who has the best chance to reach the state around the area??

bigcline81
Riding the Bench

who has the best chance to reach the state around the area??

Post by bigcline81 »

???

expert witness
Freshman Team

Re: who has the best chance to reach the state around the ar

Post by expert witness »

(1) chesapeake
(2) Chillicothe
(3) Piketon

bengalfan76
SE

Post by bengalfan76 »

Chillicothe is going to run into a buzz saw in the regionals. Bloom Carroll and Zanesville will be there. Also you can not count out Portsmouth as a possible player in dIII

What Time Is It?
Waterboy

Post by What Time Is It? »

I think Portsmouth has a really good chance. They beat Chilli and Warren the second half of the year when Bendolph came back. He has the Trojans rolling right now and they are a very good ball club. I believe they can beat Peebles in the districts and if they play the way they can, win state.

followthru
Waterboy

Post by followthru »

I would give the nod to Portsmouth.They have a pretty easy road to the regionals.Chesapeake has all the talent but will eventually have to deal with the winner out of the New Philadelphia bracket.Peebles has a chance but they will have to play better team ball and establish more of a inside game (they showed signs of it against N.A.).Piketon is a very solid ballclub.They have a chance but it would be a long tough road.In my opinion Portsmouth and Chesapeake have the best chances..

followthru
Waterboy

Post by followthru »

What Time Is It?,
Portsmouth and Peebles would be a great regional matchup.I know they scrimmaged each other over the summer and had some pretty good battles.Portsmouth has better Bigs but Peebles has better guards.I think personally it would be a Barn Burner!

datchillicav
JV Team

Post by datchillicav »

Portsmouth v. Peake v. Peebles winner has a great shot.

Chilli is more than capable but will face some stiff competition. Warren most likely in the district Championship, then Zanesville possibly and a columbus district champion in the regionals. IF(big if) they make it out of regionals, they will be prepared for anything they face at state.

Don't know of any D4 schools with a shot.

bigcline81
Riding the Bench

Post by bigcline81 »

1. portsmouth
2. peake
3. chilly

jgordon0315
JV Team

Post by jgordon0315 »

ok, let's clear up one thing that What time is it? said......Portsmouth hasn't beaten Warren yet this year! We haven't played them with Bendolph yet. We play the makeup game with them Saturday. I am fully confident Portsmouth can, but we'll see. With that being said, I'll take Portsmouth's guards over Peebles guards, sorry followthru.

followthru
Waterboy

Post by followthru »

jgordon0315,
I would have to strongly take the Peebles guards on this one.Way too much scoring and either one of them can drop 30-50 points on any giving night.Just my opinion!

bigcline81
Riding the Bench

Post by bigcline81 »

i got to agree with jgordon on this one bendoph can score alot points wayne evens well wayne has already had about 2 or 3 games with 30 points so ill take ptown guards over peebles ..... just my opinion lol

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Chesapeake/Portsmouth

JIMMY THE GREEK
All Conference

Post by JIMMY THE GREEK »

Anything can happen in the tournament.....the "Hottest Team" will make it to the Final 4. The so-called easy route doesnt always end up easy...looking at the brackets...D2...It looks favorable for Chilli or Warren, but very tough challenges await in the Regionals. D3...It looks like a cake-walk for Portsmouth to the Regionals...then they won't be able to cruise...Chesapeake will only have one tough challenge prior to the Regionals...if they over-come that obstacle...Sugarcreek Garaway and possibly Portsmouth will be waiting. Peebles in my opinion will have the toughest route after the Sectional; they will see the Burg and Ironton who are tournament battle tested, then possibly Portsmouth in the Regionals. Then my own personal favorite team... Piketon...Nobody will pick them to get past Chesapeake...when they shoot well they can be scary for anyone. I would never doubt a Coach Lisath team making it to the big dance...I mean this guy has been there four times with two State Championship Rings.

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

guards in my opinion, does not have to score 20 or 30 points a nite,I am not arguing over who is better,there are a lot of good ones in our area right now, but right now,I would not take anyone over Andrew Bendolph, he does so many more things for his team then just score points.

as far as who has a better chance to go to state?...for me,,,ONE GAME AT A TIME...we have Logan friday,and thats the game we need to be focused on.

newlex/sheridan
Varsity

Post by newlex/sheridan »

I wouldn't pit Chilli against Warren in the district finals to fast. I have watched them, warren, and Sheridan. Chilli and Sheridan will be a war in the district semi, IMO both are a little better then Warren but all three are capable of a run. Zanesville will be a tough out for anyone of them in a regional matchup.

Bloom Carroll is D3 and has a shot. Portsmouth and Chesapeake do as well.

Rosecrans and Hiland in D4 are legit threats to win the whole thing.

Rebels on 3
All State

Post by Rebels on 3 »

Chilly/Portsmouth/Peake

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

I should adjust my 1st post, but I'll just make a new one here.

Chesapeake, IMO, has the best core of a team, but has an extremely tough road. It's an easy walk to the District Finals, where they would meet up with a very good and very well coached Piketon team. If they can win that, they would face a quality team out of the East(Garaway, St. Clairsville, etc.) whom will never be a pushover. If they can win there, then they would face a possible Portsmouth/Peebles ball club. That, my friends, is going to be very tough to accomplish.

Portsmouth has a nice road to the regionals. They won't have any walks to get there, but facing at least decent teams all the way should keep them on their toes until a possible Regional Semi against Peebles/Ironton. I think their depth will give them a great shot at getting their, where anything can happen.

Of course, all of this relies on everyone staying healthy. Every year it seems like a top contender has a star or #2 option go down right around tournament time. Let's all hope that all teams stay healthy throughout.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

newlex/sheridan wrote:I wouldn't pit Chilli against Warren in the district finals to fast. I have watched them, warren, and Sheridan. Chilli and Sheridan will be a war in the district semi, IMO both are a little better then Warren but all three are capable of a run. Zanesville will be a tough out for anyone of them in a regional matchup.

Bloom Carroll is D3 and has a shot. Portsmouth and Chesapeake do as well.

Rosecrans and Hiland in D4 are legit threats to win the whole thing.
Bloom's Regional is pretty difficult. #1 Archbold and last year's State Champions, Lima Central Catholic, are both in their Regional. As well as Africentric.

footballfanatic1
All Conference

Post by footballfanatic1 »

let the games begin...

Philos_Finest
All Conference

Post by Philos_Finest »

Don't count out John Glenn. They'll be a very tough out for anyone with 1 of the top 3 players in the region.

Return to “Boys Basketball”