D2 District Semifinal: Logan Elm 16-6 vs. Chillicothe 19-3

bman
SEO

D2 District Semifinal: Logan Elm 16-6 vs. Chillicothe 19-3

Post by bman »

The rivalry continues between two of the best programs in recent years in the district. This is the fourth straight year the two schools play - this will be the third tournament game. The two programs have also played two regular season games.

2007-08 Chillicothe 49, Logan Elm 48 in district final
Cavaliers win state championship
2008-09 Logan Elm 50, Chillicothe 42 in regional semifinal
Braves play in state tournament
Braves also beat the Cavaliers in a regular season game
2009-10 Logan Elm 49, Chillicothe 34 in regular season game
2010-11 District semifinal game, Friday at 6:15 p.m. inside the Convo

LoganElm_grad09
Varsity

Re: D2 District Semifinal: Logan Elm 16-6 vs. Chillicothe 19

Post by LoganElm_grad09 »

Oh man I have been looking forward to this! The key to Logan Elm will be to get a lead and keep the lead; no letting Chillicothe back in the second half! We have good athleticism and length, but the key will be to keep CHS off the boards and keep bad passes to a minimum. Chillicothe should be favored to win, but if LE can bring the intensity for four quarters that they are capable of, it could be a great night for the red and white.

The two most successful programs in the District in the past few years at the Convo. It doesn't get any better than this!

LET'S GO BRAVES!

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

I'm looking forward to this one, too. It's always great to watch basketball in the Convo, especially when you have two quality programs like these going at it. Chillicothe is very athletic, with inside-outside threats on offense, they can rebound and they can also bring it with pressure. This is a tough matchup for Logan Elm, but when the Braves have played their best, high intensity defense leading to good offensive output, they've proven they can beat a lot of good teams. Ultimately, it's going to come down to who is executing the best. No surprise.

The Cavaliers had a lot of expectations coming into the season and they should with the team they have. There were some questions about the Braves with one starter back. They've had some rough bumps but to be back at the Convo and to be 16-6 playing in a good league says a lot about the kids and the coaching staff.

southernohio13
Freshman Team

Post by southernohio13 »

bman wrote:I'm looking forward to this one, too. It's always great to watch basketball in the Convo, especially when you have two quality programs like these going at it. Chillicothe is very athletic, with inside-outside threats on offense, they can rebound and they can also bring it with pressure. This is a tough matchup for Logan Elm, but when the Braves have played their best, high intensity defense leading to good offensive output, they've proven they can beat a lot of good teams. Ultimately, it's going to come down to who is executing the best. No surprise.

The Cavaliers had a lot of expectations coming into the season and they should with the team they have. There were some questions about the Braves with one starter back. They've had some rough bumps but to be back at the Convo and to be 16-6 playing in a good league says a lot about the kids and the coaching staff.
Congrats to both teams as they battle for a chance to play in the district final. I would like to quote the sentence above, " Cavaliers had a lot of expectations coming into the season and they should with the team they have". Sometimes it is very difficult to meet the expectations set on a team that SHOULD win.. The Cavs are 19-3 this season and I think that says a lot about the kids and coaching staff from Chillicothe. This should be a great game.

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

^ I don't see how you can take a lot of praise for Chillicothe as a slide on them. Its evident by their record, ranking and top seed that their kids have met what a lot of folks thought they could do. The Cavaliers are the favorite to win the district until someone beats them. Looked at it that way going into the tournament and still do, even though some wrote them off a bit after the close call against Circleville.

3morethan2
Varsity

Post by 3morethan2 »

how much are tickets ???

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

Athleticism to Chilly, Coaching advantage to Logan Elm (IMO only). Chilly just too much this year and will win by 6.

Dshanton3
JV Team

Post by Dshanton3 »

This is a very dangerous matchup for Chillicothe and a game that i feel could really go either way. The reason being that Chilli's weakness is taking care of the basketball and scoring in the halfcourt.

Logan Elm values each possession and gets the most out of their sets. If you hand them free possessions all night they will pick you apart.

Manion cannot have 14 turnovers (the # i heard he had against Unioto) and Chillicothe win this game. He will be the key.

datchillicav
JV Team

Post by datchillicav »

It's those freakin Braves again. I get nervous every time we play those guys. Actually, I hate playing them. They are the best coached team in SEO every year IMO. Remember the year Chilli won state, they were one of the best H.S. teams I have ever seen and talent wise L.E. shouldn't have even showed up but they nearly beat us. That is a testament to the coaching and the type of kids that play on Logan Elm teams. I guess though that it is appropriate that if we are to win a district title and more that we have to go through our tournament rivals.

