Re: Fairfield vs Sheridan

Post by noreply66 »

A couple neighbors fighting it out

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
Bball4
Waterboy

Post by Bball4 »

It is nice to see these two playing each other. Now if we can get Lancaster to play us (FU).

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

Bball4 wrote:It is nice to see these two playing each other. Now if we can get Lancaster to play us (FU).
Don't hold your breath on that one happening.

Bball4
Waterboy

Post by Bball4 »

formerfcfan wrote:
Bball4 wrote:It is nice to see these two playing each other. Now if we can get Lancaster to play us (FU).
I know it will never happen it would just be nice to see local teams playing each other. I've been told that Lancaster has nothing to gain but everything to loose. Still would be nice to see.

falconbball
Riding the Bench

Post by falconbball »

we used to play Lancaster in baseball

Falcon01
S

Post by Falcon01 »

formerfcfan wrote:

Finally got them to play in boys soccer, believe girls soccer is finally playing next season after being rejected for the longest time by lancaster... so who knows.... But I still doubt it ever happens in basketball, maybe outside the foundation game preseason or something

Falcon01
S

Post by Falcon01 »

Bball4 wrote:
formerfcfan wrote:
I know it will never happen it would just be nice to see local teams playing each other. I've been told that Lancaster has nothing to gain but everything to loose. Still would be nice to see.

I mean that part is pretty true, if you were looking at it from an AD perspective.. BUT you could also assume it'd be games that would bring a larger number at the gate too.. Id assume if lancaster played basketball against bloom, fu, maybe LU, that there would be pretty good crowds.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Lancaster must be pretty bad if they are playing Caldwell

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Don't think it is Lancaster being bad. More like the teams available.

Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Post by Chieftain2009 »

Raider6309 wrote:Lancaster must be pretty bad if they are playing Caldwell
Lancaster is definitely not bad.

Chieftain Fan
Varsity

Post by Chieftain Fan »

Lancaster would beat most if not all SE teams if they continue to play as a team . Lots of chemistry on that team right now and they play alot of BIGS in the OCC . Lancaster VS FU would be a good one for sure !

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Lancaster misses out on getting some good players with all those other schools near by

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

Thank goodness I wrote a detailed post over on the Philo tourney thread about this, just for someone to write this.

Falcon01
S

Post by Falcon01 »

Chieftain2009 wrote:
Lancaster is definitely not bad.
They're definitely not good though. They're a one man team, though that one man is really good.

Falcon01
S

Post by Falcon01 »

You know what though.. I probably shouldn't say that though either because living in Cali, it's not like I've seen them this year.

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

Falcon01 wrote:
Bball4 wrote:
formerfcfan wrote: Don't hold your breath on that one happening.

I mean that part is pretty true, if you were looking at it from an AD perspective.. BUT you could also assume it'd be games that would bring a larger number at the gate too.. Id assume if lancaster played basketball against bloom, fu, maybe LU, that there would be pretty good crowds.
Not LU, but FCA would be a big gate for hoops.

Fisher boys beat LHS in the soccer preview at Lancaster 2-1 two years ago. Wasn't invited back last year because they beat LHS, but ended up getting invited back this year.

Any possible chance LHS has at losing to a nearby school in any sport, they skirt. With open enrollment available into the BC and FU districts, coupled with two private schools in Lancaster, the Gales don't have as much of a pull on the student-athletes necessary to make winning teams as they used to.

Evan Conley, the transfer PG that'll suit up at FU in a few games, was expected to be the starting PG for varsity had he stayed in the Lancaster schools system. Played at Sherman JR High, attended FCA his freshman year because that's where his brother went, and then left to attend FU. So, as good of a matchup as LHS / FU would be, it ain't happening. LHS is hemorrhaging good student-athletes left and right to area schools.

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

Falcon01 wrote:You know what though.. I probably shouldn't say that though either because living in Cali, it's not like I've seen them this year.
Really bad two years ago. Would've lost to FCA had they played and given how FC beat the Knights twice that year, maybe would've lost to Fisher as well. Just really bad by any standard.

Improved just a little bit last year, but still bad.

Better this year, but still not at the level of competitiveness necessary to win an OCC-Ohio or district game.

Bball4
Waterboy

Post by Bball4 »

I just put up the FU/Sheridan score. It wasn't about Lancaster being good or bad. I would like to see the 2schools play but it's not going to happen. There will always be excuses, they compete in some sports so I don't want to hear that they loose to many athletes to other schools. FU is about a third of their size and can still find kids to compete in sports not just Bball.

redskinwitness
Varsity

Post by redskinwitness »

I said this on that Philo tourney thread and I understand that Caldwell is a young team this year and not ready for a team like Lancaster at all but for the past 4 years Caldwell was not a D4 that Lancaster would have wanted to play. My son played for them, they had 4 different kids make 1st or 2nd team all Ohio in that time and beat Teams like Marietta, Philo, Maysville, fort frye and others. Took FCA to ot on the road and gave Steubenville and Warren all they wanted multiple times. While I agree Lancaster should not be playing a school with 75 boys in it they also shouldn't be disrespectful to a program that has probably won close to 70 games the last four years.

Return to “Boys Basketball”