All-District Teams?

rogue47
Waterboy

All-District Teams?

Post by rogue47 »

When are the all-district teams being released for district 13 this year? Also, who is on your first team?

Charge
Varsity

Re: All-District Teams?

Post by Charge »

rogue47 wrote:When are the all-district teams being released for district 13 this year? Also, who is on your first team?

I think they released coaches district 13 around the 5th or 6th of March last year.

sportsfan_1959
JV Team

Post by sportsfan_1959 »

Div III

Justice (Peebles)
Legg (Piketon)
Copley (Chesapeake)
Evans (Portsmouth)
Stegman (Wheelersburg)

Add to the list.

peake71
All Conference

Post by peake71 »

Div. III

McMaster (Chesapeake)

newlex/sheridan
Varsity

Post by newlex/sheridan »

District teams are selected by the coaches through a nominating process. Basically, you can nominate two first teamers, two second teamers, and two honorable mention picks. They pretty much give you anything you nominate but expect you to nominate with a little integrity. I can tell you that within district 12 we had a 1-19 team which won its last game of the season in ot and then lost by over thirty in the sectional opener have two first teamers, a second teamer and two honorable mention picks. If those kids deserved that honor then that coach should be canned haha. We also had a kid off a team that won 8 ball games who avg 13pts and 10 boards not get selected to play in the all-star game despite having better numbers then several kids who were picked, some off of teams with worse records. It is more about who you know then what you know so don't put to much weight in to all district teams.

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

TigerByChoice wrote:D-III
Zach Carter - Ironton ...Will be the greatest player in Southern Ohio next year.
Justice - Peebles....
McMaster - Peake ... The man that make the Peake roll...
Kennedy - Peake ...
Bendolph - Portsmouth ...Like him or hate him, he can flat play ball

2ed team
Copley - 2ed team.... He's been solid for 4 years and been willing to take the back seat this year for greater success.
Fletcher - Ironton... If we had a better record we'd get two 1st teamers...
Stegman - Burg.... great combo threat
Whitley - Portsmouth.... shoots lights out
Legg - Piketon...
Dion McKinley/Wayne Evans would make the second team long before Zaide Whitley.

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

Anyone have thoughts on district player of the year for D3? IMO Blake Justice is the clear favorite followed by Austin McMaster and Evan Legg. Blake has averaged over 27pts, 6reb, 4stls, and 4assist a game so far this season and has led Peebles to a 19-1 record, a #1 seed, a league championship, a sectional championship, and a top 10 state ranking. I think this is definately his year for a district POY award considering his career achievements and the fact that he has not won it up to this point. For his high school career he has amassed an SHL record 2150+pts, 310+ three pointers(second highest tally of any ohio high schooler), numerous other school scoring records, 3 league titles, 3 sectional titles, 2 team state rankings, been all-SHL all four years, all district all three years, all-state all three years, and has became only the second player in our school's history to go D1 for basketball. I think this is a pretty compelling arguement....anyone have any other nominations?

bengalfan76
SE

Post by bengalfan76 »

TigerByChoice wrote:D-III
Zach Carter - Ironton ...Will be the greatest player in Southern Ohio next year.
Justice - Peebles....
McMaster - Peake ... The man that make the Peake roll...
Kennedy - Peake ...
Bendolph - Portsmouth ...Like him or hate him, he can flat play ball

2ed team
Copley - 2ed team.... He's been solid for 4 years and been willing to take the back seat this year for greater success.
Fletcher - Ironton... If we had a better record we'd get two 1st teamers...
Stegman - Burg.... great combo threat
Whitley - Portsmouth.... shoots lights out
Legg - Piketon...

You need to put down the pipe if you think Evan Legg is the 10th best player in the District. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

bengalfan76
SE

Post by bengalfan76 »

TribeManiac10 wrote:Anyone have thoughts on district player of the year for D3? IMO Blake Justice is the clear favorite followed by Austin McMaster and Evan Legg. Blake has averaged over 27pts, 6reb, 4stls, and 4assist a game so far this season and has led Peebles to a 19-1 record, a #1 seed, a league championship, a sectional championship, and a top 10 state ranking. I think this is definately his year for a district POY award considering his career achievements and the fact that he has not won it up to this point. For his high school career he has amassed an SHL record 2150+pts, 310+ three pointers(second highest tally of any ohio high schooler), numerous other school scoring records, 3 league titles, 3 sectional titles, 2 team state rankings, been all-SHL all four years, all district all three years, all-state all three years, and has became only the second player in our school's history to go D1 for basketball. I think this is a pretty compelling arguement....anyone have any other nominations?

Blake not winning the award last year may have had to do with coach not joining the association.
I feel he has earned the Award this season.

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

bengalfan76 wrote:Blake not winning the award last year may have had to do with coach not joining the association.
Thats possible.

Peake
SEOP

Post by Peake »

Tigerbychoice,

McMaster is just a junior, and though he is not the scorer that Carter is, he is a better overall player with far greater upside.

I don't think you can put Bendolph on the first team and Dion and Wayne on the second.

I would say Dion and or Wayne first team and Dion and or Wayne on second team along with Bendolph.

Justice for POY without question. Not even close.

I think I would put Copley first team along with Austin and Kennedy on the 2nd imo.

ticklethetwine
Waterboy

Post by ticklethetwine »

TribeManiac10 wrote:and has became only the second player in our school's history to go D1 for basketball. I think this is a pretty compelling arguement....anyone have any

Who was the other player from Peebles to play D1?

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

ticklethetwine wrote:
TribeManiac10 wrote:and has became only the second player in our school's history to go D1 for basketball. I think this is a pretty compelling arguement....anyone have any

Who was the other player from Peebles to play D1?
He is the only guy. I believe Jamey Brown played for Army.

hangman
Riding the Bench

Post by hangman »

I thought jamey just went to school there but i may be wrong, were did David Smalley play ball at just curious.

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

hangman wrote:I thought jamey just went to school there but i may be wrong, were did David Smalley play ball at just curious.
Rio Grande I think. All of the military academies require a sport to be played and I think she was on the basketball team....I could be wrong though.

hangman
Riding the Bench

Post by hangman »

you might be wright

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

Ohiohshoops.com just released the AP's all-central district teams so I would assume the southeast's to be out in the next couple days.

Eaglepapaw
S

Post by Eaglepapaw »

TribeManiac10 wrote:Ohiohshoops.com just released the AP's all-central district teams so I would assume the southeast's to be out in the next couple days.

Southeast release date is March 8th.

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

Return to “Boys Basketball”