Teams That Have Deceiving Records

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Teams That Have Deceiving Records

Post by Ironman92 »

I prefer this to be of teams that are maybe 7-9 but play tougher schedules than the majority of the opponents they'll face in the tourney......and maybe not as much about the teams with the 11-4 records that play far cruddier schedules than most in their sectional/district.....though off the top of my head it seems easier to list the latter.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Re: Teams That Have Deceiving Records

Post by Ironman92 »

They are 12-5.......I'd put them in the deceivingly lower records.....but everyone knows all about them.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

My reading comprehension is rough! lol

Still at 13-4 most would rank some better record teams above them.....and we both agree that might be a mistake.

jimmy chipwood
All Conference

Post by jimmy chipwood »

The only team I would rank over Portsmouth would be Chesapeake. I dont care what Piketon/Peebles records are - they are not better teams right now!

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

jimmy chipwood wrote:The only team I would rank over Portsmouth would be Chesapeake. I dont care what Piketon/Peebles records are - they are not better teams right now!
I agree.........

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Waverly at (7-10), they have lost alot of close games.

6 of their 10 losses have been 3 points or less with 1 point losses to Piketon, Ironton and Valley.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... Deceiving records? these teams fit the bill imo :

Fairfield Union (8-8) ... playing in the MSL, FU plays the tough "hold 'em 50 pts or less" defense
Lucasville Valley (8-8) ... have the ability to surprise in that 1st round with Yates as the catalyst ... SOC
Circleville (3-13) ... the MSL prepares teams well for the one and done season

... others to look out for in the post season early rounds :

South Gallia (7-8) TVC
Alexander (6-10) TVC
Fairfield Leesburg (6-9) SHL

jeep80
Varsity

Post by jeep80 »

Clay!
Waaaay better than their record.
I think they have taken awhile to get going, but they are clicking now. A very nice team. A true joy to watch!!

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

Leesburg Fairfield and Whiteoak both boast decieving records.

Peake
SEOP

Post by Peake »

I love Norm but Oak Hill...

Futurebkstar
All State

Post by Futurebkstar »

South Gallia

Heavy D
All Conference

Post by Heavy D »

futurebkstar wrote:South Gallia
Just curious, what teams has SG played that are tougher than what they will see in the tourny?

Rebels on 3
All State

Post by Rebels on 3 »

South Gallia will turn heads come tourny time Heavy D. For a year where people said SG wouldnt win a single TVC game they are doing ok, I think they have 5 or so TVC wins, thats better than O I guess.

TigerTownKid
Varsity

Post by TigerTownKid »

I would say Ironton. 10-5 with losses to Portsmouth, Chesapeake x2, Cincinnati Taft, and John Glenn. No loss is impressive, but those are some VERY GOOD teams to say are the only ones to blemish your record.

Futurebkstar
All State

Post by Futurebkstar »

They play all the teams in their sectional twice except beaver. That leaves no more games!!

Heavy D
All Conference

Post by Heavy D »

Ironman92 wrote:I prefer this to be of teams that are maybe 7-9 but play tougher schedules than the majority of the opponents they'll face in the tourney......and maybe not as much about the teams with the 11-4 records that play far cruddier schedules than most in their sectional/district.....though off the top of my head it seems easier to list the latter.
Read underlined portion of the above post. That is why I asked about SG.
Rebels on 3 wrote:South Gallia will turn heads come tourny time Heavy D. For a year where people said SG wouldnt win a single TVC game they are doing ok, I think they have 5 or so TVC wins, thats better than O I guess.
There were those saying SG would contend for the title as well, and I don't think 5 wins is going to get that done.

Futurebkstar
All State

Post by Futurebkstar »

They also said wahama would win it and eastern would be down.

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

Marietta has not lost a non-conference game yet........all 5 losses have been in the SEOAL to Chillicothe, Warren, and Portsmouth........keep an eye on the Tigers who could make a run in D2 if they get a good draw.

I agree about Ironton at 10-5.......all the Tigers' losses have come to quality teams, and their schedule just might be the toughest in the SE District.

Also the heartbreak team of the year has to be Waverly.........with a little good fortune at the end of some games, the Tigers could easily have only 3-4 losses.

As far as Portsmouth goes, it's been a tale of two seasons........6-4 without Andrew Bendolph, 7-0 with him.......stark contrast between the Trojans before AB and now.

Rebels on 3
All State

Post by Rebels on 3 »

Heavy D wrote:
Ironman92 wrote:I prefer this to be of teams that are maybe 7-9 but play tougher schedules than the majority of the opponents they'll face in the tourney......and maybe not as much about the teams with the 11-4 records that play far cruddier schedules than most in their sectional/district.....though off the top of my head it seems easier to list the latter.
Read underlined portion of the above post. That is why I asked about SG.
Rebels on 3 wrote:South Gallia will turn heads come tourny time Heavy D. For a year where people said SG wouldnt win a single TVC game they are doing ok, I think they have 5 or so TVC wins, thats better than O I guess.
There were those saying SG would contend for the title as well, and I don't think 5 wins is going to get that done.
I dont know who said they would win it all, but I know people said that the Rebels would win some TVC games and alot of people said they wouldnt. Also I can remember some Fed Hock poster saying that there was no way that SG could beat them and SG beat them both times.

TigerFan87
Waterboy

Post by TigerFan87 »

waverly

Return to “Boys Basketball”