Scholastic Play-By-Play Classic-Captial/OSU

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Scholastic Play-By-Play Classic-Captial/OSU

Post by TribeManiac10 »

Tommorow begins the 9th annual Scholastic Play-By-Play classic being held at both Capital University(for tommorow's games) and the Ohio State University(sunday's games). Three teams from the Southeast will be involved in the classic in Chillicothe, Peebles, and Leesburg Fairfield. Schedule is posted below. Anyone going? Have any thoughts?

Sat. Jan. 22 (Capital University)

Dublin Coffman-Walnut Ridge 2:45

Gahanna Lincoln-Chillicothe 4:30 ( Possibly Chilli's toughest contest to date as they play D-1 powerhouse Gahanna Lincoln and their star, and bobcat recruit, Stevie Taylor)

Westerville South-Life Center(NJ) 6:15 (Wisconsin recruit, and son of former buckeye Jimmy Jackson, Traevon Jackson and undefeated Westerville South will take on national top ten player and buckeye recruit LaQuinton Ross)

Northland-Akron St Vincent St. Mary 8:00 (Goes without saying...two of the great programs of the decade go head to head)

Sun. Jan. 23 (Ohio State University)

12:15 Bishop Hartley-Canal Winchester

2:00 Roger Bacon-Teays Valley(Game headlined by 6-9 UNC-Wilmington recruit Nate Anderson of Teays Valley)

3:45 Peebles-Leesburg Fairfield(Big inner league showdown as Peebles takes on a completely healthy Fairfield team who is hitting on all cylinders after convincingly dispatching a 10-1 Miami Trace team)

Should be a great two days of basketball!

Hitchbone64
All Conference

Re: Scholastic Play-By-Play Classic-Captial/OSU

Post by Hitchbone64 »

The Scholastic Play-By-Play is always an exciting event. To see some of Ohio's best hoop teams and players is special. Some get turned off by the cost, but this hoops fanatic put's this event in the hitch bone family budget.

Great teams, great coaches and great players. This event been a preview of numerous State Champs and All-Ohio players (including Mr. basketball).

Go Cavs!

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

Even though I think Gahanna is still a very good team, with PG Stevie Taylor back, the Bowman (Indiana) team will be the best that the Cavaliers will face through the regionals.

Gahanna did lose Rob Brandenburg from last year's Final 4 team........he is now playing at Virginia Commonwealth.

I talked to a couple of basketball gurus at the Wellston Hoops Classic who think that Northland just might win the D1 title again......they also favored Dunbar in D2, Taft in D3, and Dayton Jefferson in D4........Northland's G Trey Burke (6-1) has committed to Michigan, and the Vikings have some decent size to go with him.

I wanted to go to this but Portsmouth plays at home vs. Marietta tonight........looks like a good schedule of games both days........I wonder if Capital will have enough seats for everyone.

Good luck to your Indians, TribeManiac10.......I assume that you're going........you shouldn't have any problem finding a good seat at the Schott. I haven't followed Leesburg closely, but I do know they have the Cox kid inside, and if they beat Miami Trace handily, they must be pretty formidable.

bvmv4life
All Conference

Post by bvmv4life »

please tell me they are selling tickets at the door..

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

bvmv4life: I don't know about tickets at the door, but I do know that having been in Capital's gym before, it's best to get there early. Good luck to your Cavaliers!!

bvmv4life
All Conference

Post by bvmv4life »

thanks trojandave.....i forgot to get my tickets at the high school,hopefully i can still buy them!

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

trojandave wrote:Even though I think Gahanna is still a very good team, with PG Stevie Taylor back, the Bowman (Indiana) team will be the best that the Cavaliers will face through the regionals.

Gahanna did lose Rob Brandenburg from last year's Final 4 team........he is now playing at Virginia Commonwealth.

I talked to a couple of basketball gurus at the Wellston Hoops Classic who think that Northland just might win the D1 title again......they also favored Dunbar in D2, Taft in D3, and Dayton Jefferson in D4........Northland's G Trey Burke (6-1) has committed to Michigan, and the Vikings have some decent size to go with him.

I wanted to go to this but Portsmouth plays at home vs. Marietta tonight........looks like a good schedule of games both days........I wonder if Capital will have enough seats for everyone.

Good luck to your Indians, TribeManiac10.......I assume that you're going........you shouldn't have any problem finding a good seat at the Schott. I haven't followed Leesburg closely, but I do know they have the Cox kid inside, and if they beat Miami Trace handily, they must be pretty formidable.
Fairfield is finally playing up to the expectations people had for them at the beginning of the season before Cox went down with a leg injury. I would tend to agree with those gurus. Northland is looking solid at every position boasting multiple D1 prospects in the aformentioned Trey Burke( #17 PG in the nation-Michigan), Jalen Robinson(#31 PF in the nation-Ohio State, WVU, Akron), Devon Scott (Ohio State, Ohio U), and Jordan Potts (#77 PG in the nation).

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

Poster for the event.

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

Gahana Lincoln defeats Chillicothe 68-43. Anyone have any info on the other games?

Blu_n_Whyt
Freshman Team

Post by Blu_n_Whyt »

From Saturday:

The Chillicothe recap: http://www.wbex.com/pages/CavsBoysBKB2010.html

Walnut Ridge beat Dublin Coffman 51-48 in OT. Tight game throughout. I don't think either team had more than a three point lead at any time.

Westerville South 60, Life Center, NJ 55

Northland 77, Akron SVSM 69

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

Peebles beat Fairfield 73-60
Bishop Hartley beat Canal Winchester by around 15(not sure on exact final)
Roger Bacon defeated Teays Valley by 10-15(again not sure on the final)

Return to “Boys Basketball”