Peebles vs. Fairfield @ O.S.U. 1/23/11

warrior 89
Freshman Team

Peebles vs. Fairfield @ O.S.U. 1/23/11

Post by warrior 89 »

Any thoughts or predictions on this rematch. I've seen Fairfield play since the return
of Chris Cox, beleive me it's not the same team Peebles saw earlier this year, I think
it will be a tight one.

numberonefan
Riding the Bench

Re: Peebles vs. Fairfield @ O.S.U. 1/23/11

Post by numberonefan »

Peebles is not the same team as last year either when they handled Fairfield both times easily. Should be a great match up.

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

warrior 89 wrote:Any thoughts or predictions on this rematch. I've seen Fairfield play since the return
of Chris Cox, beleive me it's not the same team Peebles saw earlier this year, I think
it will be a tight one.
Should be a closer result than before. Fairfield has proven their better than ever by dispatching a solid Miami Trace team but the Indians will be ready for what ever the lions plan to throw at them by tip-off time. Once in a lifetime chance to play a rival on the biggest stage in the state and I think the game will live up to expectations.

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

numberonefan wrote:Peebles is not the same team as last year either when they handled Fairfield both times easily. Should be a great match up.
No their not the same team but dont think that dosent mean they cant do it again.

numberonefan
Riding the Bench

Post by numberonefan »

Easy big guy, wasn't implying they couldn't do it again but as you yourself stated should be a closer better game.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Look for Justice to go off for about 35-40 in 15 point Peebles win.

jchitwood
All State

Post by jchitwood »

Bigger court than they're used to, am I right? I think Peebles' up-tempo game and deep bench will win out, but big men Daniels and Leedy will have their hands full with Cox. How many did Blevins score in the Manchester game? More than 20, right?

sparky
All State

Post by sparky »

who had the contact to pull this off? this will be a great experience for both schools and hopefully their fans will make the long journey to support both teams in a great environment.

jchitwood
All State

Post by jchitwood »

sparky wrote:who had the contact to pull this off? this will be a great experience for both schools and hopefully their fans will make the long journey to support both teams in a great environment.
Very much agree. I'm happy for these kids.

YC08
Riding the Bench

Post by YC08 »

jchitwood wrote:Bigger court than they're used to, am I right? I think Peebles' up-tempo game and deep bench will win out, but big men Daniels and Leedy will have their hands full with Cox. How many did Blevins score in the Manchester game? More than 20, right?
You think Leedy and Daniels will guard Cox? I figured Justice or Countryman would-regardless much team defense will need to be played. I think this one will go down to the wire, should be a fun one to watch!

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

hopefully they can sit wherever...not where the OHSAA sticks you in the corners

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

YC08 wrote:
jchitwood wrote:Bigger court than they're used to, am I right? I think Peebles' up-tempo game and deep bench will win out, but big men Daniels and Leedy will have their hands full with Cox. How many did Blevins score in the Manchester game? More than 20, right?
You think Leedy and Daniels will guard Cox? I figured Justice or Countryman would-regardless much team defense will need to be played. I think this one will go down to the wire, should be a fun one to watch!
I would assume that Jake and Brandon will probably start off gaurding Cody Ferrell and switch back and forth with Blake who will start off on Cox. Blake started the Manchester game gaurding Blevins but switched with Jake after a couple minutes. I would say Countryman will gaurd either Williams or Rolark.

jchitwood
All State

Post by jchitwood »

Either way they're going to be boxing out with him and fighting in the middle.

Jayhawks
Freshman Team

Post by Jayhawks »

Fairfield needs to give the ball to Cox on the low block, nobody in the Peebles line-up can stop him inside. Fairfield will need to knock down some outside shots to open the inside up. I still think that the full court pressure is the key for the Indians. Peebles by 12.

YC08
Riding the Bench

Post by YC08 »

What is the schedule of games tomorrow? What are the times and who is playing?

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

YC08 wrote:What is the schedule of games tomorrow? What are the times and who is playing?
Canal Winchester plays Bishop Hartley at 12:30

Roger Bacon plays Teays Valley at 2

Peebles plays Fairfield at 3:30

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

jayhawks wrote:Fairfield needs to give the ball to Cox on the low block, nobody in the Peebles line-up can stop him inside. Fairfield will need to knock down some outside shots to open the inside up. I still think that the full court pressure is the key for the Indians. Peebles by 12.
Cox's biggest advantage is his outside shooting. Daniels can gaurd him within ten feet of the hoop. Blake will probably gaurd him.

squiggy
Freshman Team

Post by squiggy »

is anybody broadcasting this game?radio or webcast....c103?

pitchfork
Waterboy

Post by pitchfork »

I believe C103 is broadcasting this game as well as 97.5 WVNU out of Greenfield...

jchitwood
All State

Post by jchitwood »

73 to 60 final score, Andy Countryman had a very good game, and Chris Cox gets a dunk.

Return to “Boys Basketball”