Southeast District D4 Rankings 2-2-11

jimmy chipwood
All Conference

Southeast District D4 Rankings 2-2-11

Post by jimmy chipwood »

2-2-11 Rankings

1. South Webster (9-3) - One impressive win beating P.West by 45 before struggling to a 1 point win over Minford. Best Wins = Portsmouth, D3 Northwest (2x), and D3 Lucasville Valley.

2. Eastern Meigs (13-2) - Two more wins this past week beating Miller and South Gallia easily. Best Wins = Manchester, Waterford, D3 Meigs, Trimble, and Wahama.

3. Manchester (13-3) - Busy week losing to Peebles by 24 and Whiteoak by 14 before beating Lynchburg Clay and D2 New Richmond. Best Wins = D2 CNE, D3 Peebles, D3 Eastern Brown, and Whiteoak.

4. Symmes Valley (12-3) - Riding a 7 game winning streak. Big wins this past week over Green and Clay. Best Wins = Green, Clay, South Gallia, ISJ.

5. Waterford (8-4) - Won two games this past week defeating FH by 3 before blowing out a good Wahama squad 69-47. Best Wins = Trimble by 12, Southern (2x), Wahama, and South Gallia.

6. Trimble (9-5) - disappointing loss to Federal Hocking. Best Wins = D3 Alexander, Southern, D3 Nelsonville York, Waterford, and Wahama on the road.

7. Green (10-4) - Split two games this past week beating Western and losing to Symmes Valley by 8. Best Wins = D3 Minford, Symmes Valley, ISJ, and Eastern Pike. Doesnt have a bad loss!

8. Whiteoak (6-9) - Returns to the top 10 with a strong win over Manchester by 14 and a 4 point loss to Elite 8 D3 Peebles. Best Wins = Manchester, D3 Eastern Brown, Fairfield, D3 Lynchburg Clay. Only 1 questionable loss to North Adams early in the season.

9. Clay (9-6) - Split two games this past week beating Eastern Pike and losing to Symmes Valley. Best Wins = Eastern Pike (2x), Green, Symmes Valley and ISJ.

10. Fairfield (5-8) - Beat solid D3 Lynchburg Clay. Best Wins = D2 Miami Trace, Whiteoak, D3 Lynchburg Clay and D3 North Adams by 38. Doesnt have a bad loss!

*Racine Southern (8-7) - Split two games beating FH and losing to Wahama.

* Eastern Pike (8-6) - Won against New Boston by 30 before losing a close one to Clay. Best Win = Minford?

* ISJ (9-6) - Big win over D3 Wellston on the road.

* South Gallia (5-8) - Big win over Wahama.

svbt1112
Varsity

Re: Southeast District D4 Rankings 2-2-11

Post by svbt1112 »

I would love to see Symmes Valley, Green, Clay and/or Eastern Pike play Whiteoak or Fairfield just so we knew how they compared! My skewed opinion says that Whiteoak and Fairfield are better than the foursome from the SOC 1, but I don't really know----can't base it on anything concrete. How good is the SHL? I don't think we will truly know until the tournament. Does the SHL (at least the part that plays in the Southeast District) have a non-league win that you can hang your hat on? Does the SOC1 have a non-league win that you can brag about? If they do then please post it, because I can't think of one off of the top of my head.

Green beat Minford. Fairfield beat Miami Trace. How good is Miami Trace? I believe they have a nice record----but I don't know if they are GOOD.

In 10 days we are at the tournament draw and in the Valley Division 4 sectional the SOC1 (or Cartel as some call them) have 6 votes out of 10. Theoretically they can place teams wherever they want them. Last year it enabled Green to garner the 2 seed----which earned them a first round exit. I don't think anyone truly believed they were THE 2 seed. I sure hope the coaches place teams on the bracket this year with some fairness.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Thing is Miami Trace is D2 and with a very good record 12-2? and Fairfield is a small D4......and Fiarfield gave Whiteoak by far their biggest defeat and Whiteoak has played Oak Hill, Manchester (2), Peebles (2) and D2 Hillsboro.

