thanks.

bvmv4life
All Conference

Re: Final Chillicothe 67 Logan 52 1/18/11

Post by bvmv4life »

OMG! I knew that the Cavs would play down to their level of competition.....not a knock against Logan,but the last two league games the Cavs have stunk it up especially in the 1st half..what would it take to get these kids motivated? Do we have to play the Warrens,Portsmouths and other top teams every game to be motivated at tip? Whether it be Logan or Portsmouth a team will capitalize on the Cavs mental mistakes and bite them right in the arse....lol...the Cavs cant play like this on Saturday,if so its gonna be a long evening because Gahanna wont sit back and let the Cavs just make dumb mistakes,it will be a BLOW OUT! The Cavs are a good team and can very well make a long run in the tourney,but its gonna take focus! Go Cavs!

independent2012
Freshman Team

Post by independent2012 »

bvmv4life wrote:OMG! I knew that the Cavs would play down to their level of competition.....not a knock against Logan,but the last two league games the Cavs have stunk it up especially in the 1st half..what would it take to get these kids motivated? Do we have to play the Warrens,Portsmouths and other top teams every game to be motivated at tip? Whether it be Logan or Portsmouth a team will capitalize on the Cavs mental mistakes and bite them right in the arse....lol...the Cavs cant play like this on Saturday,if so its gonna be a long evening because Gahanna wont sit back and let the Cavs just make dumb mistakes,it will be a BLOW OUT! The Cavs are a good team and can very well make a long run in the tourney,but its gonna take focus! Go Cavs!
I agree,but that seems to be a problem the cavs have this year,however they will be ready for Gahanna this week,but being ready may not be enough,though i'm pulling for the Cavs,Lincoln by 7.

Hitchbone64
All Conference

Post by Hitchbone64 »

gahs4ever wrote:Im trying very hard not to be obtuse, but there is a theme in SE Ohio that I have heard consistently from the better teams when supposed lesser teams have the gall to try to compete with them. Anything less than a total blowout is regarded as the better team didnt play hard without giving ANY credit at all to their opponents.

That is a veiled, although hopefully not a deliberate attempt to disrespect said opponents.

There is a pecking order in HS basketball and while fans of better teams overlook lesser teams, perhaps sometimes YOU will be the team that is the underdog, and if you stay close to someone better than you, you might hear them say the same thing about you.

Gahanna comes to mind.

I try to speak positively of all teams we play, and I have a pretty good idea where we (GAHS) stands in that pecking order. The closest we've come to beating one of the perceived better teams was a 44-49 loss to Portsmouth and we heard the same thing out of SOME of their fans.

I dont ask for much; just a little credit for our kids for showing up and playing hard to the whistle, regardless of the outcome.

OK, Ill get off my soapbox now!

PS I picked the Cavs to win the league in the preseason with Warren second and Portsmouth third. I have no idea where Marietta came from, but they've had an outstanding season to date.

gahs4ever,

Very well said. I think many of us tend to underestimate the heart, effort and desire of some of the teams that are not having the best years. I can say for a fact that the Cavaliers have taken the best shots of both Logan and Jackson in the past week. Jackson hit everything they threw up Friday night (first half) and Logan shot lights out yesterday. Some teams bring out the best in other teams. That is why I don't like the rankings. Cavs get a #2 State ranking and they become a target.

Hopefully, we are "that team" in Gahanna's eyes and we go up to the capital city and get a victory. The main thing however, is to play hard and get better for tourney time.

As for the league, Marietta is huge and has some nice players. I think they got overlooked by quite a few. Easy to say when you have Warren, Portsmouth and Chilly sitting there. As an obvious Cavs fan, I hope Warren, Portsmouth and Marietta all go 2-2 against each other.

GO CAVS!!!

motley crue
Waterboy

Post by motley crue »

What time do the cavs play on Saturday?

