Final: Portsmouth 45 Wheelersburg 39

TrojanPride
Waterboy

Re: Portsmouth vs. Wheelersburg, Regional Semi - 3/16 @ 8PM

Post by TrojanPride »

Portsmouth just too much for burg thru 4 quarters ikno they have been on a nice role but it ends Wed. night and they will run into the big red WALL aka The Trojans. good luk both teams but my Trojans are playin some sound D. and they are RED HOTT

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Burg will show up to play. Should be another classic matchup between the two. I can't remember all the years they have met in the tourney. I do remember

83-Ptown won in OT in the district semi-final
84-Burg won in the district final on there way to a state runner-up
88-Ptown won in the sectional on there way to the state chamiponship
06&07-I belive Burg beat them those two years in the sectional on there way to the final four. Can't remember any other years that they met.

Good luck Pirates

Chesapeake
JV Team

Post by Chesapeake »

Wheelersburg 67 Portsmouth 63 - Prediction

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

barrick's coaching job this year is one for the ages but you can't win the derby without the thouroughbreds . Trojans by double digits.

The D
JV Team

Post by The D »

ManitouDan wrote:barrick's coaching job this year is one for the ages but you can't win the derby without the thouroughbreds . Trojans by double digits.
thoroughbreds won't run if they aren't taught to.......

close whole game...

burggrad1986
Riding the Bench

Post by burggrad1986 »

I like you attitude Trojan Pride. seems as though Peebles and Ironton had the same attitude coming into the game. GO BURG! 1 and ADVANCE

TrojanPride
Waterboy

Post by TrojanPride »

i have no other reason to think any diff. if you was at the game last night it was portsmouth's best game by far and McKinley was a none factor with foul trouble all night Look Out BURG we are not peebles or ironton

WeAreOne!!!!!!!!!! Win&Advance

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

both these teams are playing great basketball at the right time, bot teams should be very proud to be where they are at,,THE SWEET 16.....both teams know each other very well,and most important, both teams respect each other and ,should not be a problem for either team to get pumped for this game ....2 "SCIOTO" county teams will do battle to move on to the elite 8.....safe travels to evetyone.

GO TROJANS!!!

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

TrojanPride wrote:Portsmouth just too much for burg thru 4 quarters ikno they have been on a nice role but it ends Wed. night and they will run into the big red WALL aka The Trojans. good luk both teams but my Trojans are playin some sound D. and they are RED HOTT
Portsmouth does play good D, but they do not play the high pressure D like the Burg has taken care of the past 2 games. Ironton and Peebles were extremely tough up and down the court and Burg handled that just fine. Burg will not give up 20+ turnovers like Fairland gave the Trojans last night. This should be another great game at the Convo!!

GO PIRATES!!

wipala
Varsity

Post by wipala »

Div 3,,,3 of 4 teams from the River!!!! Awesome.....Good luck to all the teams that earned the chance
to get to State....Now if PHS were in the SOC it would have 3 teams in the sweet 16,,just saying...
wipalawalt
btw,,,here in AZ we finished our high school almost two ago...for the Cincy Moller fans, the team they beat by one,,Mesa Mountain View by one, won the big school trophy rather easy....

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

Coach Collins made it clear in todays paper, we was lucky to get the win against burg in our first meeting, it was a very close game through out,,and if not for some big basketas by Wayne Evans late in the game, we would have lost,,,Coach was already thinking of that game as he was rideing home for the convo ,,so I am more then sure,,our kids will know what to expect on wed. wyh a very good burg team.......

GO TROJANS!

NewEra
All Conference
Location: Hickory, Indiana - I know everything there is to know about the greatest game ever invented.

Post by NewEra »

Burg wins. More discipline... I saw several missed box outs, and critical errors vs. fairland, that isn't going to bold well against a Tom Barrick coached team. Burg by 9

LetsGoPSU
SE

Post by LetsGoPSU »

Another great classic in the making, Two Scioto County teams that just love to beat on each other, no matter what the occasion. Hoping for a Trojan victory,still have memories of that Mike Lovenguth coached Pirate team breaking my heart in the 80,s.This game will come down to who gets the breaks in the end. My prediction, AB will have his best game as a Trojan. BIG KEY, Portsmouth must stay out of foul trouble. When Dion was in the game last evening Fairland had no answer, when he was off the floor the Salyers kid was dominate

TrojanPride
Waterboy

Post by TrojanPride »

Burg wins. More discipline... (NewEra) sry but the days of saying that about PHS are over!!!!

Big diff. in the first matchup Bendolph was on the bench now he is running the show. Nuff said Burg you already abot em.

Win&Advance WeAreOne

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

Burg by 3.

NewEra
All Conference
Location: Hickory, Indiana - I know everything there is to know about the greatest game ever invented.

Post by NewEra »

I do feel that Portsmouth could be a team of destiny.. although I pick burg, if Portsmouth wins, I believe they're a team of destiny, good luck to both teams.

bvmv4life
All Conference

Post by bvmv4life »

GOOD LUCK PORTSMOUTH FROM CHIILLICOTHE...!!!!

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

I gotta take Burg in this one. I think Ptown would go farther but Burg has been the upsetter so far.

Kalicat
Riding the Bench

Post by Kalicat »

Congratulations to both Portsmouth and Wheelersburg. This game should be an exciting one!!

BAZOOKAJOE
Waterboy

Post by BAZOOKAJOE »

I watched both teams last night and if burg can get help from the officials like fairland did, they will win this game.

Return to “Boys Basketball”