JV Team

Chillicothe vs. Circleville District final

Post by buckcraze »

What does everyone think?

buckcraze
JV Team

Re: Chillicothe vs. Circleville District final

Post by buckcraze »

Here is my personal opinion.....Circleville is one of the schools that has worked extremely hard behind the scenes to keep Chillicothe out of the MSL. I hope the CAVS are up by 100 points going into the fourth quarter and comes out pressing until the clock runs out!!!! :mad: Pay back is a you know what Circleveille!!!! :twisted: GO GET'EM CAVS!!!!! :aaaaa8

jimmy chipwood
All Conference

Post by jimmy chipwood »

This matchup sounds more like a Sectional Final than a Distict Final. Than you have a district semi - that sounds like a district final with Warren/Fairland. Pretty easy road for Chillicothe so far. Circleville could pull off the upset but I dont see it happening.

ztpioneers1
Riding the Bench

Post by ztpioneers1 »

I made it down to the convo last night and watched the cavs do their thing. Defensive pressure won this game for sure. I don't know if its been the easiest road, but I do know the cavs made it look easy after winning by a large margin. Sheridan was a tough and physical team. Cavs just did what they had to do and win. They are trying to win their 5th district title in 7 years. Impressive.

Hitchbone64
All Conference

Post by Hitchbone64 »

jimmy chipwood wrote:This matchup sounds more like a Sectional Final than a Distict Final. Than you have a district semi - that sounds like a district final with Warren/Fairland. Pretty easy road for Chillicothe so far. Circleville could pull off the upset but I dont see it happening.
Jimmy C: That is what happens when upsets occur and IMO improper seeding. I'm not a voting coach, but with Circleville's MSL schedule, I can see them getting a 4-5 seed. They upset the Unioto Shermans while Athens pulls off the big shock on taking down LE. And finally back to the seedings, I see Fairland at a 2-3 seed and not a 4. Now by the records, this matchup looks like a 4-5 match in a sectional, but as you know better than most, the records don't tell the whole story.:).

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

buckcraze wrote:Here is my personal opinion.....Circleville is one of the schools that has worked extremely hard behind the scenes to keep Chillicothe out of the MSL. I hope the CAVS are up by 100 points going into the fourth quarter and comes out pressing until the clock runs out!!!! :mad: Pay back is a you know what Circleveille!!!! :twisted: GO GET'EM CAVS!!!!! :aaaaa8
Yeah, running up the score on high school kids that had nothing to do with anything would be an appropriate way to show up administrators and other adults of perceived decisions.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Chillicothe by 12 or so....time for them to begin peaking.....Cville has had a fine season and Coach Evans has obviously done a tremendous job.....but beating Chilly IMO is too much to ask.

ztpioneers1
Riding the Bench

Post by ztpioneers1 »

Ironman92 wrote:Chillicothe by 12 or so....time for them to begin peaking.....Cville has had a fine season and Coach Evans has obviously done a tremendous job.....but beating Chilly IMO is too much to ask.

I can almost bet that is the last thing the chilly coach will be thinking.. I think he just wants to advance and play in the regionals..

ztpioneers1
Riding the Bench

Post by ztpioneers1 »

grabbed the wrong quote. oh well.

Hitchbone64
All Conference

Post by Hitchbone64 »

Ironman92 wrote:
buckcraze wrote:Here is my personal opinion.....Circleville is one of the schools that has worked extremely hard behind the scenes to keep Chillicothe out of the MSL. I hope the CAVS are up by 100 points going into the fourth quarter and comes out pressing until the clock runs out!!!! :mad: Pay back is a you know what Circleveille!!!! :twisted: GO GET'EM CAVS!!!!! :aaaaa8
Yeah, running up the score on high school kids that had nothing to do with anything would be an appropriate way to show up administrators and other adults of perceived decisions.
Ironman92, you can be assured that the coaches have nothing to do with MSL matters. Their hands will be full enough with the Tigers, without having some agenda. Cville about clipped the Cavs last year. The MSL will have them ready.

buckcraze
JV Team

Post by buckcraze »

Ironman92 wrote:
Is that why Jackson was throwing the the ball up 30 points in the fourth quarter against chilly this year? Get off your sanctamonious soap box! Hipocrate!

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

Watched both semifinal games on Wednesday, and I feel that Chillicothe will win the district championship with their defense........the Cavaliers have struggled offensively at times this year, but one constant in their play has been their defense.......it's the main reason they are 15-7. I just don't see Circleville having any measure of success vs. Chillicothe in the paint, with Malik London always in that area. Still, the Tigers are scrappy and their ballhandling looked pretty good vs. Athens.......taking care of the basketball will be important for Circleville, because I don't look for a lot of points from either team in this game.

Hitchbone64
All Conference

Post by Hitchbone64 »

trojandave wrote:Watched both semifinal games on Wednesday, and I feel that Chillicothe will win the district championship with their defense........the Cavaliers have struggled offensively at times this year, but one constant in their play has been their defense.......it's the main reason they are 15-7. I just don't see Circleville having any measure of success vs. Chillicothe in the paint, with Malik London always in that area. Still, the Tigers are scrappy and their ballhandling looked pretty good vs. Athens.......taking care of the basketball will be important for Circleville, because I don't look for a lot of points from either team in this game.
trojandave, great post in terms of the D. As we all know, defense is our stable of the program and hopefully will always be. This version of the Cavs is right up there defensively with the top Southeastern District teams out there. Despite the 7 losses, Cavs are giving up under 48 per game and holding teams Under 40% from the field. However, to win Championships, we have to still put the ball in the hoop. This team has the ability, and hopefully, the O matches the D against Cville. They gave us all we could handle last year and I'm sure their confidence will be high. We played quite a few MSL teams, this year, so I'm sure the coaching staff has plenty of tape. Will be a interesting matchup next Friday. Typically, the 1st game at the Convo brings out a few jitters. That should be under everyones belt now, so may the best team win and represent the District in the Regionals. The Cavs have taken care off business when presented the opportunity in Athens over the past 6 years. Let's hope year 7 is special also.