I have no idea how they are going to make sure that Manchester/Fairfield/WO face each other........but I bet it happens.

I'd go:

#1 South Webster
#2 Manchester
#3 Green
#4 Clay
#5 Whiteoak
#6 Fairfield

Can't fathom WO and FF not being above ND, East, NB or Western.......but that will somehow happen or they'll somehow get the #4/#5 matchup......which would be fair.....but it's never fairly seeded it seems. Typically Green and Clay's better record would guarantee them higher seed with their bigger number of SOC coaches.....but WO and FF will get fairly seeded this year and face each other to go to the Convo.

svbt1112
Varsity

Post by svbt1112 »

Ironman92: I thought you might respond!

I believe if Whiteoak and Fairfield were seeded 4, 5 it would be fair. And, at least one of them would get out!

I would also like to see your scenario. Then, we would know!

grayjonathan42
Waterboy

Post by grayjonathan42 »

i have to agree i think the seeding will be fair especially with the close records in the soc 1 because each team will think they should be 2 or 3. but in the end i think the coaches will seed the tournament fairly because like you guys have said green was not a two seed last year

oldpgguy
Freshman Team

Post by oldpgguy »

Wellston

1 Eastern
2 Symmes Valley
3 Waterford
4 Trimble
5 St Joe
6 Southern
7 Eastern Pike
8 South Gallia
9 Miller
Last edited by oldpgguy on Thu Feb 03, 2011 7:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Waterford just beat Belpre tonight now 9-4.

pleasanttiger
SEO

Post by pleasanttiger »

FlyersBaseball wrote:Wellston

1 Eastern
2 Green
3 Waterford
4 Trimble
5 St Joe
6 Southern
7 Eastern Pike
8 South Gallia
9 Miller

i think you meant symmes valley in greens spot. I thought green was in the l. valley sectional

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

My prediction for Valley Sectional:

1.) South Webster
2.) Green
3.) Manchester
4.) Clay
5.) Notre Dame
6.) Fairfield
7.) Whiteoak
8.) New Boston
9.) East
10.) Western

I would tend to agree that Whiteoak and Fairfield are more talented than the SOC I schools, but won't matter come seeding time. They put Green at #2 last year which was an absolute joke and everybody knew it. Why would this year be any different? I would say they'd put Green at #1 above Webster if they have the same record, but I'm anticipating Webster beating Green next week which would make it impossible for them to justify Green over the Jeeps (at least I think it would, but who knows)

Talent-wise, it should go:
1) Manchester
2) South Webster
3) Leesburg Fairfield
4) Whiteoak
5) Clay
6) Green
7.) Notre Dame
8.) New Boston
9.) East
10.) Western.

halftime
JV Team

Post by halftime »

No one is giving Clay the respect they deserve. I think Clay is as talented as anyone out there when they play as a team. When they play together they are absolutely unstoppable. If they play games where they shoot under 5 three pointers they win every game. I look for Clay and Webster to be the teams to make it out of the DIV Sectionals!

1.) South Webster
2.) Manchester
3.) Green
4.) Clay
5.) Notre Dame
6.) Fairfield
7.) Whiteoak
8.) New Boston
9.) East
10.) Western

jimmy chipwood
All Conference

Post by jimmy chipwood »

svbt1112 wrote:Ironman92: I thought you might respond!

I believe if Whiteoak and Fairfield were seeded 4, 5 it would be fair. And, at least one of them would get out!

I would also like to see your scenario. Then, we would know!

I just wish that Whiteoak, Fairfield, Manchester would make every effort to schedule at least 2 non-conference games every year against SOC 1 schools. Than it would be very hard to seed someone higher when they have been beaten head to head. But for some reason they dont play each other??? Makes no sense to me - If I knew (thought) I was getting screwed every year in the tourny drawing I would make it a point to play some of these teams regular season? As mentioned above the Green vs SW game coming up will be a huge game to let people know just how good Green really is.

