Southeast District D4 Rankings 2-9-11

jimmy chipwood
All Conference

Southeast District D4 Rankings 2-9-11

Post by jimmy chipwood »

2-9-11 Rankings

1. South Webster (12-3) - Took care of business this week defeating D3 Wheelersburg, Clay, and Green. Best Wins = D3 Portsmouth, D3 Wheelersburg, D3 Valley, Clay, and Green.

2. Eastern Meigs (14-2) - Beat a competitive Belpre team by 22 this past week. Best Wins = Manchester, Waterford, Trimble, and Wahama.

3. Manchester (14-3) - Able to hand on to a 68-67 home victory over hot Fairfield team. Best Wins = D3 Peebles, D3 CNE, D3 Eastern Brown, Whiteoak and Fairfield.

4. Symmes Valley (13-3) - Defeated Eastern Pike by 11 this past week for their 8th win in a row. Best Wins = Green, Clay, South Gallia, ISJ, and Eastern Pike.

5. Waterford (10-5) - Won 2 games against Miller and Belpre before losing to strong Fort Frye team. Best Wins = Trimble by 12, Southern (2x), Wahama, and South Gallia.

6. Green (12-5) - Busy week losing to #1 South Webster by 7 after beating East and Notre Dame. Best Wins = D3 Minford, Symmes Valley, ISJ, and Eastern Pike. Doesnt have a bad loss!!!

7. Clay (11-7) - Busy week losing to #1 South Webster in triple overtime. Also, beat Western and East. Best Wins = Eastern Pike (2x), Green, Symmes Valley and ISJ.

8. Fairfield (6-9) - Beat Adena 92-64 and lost to #3 Manchester by 1 this past week. Best Wins = D2 Miami Trace, Whiteoak, D3 Lynchburg Clay and D3 North Adams by 38. Doesnt have a bad loss!

9. Trimble (9-7) - Lost two games this past week to Southern and Wahama. Best Wins = D3 Alexander, Southern, D3 Nelsonville York, Waterford, and Wahama.

10. Racine Southern (9-8) - Split two games beating Trimble by 14 and losing to Belpre by 5. Best Wins = Eastern Meigs, Trimble, Wahama, and South Gallia.

*Whiteoak (6-11) - Blown out by (15-1) D3 Ripley and lost to competitive D3 North Adams. Best Wins = Manchester, D3 Eastern Brown, and Fairfield.

*Eastern Pike (9-7) - Lost to Symmes Valley by 11, beat Western by 37. Best Wins = D3 Minford???

*South Gallia (7-8) - Won two games, beating Federal Hocking and ISJ. Best Win = Wahama.

*ISJ (10-7) - Lost to South Gallia and beat New Boston by a point. Best Win = D3 Wellston.
Last edited by jimmy chipwood on Wed Feb 09, 2011 3:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Re: Southeast District D4 Rankings 2-9-11

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

Webster is 12-3. We play Sciotoville East tonight. Our AD is trying to reschedule the ISJ game as well.

jimmy chipwood
All Conference

Post by jimmy chipwood »

Swanker Pine wrote:Webster is 12-3. We play Sciotoville East tonight. Our AD is trying to reschedule the ISJ game as well.

Thanks Swanker, Im not sure why I did that when I had all 3 game results for the past week. I have to admit that I expected South Webster to beat Clay and Green a little easier than they did. This might be one of the stronger SOC 1 years when you take Western and East out of the equation. Everybody is pretty competitive and has won quite a few non-conference games. The SOC 1 non-league record is 12-31 right now.

All year I have thought that SW, EM, and Manchester were head and shoulders above everyone else but Im starting to think they are only a few points better than the 2nd tier teams in D4.

jimmy chipwood
All Conference

Post by jimmy chipwood »

Got curious so I looked up the Non-Conference Records of the three major leagues: SHL 2, SOC 1, and TVC Hocking. Here are the results.

SHL 2 = 17-17 (0-1 against D1) (2-5 against D2) (11-10 D3) (4-1 D4)

TVC Hocking = 15-20

SOC 1 = 12-33
Last edited by jimmy chipwood on Sun Feb 13, 2011 10:44 am, edited 4 times in total.

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

they surprised me to. Clay matched up pretty well with us and were shooting lights out. Green was physical with us. Not to take anything away from either but imo both games would have been drastically different on a neutral court or Websters court. Both gyms are smaller than any we've seen and it was noisy and their fans were electric.

YC08
Riding the Bench

Post by YC08 »

so how does everybody think the drawing will shake out in the valley sectional?

