Zane Trace @ Piketon

mikepike
All State

Zane Trace @ Piketon

Post by mikepike »

Piketon goes for its first ever SVC Gold Ball in boys basketball. The last home game for the seniors: Evan Legg (4-year starter); Keenan Brush (3-year starter); Jamie Helton and Jared Vulgamore (2-year starters); Jacob Braniff; and Matt Lewis. While it should be an exciting game as the Streaks shoot for 14-0 in the league, watching these men play in The Oven for the last time will be bittersweet. One last game manning the clock before switching over to the microphone next year. No more sitting next to Rosie! Thanks for the memories, gentlemen! GO STREAKS!!!

LIGHTSOUT
Riding the Bench

Re: Zane Trace @ Piketon

Post by LIGHTSOUT »

I hope Piketon wins by 50 and Lisath has his boys pressing the whole time.

chef_piketon
JV Team

Post by chef_piketon »

Go Streaks! Way to get back on track against the very game Bearcats. Should be a good game in front of a packed house at The Oven. The Chef will have everything prepared!

red and gray
Waterboy

Post by red and gray »

Looks like the streaks will get the gold ball. Very talented team.
I personally do not like the running up of the score, like LIGHTSOUT. I think that it is a good opportunity to allow the end of the bench to get some time in front of the crowd. I understand they are trying to move Evan up the scoring chart in the 1000 point club.
Zane Trace should be over matched. The streaks take this one.

tap in bogey
Freshman Team

Post by tap in bogey »

It's great to have a shot at the Gold Ball. Coach Lisath becoming the winningest boys coach in Piketon hoops history, Evan climbing way up the scoring list in the SVC, The Chef on top of his game in the concession stand. These are indeed the good ole days.

ndc soccer
Freshman Team

Post by ndc soccer »

gahs4ever, Heard a player say at school this was the case for the "league teams" they might see in tornements because they didnt vote Piketon the 1 seed.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

NDC- Zane Trace isn't in their sectional, thus wouldn't have been able to not vote them #1.

ZT gave them fits at ZT a couple of weeks ago, but it won't happen again, Piketon by 28.

ndc soccer
Freshman Team

Post by ndc soccer »

I know this. I ment Adena/Westfall, and Possibly SE.

ndc soccer
Freshman Team

Post by ndc soccer »

gahs4ever said it was poor sportsmanship to run the score up, and I just ment thats what was said to be the case vs the league teams they see in the postseason. Sorry I said it wrong. My mind hasn't started yet today lol

LIGHTSOUT
Riding the Bench

Post by LIGHTSOUT »

I am a very good fan. I do not yell at the officials, kids, coaches or anyone else at the games I just sit and watch and cheer for the positives. Just because I "hope" something doesn't mean it will happen, I wish I did have that power though.

footballfanatic1
All Conference

Post by footballfanatic1 »

WELL SAID GAHS4EVER....

mikepike
All State

Post by mikepike »

Does the freshman game start at 4:45pm?

Also, there is going to be a bake sale at the game tonight, with the proceeds going to support the musical program. This years performance is Disney's "Camp Rock." Tickets are $6, with showtimes March 4 @ 7pm, March 5 @ 2 and 7pm, and March 6 @ 2pm. Please help support the musical program and by some baked goodies tonight.

Flashing Cursor
Freshman Team

Post by Flashing Cursor »

GO FOR THE GOLD STREAKS!!!

chef_piketon
JV Team

Post by chef_piketon »

Should be an overflow crowd expected for tonight's game. Senior night, great weather outside, last home game, last game before tournaments, heard there's a pep rally at school, Rockin' Redstreaks band performs their finale, quest for the treasured SVC Gold Ball, don't forget The Chef's special preparations, Pioneers coming to the Village - all the trimmings for an exciting game. The Chef was up early this morning beginning the preparations here at the SVC's Big House...the OVen.

Here Comes the Streaks!

eagles73Taylor
SE

Post by eagles73Taylor »

Lets Go Streaks, cursor that would look good in the case! 32 minutes of basketball left to prove it however!

Main Man
Freshman Team

Post by Main Man »

I wouldn't rub it in too much on ZT for the fact that Piketon will be in a situation next year with big losses to graduation.

chef_piketon
JV Team

Post by chef_piketon »

The Chef looks for it to be a good game. Geez just a couple weeks ago Piketon barely beat the Pioneers at Kinnikinnick and they were without couple key players. A few short years ago The Chef remembers the Pioneers unmercifully defeated The Chef's beloved Redstreaks 89-17. That's wear the animosity probably stems from. But you know what the Streaks grew from it and nobody was damaged for life. Life can be tough sometimes and you know what, Piketon won the league title 3 years later and have won 2 more since then. Go Streaks!

bengalfan76
SE

Post by bengalfan76 »

Main Man wrote:I wouldn't rub it in too much on ZT for the fact that Piketon will be in a situation next year with big losses to graduation.

Main Man While your watching this game realize that Piketon has been starting two Sophs. This season in the top 9 has had 3 sophs and one Frosh. I dont think the cupboards will be bare. Everything in the OVEN is GOLDEN Tonight. :lol:

QBear
JV Team

Post by QBear »

Piketon wins 46-37.

Piketon 18-2
Zane Trace 4-16

Return to “Boys Basketball”