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

hitchbone64 wrote:67-52. Cavs win to go to 10-1 and 6-0 in league play. Ragland leads way with 28 followed by Zach Johnson with 14. Now up against D1 Power Gahanna on Saturday.
This game was tied 48/48 in the 4th

datchillicav
JV Team

Post by datchillicav »

GAHS: I agree with what you said and assume I was at least one of the one's you were addressing. I apologize. Logan played very well last night and played with a ot of heart. They certainly were the team that DESERVED to win. But that is part of the reason I am so mad. Talent comes and goes but when my team has the talent, I expect them to show the heart that the other team does. Not trying to take anything away from Logan because, as I said, they played very hard, but if Chilli matches their intensity it is a blowout. It's not that I want to see games get ugly, it's just that I know there are only so many chances throughout a season to improve and you can't take a second for granted if you want to win come tourney time. I was addressing the issue raised earlier of why Chilli played so poorly compared to the last game. I did not intend to offend anyone although I should have, and meant to, congratulate Logan on their effort. The Logan fans and players really should have been proud of their team after last night's effort.

southernohio13
Freshman Team

Post by southernohio13 »

I just got on here and noticed a few chilly fans were fussing on how the cavs played against logan. i wasn't there but heard the logan team came out and played their guts out. I just got on the chillys website and chillicothe is beating their opponents by an average of 13 points. If you look at every score they seem to beat their opponent by 10-20 points in nearly all 10 wins. I think the fans need to get a grip and start enjoying the wins (by 13) every night and realize this team isn't going to win every game by 30. I've seen a few games this year and the one thing i've noticed is this team plays hard, together and gets after their opponent on d.

bvmv4life
All Conference

Post by bvmv4life »

Ok fellas my bad i shouldnt have said what i said about the ball game.....Chillicothe is a huge target and im sure every team is gonna play its best that given night....the league is more competative than originally thought,that makes for great ballgames on game night...good luck to Logan the rest of the year! Go Cavs!

bvmv4life
All Conference

Post by bvmv4life »

datchillicav wrote:GAHS: I agree with what you said and assume I was at least one of the one's you were addressing. I apologize. Logan played very well last night and played with a ot of heart. They certainly were the team that DESERVED to win. But that is part of the reason I am so mad. Talent comes and goes but when my team has the talent, I expect them to show the heart that the other team does. Not trying to take anything away from Logan because, as I said, they played very hard, but if Chilli matches their intensity it is a blowout. It's not that I want to see games get ugly, it's just that I know there are only so many chances throughout a season to improve and you can't take a second for granted if you want to win come tourney time. I was addressing the issue raised earlier of why Chilli played so poorly compared to the last game. I did not intend to offend anyone although I should have, and meant to, congratulate Logan on their effort. The Logan fans and players really should have been proud of their team after last night's effort.
yea i wasnt knocking Logans team at all,they played a great game! No harm done in my first post,i apologize to any Logan poster on here(the cool ones!...lol!)..Go Cavs!

jgordon0315
JV Team

Post by jgordon0315 »

gahs4ever wrote:Im trying very hard not to be obtuse, but there is a theme in SE Ohio that I have heard consistently from the better teams when supposed lesser teams have the gall to try to compete with them. Anything less than a total blowout is regarded as the better team didnt play hard without giving ANY credit at all to their opponents.

That is a veiled, although hopefully not a deliberate attempt to disrespect said opponents.

There is a pecking order in HS basketball and while fans of better teams overlook lesser teams, perhaps sometimes YOU will be the team that is the underdog, and if you stay close to someone better than you, you might hear them say the same thing about you.

Gahanna comes to mind.

I try to speak positively of all teams we play, and I have a pretty good idea where we (GAHS) stands in that pecking order. The closest we've come to beating one of the perceived better teams was a 44-49 loss to Portsmouth and we heard the same thing out of SOME of their fans.

I dont ask for much; just a little credit for our kids for showing up and playing hard to the whistle, regardless of the outcome.

OK, Ill get off my soapbox now!

PS I picked the Cavs to win the league in the preseason with Warren second and Portsmouth third. I have no idea where Marietta came from, but they've had an outstanding season to date.

@gahs4ever
I just went and looked through all the Portsmouth vs. Gallia posts from the game at Gallia and not one!!!!! I repeat, not one comment mirrored what you're saying. So to single Portsmouth out in your post is ludicrous. Stop being so sensitive. OK, I'll get off my soapbox now!! Still love ya though, gahs4ever.

Zanes-Vegas
Varsity

Post by Zanes-Vegas »

Our scouts who have seen Gahanna Lincoln say they may be better than they were last year.

Return to “Boys Basketball”