Crowds at the games

LoganElm_grad09
Varsity

Crowds at the games

Post by LoganElm_grad09 »

Which school will bring the largest following to the Convo?

DII-?

DIII-?

DIV-?

rockyraccoon
All Conference

Re: Crowds at the games

Post by rockyraccoon »

Burg always packs the place.
Last edited by rockyraccoon on Mon Feb 28, 2011 4:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

It is always amazing that some of the DIII and DIV schools seem to bring more fans than the population of their town. There is nothing better for sports fans than "Basketball 30" at the convo!! It is really great the community support that all of southern Ohio gives to the kids!!

Historically, these schools always seem to have a great following...
DIII - Ironton, Peebles, Chesapeake, Burg
DIV - South Webster, Manchester

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

Peebles will probably have the largest following. Ironton usually brings a lot but I think the Peebles faithful had them outnumbered 3 to 1 last season in the district final.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

I'm glad this topic was brought up ... I have a sollution ... Since I will be at most of the games with a camera, I might snap a picture of each teams' crowd and post them on trivalleyconference.com ... Perhaps then we can vote here on SEOPS and claim a 'CROWD CHAMPION' for 2011 ...

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

93Bulldog wrote:I'm glad this topic was brought up ... I have a sollution ... Since I will be at most of the games with a camera, I might snap a picture of each teams' crowd and post them on trivalleyconference.com ... Perhaps then we can vote here on SEOPS and claim a 'CROWD CHAMPION' for 2011 ...
Sounds like a good idea.

Wffan
JV Team

Post by Wffan »

Northwest brought a huge, loud crowd to Waverly against Paint Valley. Couldn't stop watching them. Very impressive!

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

Portsmouth won't have the biggest crowd there, but I look for a very good turnout of Trojan fans because of the 9:15 PM Saturday start........we haven't been to the Convo in 7 years, so that should bring even more fans to the game.

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

9 15 is a crappy time to START a high school baskeball game,not to mention any delays throughout the day with all the other games,it could be even later...but ,I am glad we are playing

jottings
SEOPS H

Post by jottings »

Although Greenfield is not in the district tourney this winter, the Tigers drew the largest crowds during Rick Van Meter's tenure as head coach.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

I'm gonna throw out the proposition that Chesapeake brings the biggest crowd ... Since I can remember, the Panthers seem to always pack the Convo with their ugly purple! lol

I wouldn't be surprised of Warren gives them a run for their money - especially if comes down to Warren vs Chillicothe in the finals ... that place wil be packed for that game.

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

Jottings wrote:Although Greenfield is not in the district tourney this winter, the Tigers drew the largest crowds during Rick Van Meter's tenure as head coach.
Yep, Rick's teams crowded the place everywhere they went. Not a bad career for a Middleport boy.

P.S. - When Rick played ball in high school I thought he was a better baseball player than a basketball player but if he'd went on to coach baseball he wouldn't have been as loud in the dirt stomping his feet as he was stomping on the hardwood over the years. :lol: :lol: :lol:

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

The LE-Chillicothe game should have a nice crowd.

crazymidgets
All Conference

Post by crazymidgets »

Waverly travels as well as any school around better than most and we will be there Friday night cheering on our Tigers.

BleedGreen
Freshman Team

Post by BleedGreen »

D-IV I would say South Webster, Green, SV, Clay

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Yea Greenfield fans would show up at Noon for a convo game that starts at 2.

jcbigblue
Freshman Team

Post by jcbigblue »

The Warren vs. Waverly game will probably bring one of the larger crowds as both teams have great followings.

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

I agree with Jottings........nobody will bring a bigger crowd to the games than what McClain did during the Van Matre days........maybe someday soon the Tigers can get back to the Convo and fill up almost 1 entire side with Purple and Gold.

all-time athlete
JV Team

Post by all-time athlete »

wffan wrote:Northwest brought a huge, loud crowd to Waverly against Paint Valley. Couldn't stop watching them. Very impressive!
I was part of that crowd, great great crowd. Never realized how crazy we all were until I saw the paint valley fans with the deer in the headlights look at all of us either in utter amazement or disbelief one haha. Im not saying we will take the biggest crowd to the Convo, but I guarantee we bring some of the loudest, craziest, and most passionate fans to the place.

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

Expect the crowd to be rocking for the Peebles/Wheelersburg game.

Return to “Boys Basketball”