Really looking forward to this game. IMO, the most talented team in SEO vs the best coached team in SEO. Go Cavs. Good luck to both well respected teams.

crazymidgets
All Conference

Post by crazymidgets »

LE to strong inside for Chilli.

bvmv4life
All Conference

Post by bvmv4life »

crazymidgets wrote:LE to strong inside for Chilli.
hmmm i dont know.....Malik isnt the same kid LE played last year and got dominated by your big man....Malik,imo,is the best defender in the SE....

crazymidgets
All Conference

Post by crazymidgets »

The stonerock kid is extremely strong for LE hes a load, he will be the strongest inside guy you have played against this yr. motor, strength, speed, hes all about power. heard malik has improved some hope he put on some weight finally cause hes gonna need it with this kid.

bvmv4life
All Conference

Post by bvmv4life »

crazymidgets wrote:The stonerock kid is extremely strong for LE hes a load, he will be the strongest inside guy you have played against this yr. motor, strength, speed, hes all about power. heard malik has improved some hope he put on some weight finally cause hes gonna need it with this kid.
naw he is still a little too skinny but he has improved alot...we will see on Friday...Go Cavs..!

Underhill
Waterboy

Post by Underhill »

This should be a great game Friday, I respect Chillicothe and they have a very good team this year, I hope the Braves can put all the pieces together again at the Convo. It's all about Defense and Handling the Pressure, Stiverson will have his team ready and well prepared as usual, We have good guards who can handle the ball, good shooters from the outside and two good big men who effect alot of shots, getting excited for Basketball 30! And BTW, Stonerock is our 6th man and He is an absolute BEAST on the boards! 4 more days left boys until we hear LOU get the crowd pumped!

LoganElm_grad09
Varsity

datchillicav wrote:It's those freakin Braves again. I get nervous every time we play those guys. Actually, I hate playing them. They are the best coached team in SEO every year IMO. Remember the year Chilli won state, they were one of the best H.S. teams I have ever seen and talent wise L.E. shouldn't have even showed up but they nearly beat us. That is a testament to the coaching and the type of kids that play on Logan Elm teams. I guess though that it is appropriate that if we are to win a district title and more that we have to go through our tournament rivals.

Really looking forward to this game. IMO, the most talented team in SEO vs the best coached team in SEO. Go Cavs. Good luck to both well respected teams.
I love to see words said like that; a great sign for our program when fans from a program like Chillicothe don't like playing us.

As for London- if LE can get him out of position to get boards, he will have a rougher night when going against Stonerock. I think I see Pritchard going against him a lot though because he has pretty much the same body type Malik has but is only 6'6".

Any of you CHS fans have a lineup? I don't have any programs and was wanting to see how the height battle would be.

LoganElm_grad09
Varsity

Underhill- Lou makes BASKETBALL:30 what it is. Can't agree with you more.

LoganElm_grad09
Varsity

One more thing and then it's from OU Chillicothe to Chipoltle lol...

I hope that the big schools make a mistake by passing on London. That could lead to (Ohio University) Coach Groce to look at him as a potential recruit. The Convo itself is a great selling point, not to mention the fact that a short trip down Route 50 and many of his family/friends from Chillicothe can see him play basketball.

College strength training programs could pack some muscle and if he gains some weight, he would be an animal.

bvmv4life
All Conference

Post by bvmv4life »

Man as dat would say, "those pesky Braves"....Logan Elm has been a thorn in the side of Chillicothe since 2008...You gotta respect that....i sure do...I dont know what Coach Stiverson does to get his team ready for Chillicothe? Lol....Logan Elm this time without a doubt will be ready for the Cavs(like they always are)...The Cavaliers will have to take care of the ball and be on all cylinders like the other night. Does LE have an answer for the big 3 of Chillicothe(jalen,malik,zach)? Cant wait till Friday! Good Luck to Logan Elm,BUT,Go Cavs......!

datchillicav
JV Team

Post by datchillicav »

LoganElm_grad09 -
It's not that I don't like playing you guys. Actually it's quite the opposite because I know it will be a great game. I just hate this nervous anticipation I get leading up to it. I just want to get it goin now. lol.

No prediction as I haven't seen L.E. play this year but I look forward to a well played game on Friday.

Tim Hardaway Jr.
JV Team

Post by Tim Hardaway Jr. »

Gimme Chilli. This is Jalen's last run and I think he's gonna make it a great one. Hope to see them and Warren play.

Return to “Boys Basketball”