SOC II - Preseason

Crab's Brother
SEO

SOC II - Preseason

Post by Crab's Brother »

It looks like 4 of the top teams will be a little behind. Valley, Oak Hill, Wheelersburg, and Minford should be in or near the top of the conference and all have made the football playoffs.

Predictions?

Order of finish? Player of the Year? All-league teams?

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Re: SOC II - Preseason

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

Minford will be on top I think with McBee and Gullion leading the way. They still have Mcray to correct? thats the big boy in the league this year.

I think 2nd -4th will be between Valley,OH, and Webster. we'll just have to see how Valley handles the ball without Yates on the court for the first time. Jordan West had a great year last year and they have size to.
Webster will start 4 seniors and a junior (presumably) with Swords, Salisbury, Goddard, Dyer, and Levi Cook and you cant forget theyre drinking Ater-ade on the sidelines 8)

really im not familiar with Burg, Waverly, Oak Hill or Northwest this upcoming season

juanmorales
JV Team

Post by juanmorales »

Might be the year Mi ford finally wins a title as long as they can keep their players healthy and out of the things I've been hearing they are getting into. Burg will be up there, Oak Hill will be there, West will surprise some people, Valley is young, Waverly lost a lot, SW has depth issues but decent starting 5.

Minford
Burg
Oak Hill
West
Waverly
Valley
SW
Northwest

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

The SOC 2 should be very competitive this year, more so from top to bottom than in recent years.

I am very anxious to see the final group of kids Waverly brings to the floor. Many people are counting them out due to the loss of Kretzer, Kelly, Ward, Corcoran & Davis but the Tigers had a very good summer and that was without Sylvester who I am told is a player and will be a huge addition to this years squad. Castro comes in as an addition as well. White, Hart, Heibel, Rinehart, Bolin-Hitchens, Sylvester, Castro makes for a good nucleous to work with. I'm sure there will be a couple others who will be in that mix. Should be deeper than last year. Very tough schedule for the Tigers this year as we only have 9 homes games and 13 away with no gimmies. Win or lose these games Waverly should be battle tested for the tourny.

Lightle04
SE

Post by Lightle04 »

That's the thing with the Tigers everyone including me has picked then to finish in the lower half with what they lost from last year. But if these other kids show out Waverly is going to sneak up and smack the tar out of some people.

D4hero
Freshman Team

Post by D4hero »

SOC 2 looks to be very balanced this year. Minford is probly the favorite with mcafee and gilliand back. West will be much better than ppl think I wouldnt be surprised it they finish 3rd or 4th in league. Burg will be good they return a lot I think it'll be a 3 team race with Minford and oak hill

My predictions

Minford
Burg
Oak hill
West
Waverly
Valley
Northwest
Webster

NewEra
All Conference
Location: Hickory, Indiana - I know everything there is to know about the greatest game ever invented.

Post by NewEra »

D4hero wrote:SOC 2 looks to be very balanced this year. Minford is probly the favorite with mcafee and gilliand back. West will be much better than ppl think I wouldnt be surprised it they finish 3rd or 4th in league. Burg will be good they return a lot I think it'll be a 3 team race with Minford and oak hill

My predictions

Minford
Burg
Oak hill
West
Waverly
Valley
Northwest
Webster
You mean McBee, McCray, and Gullion?

jazzfingers888
JV Team

Post by jazzfingers888 »

Mcfee and Guiliand will be very solid this year no doubt. SOC II will be a dog fight as usual. A more important question would be... who will be throwing it down with 2 hands this year? Nothin like fresh batch of Dunkin Dognuts!

tigerSTRIPEZzz
Riding the Bench

Post by tigerSTRIPEZzz »

lightle04 wrote:That's the thing with the Tigers everyone including me has picked then to finish in the lower half with what they lost from last year. But if these other kids show out Waverly is going to sneak up and smack the tar out of some people.
Yeah underestimate the Tigers this year and you'll get tore up! I'm pumped for this season.

jazzfingers888
JV Team

Post by jazzfingers888 »

Does waverly have any big guys in the paint this year???

Lightle04
SE

Post by Lightle04 »

Yes the bolins-Hitchens kid ,an exchange student from Spain .