GO CAVS!!! ONE HEARTBEAT!

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

Circleville will have to play better than it did against Athens. Cut down on the turnovers, and get started scoring a little earlier. I do think they can keep this a little closer than probably a majority of folks think. Not sure they can get over the hump. London is obviously a load inside, and Johnson is also a nice guard to lead the way.

Good luck to the Tigers.

GoCavs
Waterboy

Post by GoCavs »

Chillicothe ALL day

Tigers123
Waterboy

Post by Tigers123 »

1) Circleville's team last year went 5-15 and lost to Chillicothe(ranked 5th in the state at the time) in the sectional final game by 3 points

2) Chillicothe's team last year was a much better team than they are this year(D1 player Jalen Ragland who now plays at UTEP had 20 pts in the sectional final game)

3) Circleville's team is a much better team this year than they were last year

DO THE MATH

Chillicothe rely on Zach Johnson to score and Malik London to block shots and get rebounds. Then what? If the one of the two stars get in foul trouble what do the cavs do? What seperates Circleville from Chillicothe, is the Tigers play as a TEAM. It's no individual scoring, it's the TEAM. All of you Chillicothe fans will see after Friday night.

Tigers123
Waterboy

Post by Tigers123 »

hitchbone64 wrote:
trojandave wrote:Watched both semifinal games on Wednesday, and I feel that Chillicothe will win the district championship with their defense........the Cavaliers have struggled offensively at times this year, but one constant in their play has been their defense.......it's the main reason they are 15-7. I just don't see Circleville having any measure of success vs. Chillicothe in the paint, with Malik London always in that area. Still, the Tigers are scrappy and their ballhandling looked pretty good vs. Athens.......taking care of the basketball will be important for Circleville, because I don't look for a lot of points from either team in this game.
trojandave, great post in terms of the D. As we all know, defense is our stable of the program and hopefully will always be. This version of the Cavs is right up there defensively with the top Southeastern District teams out there. Despite the 7 losses, Cavs are giving up under 48 per game and holding teams Under 40% from the field. However, to win Championships, we have to still put the ball in the hoop. This team has the ability, and hopefully, the O matches the D against Cville. They gave us all we could handle last year and I'm sure their confidence will be high. We played quite a few MSL teams, this year, so I'm sure the coaching staff has plenty of tape. Will be a interesting matchup next Friday. Typically, the 1st game at the Convo brings out a few jitters. That should be under everyones belt now, so may the best team win and represent the District in the Regionals. The Cavs have taken care off business when presented the opportunity in Athens over the past 6 years. Let's hope year 7 is special also.

The Tigers are holding oppenents under 42 ppg.

buckcraze
JV Team

Post by buckcraze »

CAVS nemesis this year has been turn overs. The CAVS take care of the ball, play their normal stingy defense, and stay away from fouling, they win by 20 or more! LET'S GO CAVS!! LET'S GO CAVS!!! LET'S GO CAVS!!!! :aaaaa8 :aaaaa8 :aaaaa8

Ace
Freshman Team

Post by Ace »

buckcraze wrote:
Ironman92 wrote:
Is that why Jackson was throwing the the ball up 30 points in the fourth quarter against chilly this year? Get off your sanctamonious soap box! Hipocrate!
If Jackson wanted to run up the score in football, they would've kept running the ball down Chillicothe's throat. Besides, if Chillicothe had a problem with the football score, they should've run it up against Jackson in basketball.....by your reasoning.

Hitchbone64
All Conference

Post by Hitchbone64 »

Tigers123 wrote:
hitchbone64 wrote:
trojandave, great post in terms of the D. As we all know, defense is our stable of the program and hopefully will always be. This version of the Cavs is right up there defensively with the top Southeastern District teams out there. Despite the 7 losses, Cavs are giving up under 48 per game and holding teams Under 40% from the field. However, to win Championships, we have to still put the ball in the hoop. This team has the ability, and hopefully, the O matches the D against Cville. They gave us all we could handle last year and I'm sure their confidence will be high. We played quite a few MSL teams, this year, so I'm sure the coaching staff has plenty of tape. Will be a interesting matchup next Friday. Typically, the 1st game at the Convo brings out a few jitters. That should be under everyones belt now, so may the best team win and represent the District in the Regionals. The Cavs have taken care off business when presented the
opportunity in Athens over the past 6 years. Let's hope year 7 is special also.

The Tigers are holding oppenents under 42 ppg.
Tigers123,

Your earlier points are all valid, which is why the Tigers are a definite threat to win the District Championship. However, I'm not sure you want to hang your "under 42 ppg" against the Cavs " under 48 ppg". I would prefer to look at like match ups (Cavs played a few MSL games). I have not done that, so you may be correct, however Chiily,'s points allowed is definitely swayed by the level of competition played in and out of conference. Ironton, Gahanna, Columbus Eastmoor, Dayton CJ, Portsmouth and Warren can all light up the scoreboard. I will match the Cavs Defense up with the very best around. One last thing about Chilly. We are more than 2 players. You don't win Championships with individual players, but rather as a team. We defeated both Warren and a game Fairfield Union without the services of our leading scorer and 2nd leading rebounder Zach Johnson.

GO CAVS!!! ONE HEARTBEAT!!!

Return to “Boys Basketball”