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

IF Manchester does not lose again before the draw

1. South Webster
2. Manchester
3. Green
4. Whiteoak/Fairfield
5. Fairfield/Whiteoak
6. Clay
7. Notre Dame
8. New Boston
9. East
10. Western

IF Manchester loses again before the draw

1. South Webster
2. Green
3. Manchester
4. Clay
5. Fairfield/Whiteoak
6. Whiteoak/Fairfield
7. Notre Dame
8. New Boston
9. East
10. Western

IMO How it should be assuming the teams beat who they should the rest of this week

1. South Webster
2. Manchester
3. Green
4. Clay
5. Fairfield
6. Whiteoak
7. Notre Dame
8. New Boston
9. East
10. Western

^^^^^that absolutely will not happen

rockyraccoon
All Conference

Post by rockyraccoon »

Ironman92 wrote:IF Manchester does not lose again before the draw

1. South Webster
2. Manchester
3. Green
4. Whiteoak/Fairfield
5. Fairfield/Whiteoak
6. Clay
7. Notre Dame
8. New Boston
9. East
10. Western

IF Manchester loses again before the draw

1. South Webster
2. Green
3. Manchester
4. Clay
5. Fairfield/Whiteoak
6. Whiteoak/Fairfield
7. Notre Dame
8. New Boston
9. East
10. Western

IMO How it should be assuming the teams beat who they should the rest of this week

1. South Webster
2. Manchester
3. Green
4. Clay
5. Fairfield
6. Whiteoak
7. Notre Dame
8. New Boston
9. East
10. Western

^^^^^that absolutely will not happen
IF Manchester loses again before the draw and Clay beats Green this Friday night, which is very likely

1. South Webster
2. Clay
3. Manchester
4. Green
5. Fairfield/Whiteoak
6. Whiteoak/Fairfield
7. Notre Dame
8. New Boston
9. East
10. Western

arrowman
Riding the Bench

Post by arrowman »

Bet Manchester is 2. (in the sectional draw)
There has to be several coaches that are a 5-7 seed candidate. I would think that those coaches would rather take their chances with Manchester as the two. I will have to take a better look at the bracket and teams.

jimmy chipwood
All Conference

Post by jimmy chipwood »

I know that I have had the sectional selection process repeated to me over and over again but could someone whose been there a few times walk us thru it one more time. I also heard a few weeks back that the Southeast Board was thinking about making some minor changes to the selection process. Any news/information on that topic?

rockyraccoon
All Conference

Post by rockyraccoon »

Where can you find the District brakcet layout. I can find the regional bracket on OHSSA.org but nothing for the district.

BlindWhiteHat
SEOP

Post by BlindWhiteHat »

If you go to the OHSAA website you can pick up a link to the Southeast District website. There you can see the district tourney layout.

The sectional seeding process goes like this. For the Valley sectional as an example, you have a representative from all 10 teams. The #1 seed is voted on first. The team with the most votes becomes the first seed. If the team you vote for does not become the first seed, a coach must continue to vote for that team until they are seeded. That way you can manipulate the process less. This goes all the way down until all 10 teams are seeded.

halftime
JV Team

Post by halftime »

Who does Manchester play before the draw?

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Jeeps defeat D4 sciotoville by 28. next game is friday @ D2 SOC2 Waverly

jimmy chipwood
All Conference

Post by jimmy chipwood »

halftime wrote:Who does Manchester play before the draw?
Manchester plays Ironton Friday night! I would say they are a 5-7 point underdog on their home floor for this game.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

How did Green fare against Ironton?

jimmy chipwood
All Conference

Post by jimmy chipwood »

Ironman92 wrote:How did Green fare against Ironton?

Green does not play Ironton this year. The best team they have played this year might be Wheelersburg. WBurg beat Green 68-49 early this year. Ironton just beat WBurg by 18 a few nights back.

rockyraccoon
All Conference

Post by rockyraccoon »

BlindWhiteHat wrote:If you go to the OHSAA website you can pick up a link to the Southeast District website. There you can see the district tourney layout.

The sectional seeding process goes like this. For the Valley sectional as an example, you have a representative from all 10 teams. The #1 seed is voted on first. The team with the most votes becomes the first seed. If the team you vote for does not become the first seed, a coach must continue to vote for that team until they are seeded. That way you can manipulate the process less. This goes all the way down until all 10 teams are seeded.
I found the list of the teams in each sectional, but not the actual brackets. Can you post a link to the actual bracket.

rockyraccoon
All Conference

Post by rockyraccoon »

http://brackets.ohsaa.org/bracket.aspx? ... 4&dv=4&g=b

I think I found the bracket to the Valley Sectionals.

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

rocky: try seodab.org, and they have the brackets for Districts for D2, D3 and D4 with dates/times as well. I would link it but I not much for knowledge of the internets.*

Return to “Boys Basketball”