Go ask New Boston's Coach how good Whiteoak and Lynchburg Clay are? If he is honest he will give you the answer that some might not want to hear.

jimmy chipwood
All Conference

Post by jimmy chipwood »

grajon1 wrote:i have to agree i think the seeding will be fair especially with the close records in the soc 1 because each team will think they should be 2 or 3. but in the end i think the coaches will seed the tournament fairly because like you guys have said green was not a two seed last year

What makes you think they will seed the sectional fairly??? Oh, I see it will be fair as long as Whiteoak and Fairfield are #4 and #5 playing each other while if this was any other year Clay would be the #4 seed but wont this year probably just because of the above scenario? Or Manchester will somehow get passed by Green for the #2 seed (LOL) and will play Whiteoak or Fairfield to advance? That is fair as long as it helps an SOC 1 team advance to Districts I guess?

tabasco
Riding the Bench

Post by tabasco »

10. Fairfield (5-8) - Beat solid D3 Lynchburg Clay. Best Wins = D2 Miami Trace, Whiteoak, D3 Lynchburg Clay and D3 North Adams by 38. Doesnt have a bad loss!

Any loss is a bad loss!!!!
Looks to me like they have 8 bad losses!

halftime
JV Team

Post by halftime »

halftime wrote:No one is giving Clay the respect they deserve. I think Clay is as talented as anyone out there when they play as a team. When they play together they are absolutely unstoppable. If they play games where they shoot under 5 three pointers they win every game. I look for Clay and Webster to be the teams to make it out of the DIV Districts!

1.) South Webster
2.) Manchester
3.) Green
4.) Clay
5.) Notre Dame
6.) Fairfield
7.) Whiteoak
8.) New Boston
9.) East
10.) Western

What Time Is It?
Waterboy

Post by What Time Is It? »

Clay plays SW and Green before the draw, if they win both of those could they possibly get the 1 seed ??

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

tabasco wrote:10. Fairfield (5-8) - Beat solid D3 Lynchburg Clay. Best Wins = D2 Miami Trace, Whiteoak, D3 Lynchburg Clay and D3 North Adams by 38. Doesnt have a bad loss!

Any loss is a bad loss!!!!
Looks to me like they have 8 bad losses!
They also are something like 5-2 with their best player(one of those losses was his 1st back from a broken leg)

sinjinian
Freshman Team

Post by sinjinian »

I believe Fairfield has lost 3 games when they have had their two leading scorers on the floor, Washington CH-Cox's first game back from injury, Peebles-at Ohio St and at Ripley-lost by 10 but the game was much closer than that. Big game at Manchester tomorrow night

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

clay and green won't beat Webster.

sparky
All State

Post by sparky »

didn't clay lose to new boston at home? i would call that a very bad loss.

svbt1112
Varsity

Post by svbt1112 »

I don't understand how rationally you can say that Clay deserves more respect. They are a nice team, but they are 1-4 vs non-league opponents and lost to New Boston at home. You have to beat someone to garner respect.

Whiteoak and Fairfield are the enigma. They are 5-8 and 6-9, yet all the SHL people keep telling us that they are better than their record.........but they are still 5-8 and 6-9. If they were 8-5 and 9-6 then it would be easier to seed them higher! At the same time I don't see how in good conscience you can seed Notre Dame ahead of either of these 2 teams-----I can understand them being seeded 5 and 6 behind Green and Clay because of record differential. However, if I had to bet the farm I would take the SHL teams vs Green and Clay. Hopefully we will get to see those matchups!

1. South Webster or Manchester (depends on what happens the next few games)
3. Green or Clay (same as above)
5. Fairfield
6. Whiteoak
7. Notre Dame
8. New Boston
9. Western or East

Green vs Whiteoak and Clay vs Fairfield for a Sectional Championship would be fun games!

Return to “Boys Basketball”