WigersTaverly
Waterboy

Post by WigersTaverly »

Waverly also has frank from New York.

Jesco White
S

Post by Jesco White »

Valley returns 3 key players from last year in the form of 6'6" swing man Jordan West, 6'3" power forward Hayden Dunn and 6'2" Guard/Forward Will Howard. They also have several juniors and a sophomore that dressed varsity last year while leading the JV team to an 18-1 record. Those kids include Guards Zach Shope (5'10"), Chris Flowers (5'11") and Ethan Clark-Holbrook (6'1") as well as Forwards Dakota Baker (6'1") and Ryan Brown (6'3"). Plus, Southeast Ohio fans need to get used to the name Bryan Rolfe, a 6'2" Freshman Guard/Forward, who is talented enough to not only start but also put up consistent numbers in all facets of the game. I whole-heartedly expect this team to finish anywhere from 1st to 3rd in the league. They are going to be deep, talented and balanced. And, with only one senior in the top 8-9, the success won't be short lived.

Hitops2.0
Varsity

Post by Hitops2.0 »

WigersTaverly wrote:Waverly also has frank from New York.
HMMMM I THOUGHT IT WAS ....... YO ...FRANKEEE..... :)

jazzfingers888
JV Team

Post by jazzfingers888 »

FOURGET ABOUT IT!!!!! :122245

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

Jesco White wrote:Valley returns 3 key players from last year in the form of 6'6" swing man Jordan West, 6'3" power forward Hayden Dunn and 6'2" Guard/Forward Will Howard. They also have several juniors and a sophomore that dressed varsity last year while leading the JV team to an 18-1 record. Those kids include Guards Zach Shope (5'10"), Chris Flowers (5'11") and Ethan Clark-Holbrook (6'1") as well as Forwards Dakota Baker (6'1") and Ryan Brown (6'3"). Plus, Southeast Ohio fans need to get used to the name Bryan Rolfe, a 6'2" Freshman Guard/Forward, who is talented enough to not only start but also put up consistent numbers in all facets of the game. I whole-heartedly expect this team to finish anywhere from 1st to 3rd in the league. They are going to be deep, talented and balanced. And, with only one senior in the top 8-9, the success won't be short lived.
8) 8) 8)

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

1. Minford: McBee, Gullion, McCray, etc...it's Minford's to lose this year.
2. Valley: I don't care who they lost, they got enough athletes coming back to be near the top...look at their football team.
3. Wheelersburg: great athletes to mix with Massie...any big men though?
4. SW: question where the points are going to come from, but their defense will be top-notch as always. Levi Cook will have to assume the scoring role this year.
5. Oak Hill: don't know much about what they have back, but they still got Persin and assuming some athletes based on their football team.
6. Waverly: lost ALOT...will be competitive as always though.
7. West: struggled with where to predict West...Bradford a heck of a coach and done some decent things with them last year, but given their history, I wanna see it before I believe it.
8. Northwest: better days are ahead for the Mohawks.

Should be a great year of basketball once again in southeastern Ohio.*

jazzfingers888
JV Team

Post by jazzfingers888 »

well said art valentinesday. thats a pretty good run down of the teams. i also am not really sure on what the oaks will have this year; besides a great coach.

Lightle04
SE

Post by Lightle04 »

Seen Oak Hill at Jackson's summer league they looked great. Watched them crush Minford but on Minfords behalf there big guy in the post wasn't there. It was like a 25 point game but that's summer league and I know for a fact Minford is better than they showed. But Oak Hill pressured the ball start to finish they get up and down the floor fast . They will be in the mix for the league.

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

buzzkillington wrote:Might be the year Mi ford finally wins a title as long as they can keep their players healthy and out of the things I've been hearing they are getting into. Burg will be up there, Oak Hill will be there, West will surprise some people, Valley is young, Waverly lost a lot, SW has depth issues but decent starting 5.

Minford
Burg
Oak Hill
West
Waverly
Valley
SW
Northwest
Barring a slew of injuries, there is no way Valley finishes 6th in the league. The Junior class is very good and there is experience there with West, Dunn, and Howard. The Indians will be in contention for the title, but they may be a little behind with a few more gridiron wins.

Return to “Boys Basketball”