Peebles VS Manchester 1/25

hangman
Riding the Bench

Peebles VS Manchester 1/25

Post by hangman »

Looking for views, the hype is there but will it be a barn burner again. Both teams have been up and down over the last couple weeks.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Re: Peebles VS Manchester 1/25

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Should be a great game, good luck to both Teams.

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

Looking for Peebles to have a better team showing and to stay out of foul trouble this time around. I will take the indians on their floor by 5.

jchitwood
All State

Post by jchitwood »

awwwwwwwwwwwww yeah......it's on like Donkey Kong...I loves me some rematches!

peeblesfan97
JV Team

Post by peeblesfan97 »

This game will likely be decided by free throws as most close games are, I'll take the Indians at home by 4.

hangman
Riding the Bench

Post by hangman »

I'll take the Indians by 12. Look for Daniels to play a major part, i would say something like 12 boards and 18 points. With the power offense of the rest of the team i don't think Manchester has enough this time around.

Ohioguy23
Waterboy

Post by Ohioguy23 »

hangman wrote:I'll take the Indians by 12. Look for Daniels to play a major part, i would say something like 12 boards and 18 points. With the power offense of the rest of the team i don't think Manchester has enough this time around.
uhh what would make you think they dont have enough this time around? The fact that they beat peebles when justice had a career best shooting day?? or the fact that they have won 9 in a row?? or the fact that the only team they have lost too is a 10-1 eastern team??? IMO its going to be a great hard fought game, but dont disrespect manchester by saying "they dont have enough" and to say we will lose by 12?.....peebles has lost 2 in a row to manchester, in case you forgot

Grinder
Freshman Team

Post by Grinder »

I bet this will be a barn burner.

warrior 89
Freshman Team

Post by warrior 89 »

I'm gonna have to go with the Hounds by 10, Blevins, Smith, and Combs are a
hard trio to handle!!!

numberonefan
Riding the Bench

Post by numberonefan »

I wouldn't even want to wage a bet on this one. I'd say these 2 teams could play 10 times and it could easily end up 5-5.

jchitwood
All State

Post by jchitwood »

numberonefan wrote:I wouldn't even want to wage a bet on this one. I'd say these 2 teams could play 10 times and it could easily end up 5-5.
If that's the case I would lean toward home court advantage for the Indians.

Tribe said it best in an earlier post (maybe not on this topic)...if the Indians stay out of foul trouble and perform better at the line, they win the game. Andy Countryman got in foul trouble early, and the Indians played pretty helter-skelter.. Manchester has not seen Peebles' best game yet.

That's not to say that Peebles has seen Manchester's best game, either.
Last edited by jchitwood on Fri Jan 21, 2011 12:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

jchitwood
All State

Post by jchitwood »

This is the best rivalry in the SHL right now, in my opinion (apologies to Whiteoak/Fairfield).

1. The top two teams in their county.
2. Arguably the top two teams in the SHL.
3. A long history that goes back decades (hey, remember in 1986 when Marc Kremin made a last second shot to beat the Greyhound, then beat them at the foul line to put them out of the sectional? If you don't remember, here's the video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mDDlQvWLmIo And if you like that, We are the Indians is still on sale. ;) )
4. A short history that goes back to the Greyhounds spoiling the Indians' perfect season last year, and the recent squeaker in the holiday tournament.
5. They are the last 3 winners of (small school) league titles and two winners of Adams County Tournament championships.
6. The date "January 25th" has been engraved in the minds of every Greyhound and Indian player since their last meeting in the Gym Down by the River.
7. Peebles and Manchester fans are known for being very supportive and well mannered, especially toward officials. Both sides recognize the difficulty of officiating a game and treat the referees with due respect, even when a call goes against them. Right?

airforcejm
Varsity

Post by airforcejm »

With the game being in Peebles it's hard not to take the Indians. Hopefully both teams show up with their A games and make it worth the money.

shljunkie
Varsity

Post by shljunkie »

Got a good chuckle outta number 7 up there jchitwood, just sayin.

Out of Bounds
Varsity

Post by Out of Bounds »

Go Dawgs!!

streetballer
Varsity

Post by streetballer »

Ill take hounds by 5..the main parts ot deciding who wins this game will be how good countryman plays..how good ricketts can handle the ball and if hounds can slow justice down..should be a barn burner between 2 of the best teams in se ohio

hangman
Riding the Bench

Post by hangman »

The way Countryman is playing at the top of his game, and can stay out of trouble, he will pick up alot of the pressure off Blake. Like i said before Daniels is going to play a big part if he can stay out of foul trouble. Indians by 12 like i said.

streetballer
Varsity

Post by streetballer »

hangman just like everyone thought theyd beat manchester 1st time but they didnt..same result in this game but score will be fiurther apart...manchester by 10+

bigcline81
Riding the Bench

Post by bigcline81 »

i havent seen eather these two teams play but ill take Manchester by 2!! im just going off of wat i heard other ppl say!! should be a great game tho

jimmy chipwood
All Conference

Post by jimmy chipwood »

A question for the Peebles fans. Why does Countryman seem to always be in foul trouble? Where is he picking up these fouls at on the floor? Does he reach and gamble to much, body check, get beat off the dribble and get called for blocks, try to block shots, getting called for charging, etc??? From my experience when the same player is constantly getting in foul trouble there is something wrong with his defensive fundamentals (not playing def. with feet, always out of position, etc). Not taking a jab at Countryman because I am really impressed with the kid and knew he would be a good player ever since I saw him in 8th grade.

Return to “Boys Basketball”