minford basketball future

asf
Waterboy

minford basketball future

Post by asf »

some of the freshman coming up for minford have a lot of potential to be great players.

NewEra
All Conference
Location: Hickory, Indiana - I know everything there is to know about the greatest game ever invented.

Re: minford basketball future

Post by NewEra »

If they bring a work ethic then yes there is some potential. Gullion is going to be a very nice player.

asf
Waterboy

Post by asf »

what scares me is he is weak inside..hes to big for an outside shooter. the sophmores like wiseman mccray and fultz are goin to be great players in my opinion.

NewEra
All Conference
Location: Hickory, Indiana - I know everything there is to know about the greatest game ever invented.

Post by NewEra »

He is a guard in high school which will fit his skill set very nicely. You are right about those upcoming sophomores you mentioned, minford has some nice looking young players to bring to the table for the future.

asf
Waterboy

Post by asf »

yea gullion is goin to be a nice player but im looking forward to watching wiseman and mccray this year!!

NewEra
All Conference

Post by NewEra »

I would say that you will being seeing several young players on the floor next year at Minford.

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

From the outside looking in, I have felt the Falcons have had some talented younger players on the bench the past couple of years that have not gotten the opportunity to play much and the seniors have gotten most of the playing time.

Spartan
All Conference

Post by Spartan »

So your saying that the coach would rather play seniors than win?

FarAwayFalcon
Varsity

Post by FarAwayFalcon »

4th n Goal wrote:From the outside looking in, I have felt the Falcons have had some talented younger players on the bench the past couple of years that have not gotten the opportunity to play much and the seniors have gotten most of the playing time.
I would agree with that. I don't have a problem if a senior puts the work in that he has a job until he loses it, but you have to take it away from them if they don't perform. If someone can't get the job done, they need to take a seat, and the coach needs to have the guts to do that.

asf
Waterboy

Post by asf »

i completly agree with u too...i hope he has the guts to play the younger guys.

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

Spartan wrote:So your saying that the coach would rather play seniors than win?
Yes.

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

When Josh Shoemaker was the coach at Portsmouth, he started Andrew Bendolph as a freshman, Forrest Johnson and Anthony Williams as sophomores........he will play the underclassmen if they prove they are worthy of starting or at least good enough to play significant varsity minutes. Josh wants to win, and will put his best players on the court to do so.

I am not close to the Minford situation, but I don't think Josh's mindset has changed since his days at PHS.

I have seen the Gullion kid play, and I would be surprised if he didn't see good varsity minutes next season with a reasonable chance to start........his fate next year may lie in how hard the kids ahead of him work.........but he has a good career ahead of him, and I have no doubt about that.

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

Maybe the (soon to be) junior transfer will start a trend away from only seniors starting....

allsportsfan1995
Waterboy

Post by allsportsfan1995 »

There is not a chance that he won't start.

NewEra
All Conference

Post by NewEra »

allsportsfan1995 wrote:There is not a chance that he won't start.
Jealousy? There is also not a chance that you will have any say in that.

NewEra
All Conference

Post by NewEra »

4th n Goal wrote:Maybe the (soon to be) junior transfer will start a trend away from only seniors starting....
Where would this transfer be from?

allsportsfan1995
Waterboy

Post by allsportsfan1995 »

You took my post completely wrong. Fact, the kid is a good player and Minford is in need of a point guard. But you are correct, and I wouldn't have a say in it but barring injury the kid will be an asset. If he doesn't start, it won't be because of his ability.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

He is from Burg.

marshallman
Varsity

Post by marshallman »

Austin McBee has transferred from the burg and already enrolled at Minford. WOW!

NewEra
All Conference

Post by NewEra »

marshallman wrote:Austin McBee has transferred from the burg and already enrolled at Minford. WOW!
He just came back home.

Return to “Boys Basketball”