Minford @ Portsmouth Clay

oldfalcon
Waterboy

Minford @ Portsmouth Clay

Post by oldfalcon »

Minford is the favorite, but what does clay return from last year? Trainer's clay teams have always played Minford close.

NewEra
All Conference
Location: Hickory, Indiana - I know everything there is to know about the greatest game ever invented.

Re: Minford @ Portsmouth Clay

Post by NewEra »

Minford is known to play down to their level of competition in this game. 2010 the Falcons cruised by 30+ , however last year Clay played close, although I don't feel the threat of a Clay victory was every there.

js7_22
Varsity

Post by js7_22 »

This game will get out of hand quick. Minford by 20+

mglight88
SE

Post by mglight88 »

Should be a good solid victory for the Minford Falcons tonight. Shoemaker plays bench in the 2nd half.

Eaglesnest
All State

Post by Eaglesnest »

Minford big.

beaverlover
SE

Post by beaverlover »

Minford by 30

mglight88
SE

Post by mglight88 »

The Minford Falcons defeated the Clay Panthers 95-37 and the jvs won 29-24. Good start for the Falcons!

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Wow. Almost a 60 point win to open the season. I assume there were many starters getting a break the second half as well.

Ol_BoyMF
Waterboy

Post by Ol_BoyMF »

Mcbee lead all scorers with 39. looks like a great start to the season for the falcons. pretty impresive

lrn4lf
Riding the Bench

Post by lrn4lf »

Take out our "new" players and we still win by several!

Jake Lane
JV Team

Post by Jake Lane »

95-37. I'm sure this is a proud moment for Minford. (Also another classy one as well) :12222

juanmorales
JV Team

Post by juanmorales »

Let me guess, Minford pressed the whole game like they did on Green at previews when they were up a lot....you can tell they are new to this "winning" thing. Yes they have a good team but win the right way

D4hero
Freshman Team

Post by D4hero »

Jake Lane wrote:95-37. I'm sure this is a proud moment for Minford. (Also another classy one as well) :12222

i heard that minford kept pressing even in the 4th??

FarAwayFalcon
Varsity

Post by FarAwayFalcon »

D4hero wrote:
Jake Lane wrote:95-37. I'm sure this is a proud moment for Minford. (Also another classy one as well) :12222

i heard that minford kept pressing even in the 4th??
I heard they emptied the bench and didn't press almost the whole 4th quarter.

Eaglesnest
All State

Post by Eaglesnest »

I was told by a Panther parent that Minford did not press full court in the 4th, but that they were still trapping the ball in the half-court into the 4th quarter. Have no clue if that is true as I didn't see the game. But, I don't have any reason to think this parent would make it up? IF,and I say IF they were doing that up 30-50 points, then IMHO that is not necessary.

NewEra
All Conference
Location: Hickory, Indiana - I know everything there is to know about the greatest game ever invented.

Post by NewEra »

If you are a varsity basketball team and cannot keep freshman and sophomores from turning you over in the halfcourt on your home floor, than that is your problem. These young Minford players need reps, and work, the staff isn't going to tell them to lay back and be nice.

NTHZONE
Waterboy

Post by NTHZONE »

Let it go folks !!!! It's not very often a Minford Bball team gets to flex there muscle ! As always the Worm will turn !!!!

NewEra
All Conference

Post by NewEra »

NTHZONE wrote:Let it go folks !!!! It's not very often a Minford Bball team gets to flex there muscle ! As always the Worm will turn !!!!
As I said if you are a varsity basketball team and can't stop freshman and sophomores from turning you over.....

NTHZONE
Waterboy

Post by NTHZONE »

Freshman and sophomores on the Varsity team ? Minford must not be to deep . Who plays on the JV team 8th graders ?

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

NTHZONE wrote:Freshman and sophomores on the Varsity team ? Minford must not be to deep . Who plays on the JV team 8th graders ?

They are apparently deep enough to beat Clay by nearly 60 points while the "subs" scored more points in the 4th than the starters did in the first 3 quarters. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Return to “Boys Basketball”