Top players in the PVC

PVC MAN
JV Team

Top players in the PVC

Post by PVC MAN »

Besides Price and Smith,who will some of the standouts be this year?

newlex/sheridan
Varsity

Re: Top players in the PVC

Post by newlex/sheridan »

Jonathon Wiechman from Caldwell. Plays for my brother and keeps getting better. Believe he averaged around 18 a game as a sophomore last season.

I drain 3's
Varsity

Post by I drain 3's »

Hurst and Neuhart for Shenandoah.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Just a few Roe Trail , Chandler Lang Fort Frye, Caldwell River and Jordan Jefferson Frontier.

redskinwitness
Varsity

Post by redskinwitness »

For my money I would say that C.J. Bever is Trail's best basketball player. Starr is a lights out shooter on the wing. I think Roe is their slashing style player, but he really isn't a very good shooter and can't use his right hand. I thought the Laffre kid from Central was a good player.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

I disagree Beaver can not get his own shot off.Roe is a clutch player with a better outside shot then you think.

chickem hawk 38
Riding the Bench

Post by chickem hawk 38 »

beaver is quick he goes left really quick and can get his own shot just depends when he wants to play usually not till the 4th. but who do you guys think is better price or smith? im still deciding i watched price drop 32 twice last season but also seen smith put up 36 against magnolia. im wondering who the best player in the PVC is

redskinwitness
Varsity

Post by redskinwitness »

For my money there are three players that are on the same level in the league, those being Smith, Price, Wiechman. Smith is smart, plays in a great system and can shoot the eyes out of it. Price is long, a difficult match up because he can play inside and out and a understands when his team needs him to get it done. Wiechman is still developing but I believe he is just a step below those two, he doesn't have the help that they have at this point though. I feel like you couldn't go wrong with any of them, each will have a huge year and depending on match ups you could choose a different one at any time.
The league will have some really good guard play and River will be extremely good this winter. The PVC will be fun to watch and it will be cool to see how all of these players have developed over the the spring, summer and fall.

Phoenix
JV Team

Post by Phoenix »

i still think chandler lang is better than wiechman. lang just wasn't forced to have a lead role for the cadets. i think seth legraen will be a surprise to some in the 2012-2013 season

Fighting_Scots1
Freshman Team

Post by Fighting_Scots1 »

vigril wrote:i still think chandler lang is better than wiechman. lang just wasn't forced to have a lead role for the cadets. i think seth legraen will be a surprise to some in the 2012-2013 season
I don't really know a lot about the Wiechman kid, but I agree very much with your words on Lang and Legraen. I think a lot of people will be surprised with how well the trifecta (Smith/Lang/Legraen) will do this coming season. I just hope that the system is able to utilize all three the way that they need to be, and I don't see any reason why it wouldn't. Should be a lot of fun to see how things transpire.

newlex/sheridan
Varsity

Post by newlex/sheridan »

My brother coaches Wiechman. Kid is a player. He has a lot less with him then Lang did with him. Lang is a very nice player and probably the best defender in your league (and yes, I have seen all of these teams play) but Wiechman is way beyond him offensively. Both are very good ball players.

As for the system....I don't anticipate the system changing, it will carry on the same with Heninger as he was taught by the best. Who will be the other kids in the Cadets rotation this winter?

Phoenix
JV Team

Post by Phoenix »

the only reason people think wiechman is better offensively is because wiechman was forced to shoot 70% of the shots for caldwell to have a chance to win. By Lang's senior year, you will see what i mean.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Its ok Virgil these people do not understand how dominant Chandler was in JV as a freshman and Jr high.They won't know until his sr yr.

Fighting_Scots1
Freshman Team

Post by Fighting_Scots1 »

I agree with each of you. From what I have seen of him, I would say you would be hard pressed to find many players in the area that can excel on both sides of the ball like he does. He may very well be the best defender in the area with a great motor. On the offensive side of the basketball he has a nice game also, but it tends to be overshadowed a bit by Smith who has proven himself as a solid scorer that they go to a good bit of the time.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Fort Frye starters- Lang Jr,Smith Sr,Caden Brooker SR,Jordan Anderson Jr, Legrean So bench Norris Sr, Hesson Sr, Shuster JR, Madison SO,Omsbach SR

PVC MAN
JV Team

Post by PVC MAN »

Sounds like the fort will be one of the top teams in the league again.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Well they do have the leagues best player in Shon Smith.The kid can flat score.Also everyone in the Cadets starting lineup can hit the 3 but Brooker.

chickem hawk 38
Riding the Bench

Post by chickem hawk 38 »

i'm sorry spy but i think price is the best player in the league, he will prove it this year.

PVC MAN
JV Team

Post by PVC MAN »

I'm with spy,I'll take smith as the preseason player of the year.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Smith was by far best player as a JR don't see a Sr drop off.Maybe River should worry about winning the PVC for 1st time ever instead calling out Shon Smith.

Return to “Boys Basketball”