JV Team

Belpre at Warren (1-24)

Post by warriorfrosh »

Belpre is playing well..

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Re: Belpre at Warren (1-24)

Post by pfloyd »

... Best of luck to the Warren boyz of Coach Maddox vs Belpre Tuesday night ... the Warriors need a good "warm-up" matchup vs a quality team before they head to Portsmouth Friday night to take on fellow SEOAL heavyweight the Portsmouth Trojans ... Belpre is such an opponent ... the Big Bad Blue will need to bring their "A" game Tuesday just as they will for Friday's get together with PHS ... no "phone it in" type game Tuesday night at all vs Coach Thornhill's squad ... looking forward to seeing the napkin stats on this Tuesday night matchup for sure ... "just put it up with the other hand" - right TW ;-) !!!

warriorfrosh
JV Team

Post by warriorfrosh »

Pfloyd, the boys were very unhappy that mother nature spoiled their weekend with 2 games being "iced out"...looking to heat up the nets tomorrow night against a local rival where ghastly things have been known to happen...

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... warriorfrosh ... I was in the gym the night a certain "player" Thornhill led his Belpre team to (I believe the last Belpre win at Warren) a win over the Big Bad Blue ...tell Coach Maddox I'll stay away tomorrow night LOL ... WHS will be just fine ... it's called "taking care of bidness at home" ...

warrior_nation#1
Waterboy

Post by warrior_nation#1 »

Warren's best wins this season have been determined by their shooting. Warren needs to make their 3's but not force them up when they're winning (Game vs. Marietta). That also implies slowing the game's pace as soon as you get the lead. They have to get their shooting in gear for Portsmouth friday. Basiclly, alls I see this game as is a little "warm up" for friday, Warren by +15.

warriorfrosh
JV Team

Post by warriorfrosh »

I was too...he hit a runner right at the buzzer I think! He is still so young looking you don't think he would try to sneak a jersey on do you? Floyd the very best to you with your MD visit...

Excoach78
Freshman Team

Post by Excoach78 »

Pfloyd; How would a 6'5' freshman fit into the Warren basketball program? I am talking quick, handle the ball, play inside or out with a smooth shot and can jump. Well we got one and he will be on the floor tonight. This is not just another warm body. He needs BULK and brushed up on DEFENSE but a real player. Add him to French, Patton, Church, Drayer, Drayer, Yabs, Pannell, Lang and do you think coach Maddox and Duck are HAPPY.
Good luck to you! You know I am with you all the way buddy. I will give you my napkin stats tonight.GO TEAM WARREN WARRIORS!!!!!!!!!

ssbball
Freshman Team

Post by ssbball »

We talkin bout Tate's cousin or nephew or watever here. If so, yea he is going to be a good one. Belpre is probably bummin he didn't stay there. Good Luck to both teams in this one. Won't be there so keep me posted here.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... rut ruh!!! Coach Maddox's got his claws into some height ???!!!!! 6-5 freshman, swingman that has skills already ... will he be STAYING put in the land of the Big Bad Blue? or is he coming into the program, learning/honing the skills only to move down on the river??? ... Coach Maddox going to have a BIG for 3 1/2 more years !!!!! ... must be Christmas down in Barlow LOL ... looking forward to getting a chance to see the "newbie" in action ... will he be dressing JV, Varsity or both ? will he be available off the bench on varsity THIS season??? inquiring minds want to know ...

... Excoach78 - thanks my friend ... sounds to me like you're coaching and "r_cr_ _ting"!!!!! Did Coach Maddox send you out on the road with orders to NOT come home until you have a 6-5 body or taller in tow ?!!!!! LOL ;-) ... I'm going to miss next weeks Warrior visit to Logan on the 3rd ! I will still be in surgery when the boyz hit the floor Friday night ... hope to catch all of the Warrior fans/friends down the road for sure ...

32, 16, 6
JV Team

Post by 32, 16, 6 »

Haha he spent the summer with us. He even went to that camp east of here with us. You know excoach like we all do. He likes a tall player. I like the ones in the blue uniform. I dont care if they are tall or not. I received an invite to to walk 60 miles in three days. You do well in this surgery Pfloyd, I just may take them up on their offer. Im gonna need a purple hippo shirt to wear the first day.

bballin
JV Team

Post by bballin »

Warren by 7 ...

Eaglepapaw
S

Post by Eaglepapaw »

End 1st Warren 19 Belpre 9

Eaglepapaw
S

Post by Eaglepapaw »

Halftime Warren 46 Belpre 26

Eaglepapaw
S

Post by Eaglepapaw »

End 3rd Warren 72 Belpre 44

Eaglepapaw
S

Post by Eaglepapaw »

Final Warren 84 Belpre 46

FortFryeFan
Waterboy

Post by FortFryeFan »

Number 23 for Warren tore up JV, he will be a good ballplayer, kind of reminds me of Kirkbride from Zanesville Rosecrans. The thing that kind of irked me was Warren pressing in the 4th quarter of the JV game, up by at least 20, then again in the varsity 3rd quarter, granted that is the 3rd quarter, but they were up by 30. Not a real big deal, but come on, cut the Eagles a little slack.

32, 16, 6
JV Team

Post by 32, 16, 6 »

Hey Frosh : Did you see the boys from Marietta? They came back again... You were right it is contageous!!!! Should I shine up a few seats in the back of the Band Wagon?

Tim Hardaway Jr.
JV Team

Post by Tim Hardaway Jr. »

32, 16, 6 wrote:Hey Frosh : Did you see the boys from Marietta? They came back again... You were right it is contageous!!!! Should I shine up a few seats in the back of the Band Wagon?
Haha can we start getting some reserved seats? That'd be better than where we were tonight. We love to see you guys and your competition. I have some friends on Belpre and our boys didn't have a game tonight. See ya for the Chilli game everyone!

dennisdrinksbud
Freshman Team

Post by dennisdrinksbud »

FortFryeFan wrote:Number 23 for Warren tore up JV, he will be a good ballplayer, kind of reminds me of Kirkbride from Zanesville Rosecrans. The thing that kind of irked me was Warren pressing in the 4th quarter of the JV game, up by at least 20, then again in the varsity 3rd quarter, granted that is the 3rd quarter, but they were up by 30. Not a real big deal, but come on, cut the Eagles a little slack.
x2

dennisdrinksbud
Freshman Team

Post by dennisdrinksbud »

32, 16, 6 wrote:Hey Frosh : Did you see the boys from Marietta? They came back again... You were right it is not contageous!!!! Should I shine up a few seats in the back of the Band Wagon?
x2
Last edited by dennisdrinksbud on Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Boys Basketball”