Division IV District Player of the Year, Blevins or Cox?

sinjinian
Freshman Team

Division IV District Player of the Year, Blevins or Cox?

Post by sinjinian »

Any thought on who should win the District POY award in Division IV this season? I know Manchester's Blake Blevins received the award last year so he is probably the front runner. I believe Chris Cox from Fairfield should have won last year as he outplayed Blevins in both head to head meetings last year, won both head to head games and put up better overall numbers for the season (according to stats I have seen for these games and season). Manchester going to the Sweet 16 last year probably put Blevins over the top and I heard Fairfield didn't have much representation in the voting process (I could be wrong). This season I know the two teams split their games and I heard their individual performances were pretty equal. Thoughts?

theuglytruth
Varsity

Re: Division IV District Player of the Year, Blevins or Cox?

Post by theuglytruth »

I think you have to put Travis Combs and Joe Michael in the mix. Both are putting up impressive numbers.

jimmy chipwood
All Conference

Post by jimmy chipwood »

Does South Webster have a dominating player who has good stats? I think you would have to at least consider a player from SW and Reedsville Eastern.

svbt1112
Varsity

Post by svbt1112 »

The District 14 Coaches have already voted for player of the year and such. These results won't be released yet though. If Cox or Blevins were voted player of the year they would probably already know it. The AP all-district team and Player of the year have not been picked yet and are probably released the day after being picked.

svbt1112
Varsity

Post by svbt1112 »

And by the way----Thank you Jimmy Chipwood-----the title of this thread is almost funny as if no one else exists!

Someone slipped up and congratulated the 2 coaches who were voted coaches of the year on a thread a few days ago. They would probably also know who the player of the year was. (District 14 coaches)

The coaches voted on this last Sunday I believe---by the way----District 14 and District 13 both vote on players of the year and coaches of the year and such and they determine who plays in the North-South game and District All-Star games. The AP votes on the entire Southeast District and it is comprised of 13 and 14. The AP District Player of the year is usually automatically 1st team all-ohio. And since it is the sports writers who vote for this, there is usually more publicity gained from it.

Eastern Reedsville is in 13 and Manchester, Fairfield, South Webster are in 14.

Grinder
Freshman Team

Post by Grinder »

I agree with you svbt1112, the title of this thread is funny. I think District 13 and 14 have way more than two players, so to act as only two players have a chance is humorous.

svbt1112
Varsity

Post by svbt1112 »

I want to be careful because in no way do I want to trash Blevins or Cox. They are very good players and do not deserve to be spoken about in a poor fashion! However, they do not have a lock on player of the year award in the Southeast District.

Grinder
Freshman Team

Post by Grinder »

I too think they are both good players but think there are way more than just two good players.

KingJames
JV Team

Post by KingJames »

Reedsville Eastern wouldnt have anyone in the mix

crazymidgets
All Conference

Post by crazymidgets »

Loop and Scott from south webster are both tough

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Joe Michael had a heckuva year.

Blevins was 1st team all-state last year and I know that has nothing to do with this year....but I bet it does.

Several players had very good seasons.

NormanDale
Freshman Team

Post by NormanDale »

How about Travis Combs from Manchester? 20ppg over 40% 3pt%

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

^^^that could very well hurt Blevins' chances.....and Combs' as well

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

Connor Scott has had a great season for Webster. Cox was out a lot of the season anyway.

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

I would say Blevins will win it again.

NormanDale
Freshman Team

Post by NormanDale »

Ironman92 wrote:^^^that could very well hurt Blevins' chances.....and Combs' as well
They do take votes from each other...I think a lot of Manchester fans will tell you that Combs has been more consistent this year...with 2 players this good,Manchester could make a great run this year

streetballer
Varsity

Post by streetballer »

blevins will more than likely get it but in all honesty combs deserves it more and should win it...but both of them being in consideration will take votes away from each other

coachcook
Riding the Bench

Post by coachcook »

Where are Cox and Blevins going to college?

sinjinian
Freshman Team

Post by sinjinian »

The title of the post wasn't meant to snub any other candidates, these two are simply the frontrunners in my opinion. The Combs kid from Manchester is having a good year and may take some votes away from Blevins. You'd think the district POY would have to be one of the district 13 or 14 poy, but wasn't Wes Loop the D14 POY last year? I haven't heard where Cox or Blevins will attend school.

NormanDale
Freshman Team

Post by NormanDale »

Hate to repeat a rumor and this could be far from the truth but I heard Blevins wasn't interested in playing at the next level

Return to “Boys Basketball”