Jackson @ Meigs 12/9

Post by tvc_fan »

Meigs 0-2 and Jackson 2-0

Thoughts??

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Re: Jackson @ Meigs 12/9

Post by pfloyd »

I haven't seen Jackson -YET - but I would say that the Ironmen of Coach Morrow are at least happy that they will be playing a team which is very similar size wise ... Meigs is a very quick, scrappy defensively, have good perimeter shooters in Musser (4 treys vs Warren) , Mattox (10 pts vs Warren) , Mahr (13 pts & 2 treys vs Warren) ... both teams being size challenged would tend to be perimeter oriented teams ... I look for a game that neither team will shoot many FTs ... both teams will put up 15-20 shots from behind the arc ... points in transition will determine the winner in this one - Meigs will need to do better than the 2 buckets in transition they picked up vs Warren in the loss on Tuesday ... the team who handles the ball the best, the fewest turnovers will get the "W" ...

... It will be a good game ! Meigs trying to get that first "W" ... Jackson wanting to keep the "W" train rolling ... most - including myself - had Jackson as a .500 team this season ... EVERY early "W" pushes that percentage up and up imo ... nothing like confidence, believing in a "system" & coach to equal "W's" ...

Ironmen32
JV Team

Post by Ironmen32 »

I expect the boys in Red and White to come ready to play.

If they come playing with that intensity and passion, I expect a win by about 12-15 points for Jackson. Every one of these early wins builds that confidence when stiffer competition comes calling. With a win Friday and a very winnable game Saturday at home against Greenfield McClain, the Jackson Ironmen Boys basketball will be 4-0 :shock: :shock: :shock: . That would be an impressive accomplishment.

I may not be able to outsmart too many people, but I can outwork 'em.
-Coach Woody Hayes
hardfowl
All State

Post by hardfowl »

The game can be heard on 92.1 FM and online at www.wyvk.com.

HoopsHotHead
Varsity

Post by HoopsHotHead »

Jackson scored several points in the paint vs. RV......as well as shooting 17-21 at the line........Meigs should expect more of the same.....Jackson hit a few threes....but most seemed to be after dribble penetration......IMO

Ironmen32
JV Team

Post by Ironmen32 »

Dribble penetration is key to the Jackson offense.

If Meigs can contain the dribble, they have a great chance for success.

-Coach Woody Hayes
mrwonderful
Varsity

Post by mrwonderful »

I think Jackson is for real and wins by 15

Bring the Heat
Freshman Team

Post by Bring the Heat »

Jackson's success should come as no real surprise. The Junior group which has several players that played as freshman on the reserve team went 12 and 10. Coach Morrow was the coach. This is his third year with this class. With the exception of a couple teams they are playing the same schedule.

You add in a couple seniors and sophomores to the mix and you have nice team chemistry. They have had success at all levels. That helps.
Plus some of these kids number one sport is basketball, that hasn't always been the case. Makes a big difference.

The first half of the schedule is very favorable and should equate to several wins if they keep playing with the same intensity and improving like they have all preseason and the first two games. I see no reason why a 500 season if not better is out of the question. That is if they stay healthy and all the factors that go into a 22 game season.
Keep it rolling........

tvc_fan
Varsity

Post by tvc_fan »

Meigs has changed a couple of their starters, this should be interesting.

Ironmen32
JV Team

Post by Ironmen32 »

23-20 Jackson at half

-Coach Woody Hayes
Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Freshman and JV won by Jackson

Varsity tied 31-31 after 3

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Jackson 43-33

3:00 left

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Jackson 54-42 1:45 left

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Jackson 63
Meigs 46

tvc_fan
Varsity

Post by tvc_fan »

Jackson is some go getters, they hustle and move the ball well on offense and play great defense...The score could have been worse in the first half if Jackson would have hit their shots.

Meigs makes no changes, they run same offense all game, pick at top, pass to the wing. They pressed the whole second half and it didn't take Jackson long to figure it out, but they stayed in the press.

Huge improvement by Jackson, they not only have a good team, but most importantly, the are believing in themselves and that will go a LONG way.

Best of luck the rest of the way Jackson...Hate to say it, but I see Meigs struggling all season.

Ground Buck
All Conference

Post by Ground Buck »

It's good to see Jackson win, and no Jackson fans on here blaming the officials. So I'm guessing they only give the refs credit for losses, and not for wins? :mrgreen:

Disclaimer: This is all an opinion and I am therefore hoping we can still express opinions on this site without retort.
mrwonderful
Varsity

Post by mrwonderful »

Ole Button Buck off subject again downing Jackson fans as whiners now......Who'd a thunk it? lol

Ground Buck
All Conference

Post by Ground Buck »

mrwonderful wrote:Ole Button Buck off subject again downing Jackson fans as whiners now......Who'd a thunk it? lol
Nah, not "off subject" with folks on here making ref bashing part of every game they lose. I'm glad Jackson didn't blame the refs for the win and Meigs fans didn't blame the refs for the loss. :mrgreen:

Disclaimer: This is all an opinion and I am therefore hoping we can still express opinions on this site without retort.
mrwonderful
Varsity

Post by mrwonderful »

I hate when people blame refs but sometimes refs do cost teams games....I know a few refs, and when they watch games, they don't even watch the game they watch the refs....Their ate up with it.....lol.... Constantly telling me that ref did this wrong, he should have moved his hand this way, he's standing in the wrong position.... Pain in the AZZ trying to watch the game with them!!! And yes a big percentage of the Refs think it's about them....Love to be seen....Basketball Refs may be more in love with themselves than Home Plate Umpires in Baseball...... I'm off subject....I'll shut up.... Ironmen are for real!!!!

Ground Buck
All Conference

Post by Ground Buck »

mrwonderful wrote:I hate when people blame refs but sometimes refs do cost teams games....I know a few refs, and when they watch games, they don't even watch the game they watch the refs....Their ate up with it.....lol.... Constantly telling me that ref did this wrong, he should have moved his hand this way, he's standing in the wrong position.... Pain in the AZZ trying to watch the game with them!!! And yes a big percentage of the Refs think it's about them....Love to be seen....Basketball Refs may be more in love with themselves than Home Plate Umpires in Baseball...... I'm off subject....I'll shut up.... Ironmen are for real!!!!
I would just like to see one fan from Jackson, and the other schools that blame the refs for losses, come on here and give a ref credit for a win when a call goes their way and as you said, "costs teams games" which in this case would be costing Jackson's opponents the game and handing Jackson the win. :mrgreen:

Return to “Boys Basketball”