2011-2012 River Valley Raiders

Rvbballdude
Varsity

2011-2012 River Valley Raiders

Post by Rvbballdude »

Looking forward to this season, Raiders are getting huge numbers out at all levels.
The Varsity will be prob 9-10 deep with 3 seniors 6-7 juniors contributing and Transfer Jr Chris Clemente from Rock Hill will add depth to the Varsity
I think only 1-2 sophomores and a huge freshman class.
Junior High 7-8 grades have out about 36 kids in early practices.
Jeff Golden has joined the staff and will be coaching the JV team,I know he was a very good PG at GA a few years ago should bring some knowledge and new enthusiasm to the team.

Good Luck Coach Hill and Raiders
Last edited by Rvbballdude on Mon Nov 07, 2011 10:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.

RVRaiderFan
All State

Re: 2011-2012 River Valley Raiders

Post by RVRaiderFan »

December 2 is the season opener at home against Southern!!

GO RAIDERS!!

npeifer
Freshman Team

Post by npeifer »

I so glad basketball season is here! I hope the Raiders have a terrific year as they are very capable of doing. As you mentioned the freshman class is HUGE, my son is one of them.

Rvbballdude
Varsity

Post by Rvbballdude »

Raiders JV/Varsity scrimmage at Athens Sat at 10am,Athens is always very athletic and a big school should create a good challenge for the Raiders in the early going.Great experience for the young team!
Coach Skinner always has his team prepared to play.

Good Luck Silver and Black!
Last edited by Rvbballdude on Thu Nov 10, 2011 8:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

Blue_nd_Gray
JV Team

Post by Blue_nd_Gray »

Have a great season Raiders! Sounds like they may play up tempo and Dovenbarger is still growing at about 6' 4" he played football and has a new attitude toward sports and everything.

jottings
SEOPS H

Post by jottings »

River Valley Raider fan...Do u or any other RVHS poster have a copy of the 2011-12 Boys varsity BB schedule? Would appreciate a copy. Thanks.

Rvbballdude
Varsity

Post by Rvbballdude »

Here it is Jottings:

Fri Dec 2 Southern
Fri Dec 9 @ Jackson
Sat Dec 10 Meigs
Tue Dec 13 Rock Hill
Fri Dec 16 Fairland
Tue Dec 20 @ Vinton County
Wed Dec 28 @ Nelsonville
Fri Jan 6 @ Coal Grove
Tue Jan 10 Chesapeake
Fri Jan 13 @ South Point
Tue Jan 17@ Alexander
Fri Jan 20 Eastern (Meigs)
Sat Jan 21 @ Gallia Academy
Tue Jan 24 @ Rock Hill
Fri Jan 27 @ Fairland
Fri Feb 3 Coal Grove
Sat Feb 4 @ Meigs
Tue Feb 7 Nelsonville
Fri Feb 10 @ Chesapeake
Tue Feb 14 South Point

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Rvbballdude wrote:Raiders JV/Varsity scrimmage at Athens Sat at 10am,Athens is always very athletic and a big school should create a good challenge for the Raiders in the early going.Great experience for the young team!
Coach Skinner won the TVC last year and always has his team prepared to play.

Actually coach Combs' Vikings won the TVC Ohio last season.

Rvbballdude
Varsity

Post by Rvbballdude »

Dundas wrote:
Rvbballdude wrote:Raiders JV/Varsity scrimmage at Athens Sat at 10am,Athens is always very athletic and a big school should create a good challenge for the Raiders in the early going.Great experience for the young team!
Coach Skinner won the TVC last year and always has his team prepared to play.

Actually coach Combs' Vikings won the TVC Ohio last season.
My bad sorry bout that! No slight ment!

npeifer
Freshman Team

Post by npeifer »

Blue_nd_Gray wrote:Have a great season Raiders! Sounds like they may play up tempo and Dovenbarger is still growing at about 6' 4" he played football and has a new attitude toward sports and everything.

McAvena the freshman is 6'4" also and can be a beast inside at times. Just has to learn to keep his heaad in the game.

Blue_nd_Gray
JV Team

Post by Blue_nd_Gray »

npeifer wrote:
Blue_nd_Gray wrote:Have a great season Raiders! Sounds like they may play up tempo and Dovenbarger is still growing at about 6' 4" he played football and has a new attitude toward sports and everything.

McAvena the freshman is 6'4" also and can be a beast inside at times. Just has to learn to keep his heaad in the game.
I forgot about him , the big freshman.
He along with the gilliland boy should be a good presence on the jv and with some work on defense a little aggressiveness be pretty good in years to come. It takes a year or so to catch on to hills defense plus the varsity is about 11 deep i hear with a good bit of speed

npeifer
Freshman Team

Post by npeifer »

Blue_nd_Gray wrote:
npeifer wrote:

I forgot about him , the big freshman.
He along with the gilliland boy should be a good presence on the jv and with some work on defense a little aggressiveness be pretty good in years to come. It takes a year or so to catch on to hills defense plus the varsity is about 11 deep i hear with a good bit of speed

Both Mac and Gilliland were at my house last weekend with my son and they were both talking about how there was a big difference in football shape and basketball shape and how they both needed to "get in basketball shape" so at least they recognize and are willing to work on it. They are really good kids and I hope all the Raiders teams put in hard work and have a great year.

Rvbballdude
Varsity

Post by Rvbballdude »

Raiders have a home scrimmage vs New Boston fri at 6pm. A couple sr players have nagging injuries and seeing limited action hopefully get back in the rotation soon. This will be a Varsity Jv scrimmage as well i think.

Rvbballdude
Varsity

Post by Rvbballdude »

Good Scrimmage with New Boston Raiders (I think) the Raiders won 4 New Boston won 2,With different lineups, situational and the coaches still learning the kids,was pretty successful as scrimmages go. Good to see Harrison back at 75% his speed makes this a really athletic Raider team.
New Boston has 3 really nice players and they play well together the coaches do a nice job.

The JVs from RV won 5 New Boston 1 (I think?) This Raider team is going to be something special in the future and I was really surprised at how well they picked up the defense,athleticism is not a problem for this group playing about 8-9 freshmen and 1 soph.
I think every game should be competitive if these guys keep improving.

Rvbballdude
Varsity

Post by Rvbballdude »

River Valley has Ft Frye coming to visit on Wed evening for a Varsity/JV Scrimmage @ 6pm. Then the OVC Preview @ Rock Hill on Fri night River Valley has the 7:00pm Game.
Ft Frye is very well coached and usually pretty athletic,should be fun to watch.

rhfootball14
Waterboy

Post by rhfootball14 »

the Clemente kid can play! he has definitley showed something in these scrimmages!! as has the whole team! GO RAIDERS!!

rhfootball14
Waterboy

Post by rhfootball14 »

Where did this Clemente kid come from? That boy can play!

npeifer
Freshman Team

Post by npeifer »

Should be a much more competitive scrimmage tonight for sure! I look forward to seeing all of the Raider teams do well tonight.

Rvbballdude
Varsity

Post by Rvbballdude »

Raiders and Cadets of Ft Frye had a very competitive scrimmage Wed Night @ Bidwell With RV taking 4-7 games, Both Teams played hard nosed defense and the scores showed that.

Good Luck Cadets with the rest of your season

The Raiders travel to Rock Hill tonight to face Fairland in the OVC Preview
Good Luck Raiders!
Last edited by Rvbballdude on Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rvbballdude
Varsity

Post by Rvbballdude »

raider4life wrote:Where did this Clemente kid come from? That boy can play!
Rock Hill he is a JR

Return to “Boys Basketball”