Convo?

Raiderball
SEOPS H

Re: Convo?

Post by Raiderball »

Ironman92 wrote:I did my student teaching there.....and in 8th grade basketball, while playing for Jackson we got homered there. But I promise Raiderball stayed calm.

Absolutely!!! :lol:

oldtrojan
All State
Location: Misplaced in Northeastern,Pa rooting for the Reds, Buckeyes, Bengals, and Trojans.

Post by oldtrojan »

Has anyone but me noticed that the 3rd round of DIII Athens 3 on this sight has The Portsmouth/ SP winner playing on Saturday 3/5 at 9:15pm? However on the main ohsaa site they have the game for Monday 3/7 at 8pm? Could someone please inform me as to the correct date and time!
I was gonna travel to Portsmouth on the 5th which is a 600 mile treck. attend the games on the 6th at the Convo with biggdowgg and ozzie(if they are attending), and then go back to the Convo on the 7th to watch Portsmouth(providing they win)!
However if it is on the 5th, I would travel to Portsmouth on the 4th. Someone with the exact information please let me know far enough in advance insothat I may make definite plans!

Thanks in advance.... oldtrojan

conehead
Freshman Team

Post by conehead »

The only thing that would be nice about pulling the bleacher out down low would be to have the students there. From experience, being stuck in the corner seats of the convo makes it extremely difficult to cheer and even watch the game. Those seats are so far away from the court. It was always so strange to be so far away from the game after being right on the floor near halfcourt for the rest of the season. Even being stuck on the endline at the Schott was better.

But allowing adults down low would be chaos and would cause too many problems for the staff at the Convo.

I'm so ready to see some ball there, though! I just hope we eat somewhere else other than that darn Pizza Hut! :lol:

Jughe@d
Riding the Bench

Post by Jughe@d »

pfloyd wrote:... LOL 93dog!!! whatever it takes to make it down to the scorers table on the Convo floor - LOL ... someday I'll have some credentials of some kind that gets me to the floor - HEY! maybe the "purple hippo t-shirt" will do the trick !!! LOL

I've also had the privilege of having my nickname called out during the introduction to a few of the district games. It is truly an honor. :)

As for the floor credentials, I've also had that experience of being a number spotter for Lou during the Piketon/Grandview Regional Final and held the table down when one of the Piketon players (Legg?) jumped onto the table in celbration. All I had to do was talk to Lou after the earlier game which had Logan Elm vs Cambridge. He asked me to come down and after talking a while, he asked me if I cared to help spot for him. However, it doesn't hurt that I was a current OU student at the time and went to the majority of the basketball/volleyball games so I knew him already anyway ;-)

By the way, it appears that the only time that they will clear the building is after the D2 and D3 Regional Finals. :mrgreen:

Pol pot
SE

Post by Pol pot »

conehead wrote:The only thing that would be nice about pulling the bleacher out down low would be to have the students there. From experience, being stuck in the corner seats of the convo makes it extremely difficult to cheer and even watch the game. Those seats are so far away from the court. It was always so strange to be so far away from the game after being right on the floor near halfcourt for the rest of the season. Even being stuck on the endline at the Schott was better.

But allowing adults down low would be chaos and would cause too many problems for the staff at the Convo.

I'm so ready to see some ball there, though! I just hope we eat somewhere else other than that darn Pizza Hut! :lol:
I bet the old blue hairs would love the student section on the floor in the bleachers, especially with the students standing the entire game.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... the students have their own cheering sections separate from the adults ... let 'em stand , support their classmates ...it's all part of high school hoops ...

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

pfloyd wrote:... the students have their own cheering sections separate from the adults ... let 'em stand , support their classmates ...it's all part of high school hoops ...

Agreed. The student sections are always clearly marked at the Convo with caution tape around the whole section if you get there before the students. If you don't want to hear the kids cheering for their classmates, you can easily avoid these sections.

Pol pot
SE

Post by Pol pot »

pfloyd wrote:... the students have their own cheering sections separate from the adults ... let 'em stand , support their classmates ...it's all part of high school hoops ...

My comment was geared to those who said let the students have the bleacher seats. My comment is that will work well with all the blue hairs sitting on the sides behind the students.

32, 16, 6
JV Team

Post by 32, 16, 6 »

pfloyd, take that Blue and White shirt with basketball thirty on the back, and your black sharpie. Go down and ask Lou for his auto graph... Then hang out and have the Warriors Pen their names. Hope you can write Sectional Champs, District Champs, Regional Champs, ect. on it. Might get you your table time?! If you need to, you can carry a uniform with you, and give it to one of the players :aaaaa46

32, 16, 6
JV Team

Post by 32, 16, 6 »

My Mom is a Blue Hair. She likes basketball, or they (MOM & Dad) wouldn't be there. She can't always understand the chants, but she will ask for a translation. She knows its all in fun.

Return to “Boys Basketball”