Oak Hill (1-0) @ Eastern Pike(2-0)

beaverlover
SE

Oak Hill (1-0) @ Eastern Pike(2-0)

Post by beaverlover »

Any thoughts or predictions on this one. Eastern came out the opening weekend strong with wins against Wellston and St.Joe as did Oak Hill with a nice win vs a good Fairland team. Should be a good matchup.Eagles need good post play and guards to knock down three's to come out with a win.

Go Eagles!!!

Lightle04
SE

Re: Oak Hill (1-0) @ Eastern Pike(2-0)

Post by Lightle04 »

Another tuff team for the Eagles. The first 2 teams we faced have been huge and athletic . Easterns schedule is very,very tuff this year one great team after another .look for Wellston to have a great year as well as Ironton St.Joe they are 2 good teams.

D4hero
Freshman Team

Post by D4hero »

ok, Ironton St. Joe is not a good team for one.

two, Oak Hill wins this one. Persin to good of a coach, he'll have them ready for this one.

js7_22
Varsity

Post by js7_22 »

I never understood the hype for Eastern vs St. joe game either. St. Joe is a mediocre team at best this year. Oak Hill is athletic and will give Eastern problems and point out a fee weaknesses. I'll take Oak Hill by 1.

Lightle04
SE

Post by Lightle04 »

Never new there was hype about the game ? Oak Hill is a good team this makes 3 teams in a row they have played that is comeing off of .500 or better seasons and the second D-3 . Wonder about the Eagles league opponents have they scheduled tuff out of league teams of cupcakes to pad there record ? Just wondering.

bluedude62
Varsity

Post by bluedude62 »

Watched Oak Hill at the previews beat a decent Notre Dame team by 10. #32 seems to be the key to their offense. They always have a good team and this will be Easterns toughest opponet so far in the early season. Saw Eastern also and they can go 7 or 8 deep and not loose a lot. Will take Eastern's defense and the home court advantage for the win.

eagle country
Freshman Team

Post by eagle country »

This should be a good early match up for both teams . Both have great coaching and are very outstanding teams. Eastern cant play the first half of this one like they have the first two oak hill is far better then Wellston or St Joe so they need to bring there A game from the start good luck Eagles

judge judy
Riding the Bench

Post by judge judy »

Oak Hill by 14.

js7_22
Varsity

Post by js7_22 »

lightle04 wrote:Never new there was hype about the game ? Oak Hill is a good team this makes 3 teams in a row they have played that is comeing off of .500 or better seasons and the second D-3 . Wonder about the Eagles league opponents have they scheduled tuff out of league teams of cupcakes to pad there record ? Just wondering.

Hype about St Joe game, not this game. I'll say there are a few teams in SOC 1 scheduling tough opponents all season long. ND is one to mention I know for sure. They have Whiteoak, Minford,Wesley Christian, KY, as well St Joe. Not insinuating they don't play a tough schedule, I was just saying that St. Joe was a bit over-hyped from Eastern fans.

Oak Hill can shoot and should have some size to help inside. I think the game could go either way and Eastern needs to be play its "A" game to beat them. I have been wrong before and do not claim to always be right.

SOCFAN1430
Varsity

Post by SOCFAN1430 »

I didn't make it to the Wellston or St.Joe game to watch the Eagles. However anytime you are a D4 team it is always good to schedule any descent or better upper division team you can get to play you. Typically those schools will have more athletes and size which obviously makes your team better playing against that. Having not seen Wellston or St.Joe i'm not sure how good either of them are, but history tells me that Oak Hill would be a much better team. Oak Hill is the type of team you want to keep on your schedule, i wish Eastern would have kept either Minford or Valley, you know your going to have a tough night and those teams have tons of young talent that will keep them good for a few years.

SOCFAN1430
Varsity

Post by SOCFAN1430 »

Game Day...GO EAGLES!

Lightle04
SE

Post by Lightle04 »

Good luck tonight boys ! Go Eagles !

SOCFAN1430
Varsity

Post by SOCFAN1430 »

Anyone have an Oak Hill roster?

Lightle04
SE

Post by Lightle04 »

Saw them over the summer at Jackson's summer league and they looked great when I got to watch them. There not big but are very fast and athletic . Eagles need to bring there A+ game from start to finish.

Eaglesnest
All State

Post by Eaglesnest »

I have not seen Oak Hill play but was told they will compete with Minford and Valley for the SOC2 crown. The Eagles will have to play very well to win.

Good luck and congrats on the fine start to the season! Go for 3-0!

How has Lands been doing after his surgery?

beaverlover
SE

Post by beaverlover »

Almost game time..Eagles going to have to play very well to win tonight..very good early season test. If Eastern shoots well from outside I think they can win this game..also going to have to play great defense. Should be a good ballgame.

js7_22
Varsity

Post by js7_22 »

updates? We're at Northwest tonight and haven't heard anything.

TripleDouble
JV Team

Post by TripleDouble »

Final score Oak Hill 72 Eastern 64. Couldn't make it to game but I heard it was good back and forth game.

Lightle04
SE

Post by Lightle04 »

Tuff game for the Eagles struggled shooting in the first half. Keep your heads up boys it's one of 22 games use tonight as motivation for Friday . Big league game with Notre Dame.

Eaglesnest
All State

Post by Eaglesnest »

Congrats Oaks. Heard Eagles up 1 heading into the 4th quarter. Must have played them pretty tough.

Shake it off Eagles and get ready for ND on friday.

Return to “Boys Basketball”