SEOPS H

Re: 2/28 (3) Waterford vs (6) Symmes Valley

Post by a_c_m »

Congrats Vikings!

motox21
Waterboy

Post by motox21 »

I am a Waterford fan, and I will admit that did not play all that great, but they should have won, or at least went to OT. That was some of the worst officiating I've ever seen in that fourth quarter tonight, with 3.4 left they call a foul on austin shriver but it was def on SV. Then in the final second shriver was fouled, pretty obvious one to, shooting a three and no foul called. The officials must have known it was a bad call because within 3 seconds they were gone. I don't know what it is about the refs this year, but don't seem to like Waterford.

Super trooper
All State

Post by Super trooper »

Wow

THE GOVENOR
All State

Post by THE GOVENOR »

GOOD JOB VIKINGS !!!!!!

Jesco White
S

Post by Jesco White »

motox21 wrote: The officials must have known it was a bad call because within 3 seconds they were gone. I don't know what it is about the refs this year, but don't seem to like Waterford.
I wasn't at the game, and I don't have a dog in the fight, so I won't defend the officiating. But, I will say that I've never been to a game where the officials didn't exit the floor immediately. I believe that is what they are supposed to do. I don't know that for a fact, but I'm sure some of the officials who frequent the site could give better insight.

As far as the game goes, congrats to the Vikings. It's always great as an SOC fan when one of our schools advances in the tourney!

Kerinon
Freshman Team

Post by Kerinon »

motox21 wrote:I am a Waterford fan, and I will admit that did not play all that great, but they should have won, or at least went to OT. That was some of the worst officiating I've ever seen in that fourth quarter tonight, with 3.4 left they call a foul on austin shriver but it was def on SV. Then in the final second shriver was fouled, pretty obvious one to, shooting a three and no foul called. The officials must have known it was a bad call because within 3 seconds they were gone. I don't know what it is about the refs this year, but don't seem to like Waterford.
I too am a Waterford fan and was @ the game, and as Moto says, our team didn't play a great game and the calls made didn't loose us the game, but those last seconds calls were ones that could have opened the door. That said, I've never seen a ref call a foul on that last second shot. Ever. Maybe it's just the games I'm at, but the refs seem ready to get the game over with those last seconds.

Both games last evening were exciting. Best of luck to Symmes Valley and South Gallia. Never saw St. Joe play until last evening and they were certainly digging deep and playing good ball. #22 seems to be a great player for them.

SOCFAN1430
Varsity

Post by SOCFAN1430 »

s.v.vikinglinex2 wrote:Yes Symmes Valley won 51 to 50.

Way to represent the SOC, Congrats the boys from SV and the coaching staff

motox21
Waterboy

Post by motox21 »

Jesco White wrote:
motox21 wrote: The officials must have known it was a bad call because within 3 seconds they were gone. I don't know what it is about the refs this year, but don't seem to like Waterford.
I wasn't at the game, and I don't have a dog in the fight, so I won't defend the officiating. But, I will say that I've never been to a game where the officials didn't exit the floor immediately. I believe that is what they are supposed to do. I don't know that for a fact, but I'm sure some of the officials who frequent the site could give better insight.

As far as the game goes, congrats to the Vikings. It's always great as an SOC fan when one of our schools advances in the tourney!
Trust me I'm at a lot of games to and have noticed that refs get of the court pretty quick, but I mean it was just odd how fast these ones were off the court.

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

kerinon wrote:
motox21 wrote:I am a Waterford fan, and I will admit that did not play all that great, but they should have won, or at least went to OT. That was some of the worst officiating I've ever seen in that fourth quarter tonight, with 3.4 left they call a foul on austin shriver but it was def on SV. Then in the final second shriver was fouled, pretty obvious one to, shooting a three and no foul called. The officials must have known it was a bad call because within 3 seconds they were gone. I don't know what it is about the refs this year, but don't seem to like Waterford.
I too am a Waterford fan and was @ the game, and as Moto says, our team didn't play a great game and the calls made didn't loose us the game, but those last seconds calls were ones that could have opened the door. That said, I've never seen a ref call a foul on that last second shot. Ever. Maybe it's just the games I'm at, but the refs seem ready to get the game over with those last seconds.

Both games last evening were exciting. Best of luck to Symmes Valley and South Gallia. Never saw St. Joe play until last evening and they were certainly digging deep and playing good ball. #22 seems to be a great player for them.
IMO;

A foul is a foul...no matter if there is 8:00 left or 0.2 seconds...if a kid is fouled while shooting, it should be called...but often isnt. I dont know why... **I didnt have a dog in this fight either**

CharlieHustle
All Conference

Post by CharlieHustle »

Do you think this win can save Fuller's job?

SOCFAN1430
Varsity

Post by SOCFAN1430 »

scarlet_gray wrote:Do you think this win can save Fuller's job?

It depends on how much a sectional championship makes up for a 7-13 record. For most a sectional championship is a pretty big deal, unless your Chesapeake or someone like that lol. I know I expected them to win at least 12 games and compete in the conference, alot of people picked them to win it.

Return to “Boys Basketball”