SVC Basketball

judge judy
Riding the Bench

SVC Basketball

Post by judge judy »

The league starts Friday... Any predictions on th games?
Adena @ Zane Trace
Paint Valley @ Huntington
Westfall @ Piketon
Southeastern @ Unioto
Who will be the rising stars for each game, and who will teams need to be afraid of.

Jon B
Riding the Bench

Re: SVC Basketball

Post by Jon B »

I say, ZT over Adena, Beam is just to big for them to handle. Huntington over PV, gaurds are just way to good, for PV to play defense on. Plus i think PV wont be able to handle the pressure Huntington will put on them. Piketon over Westfall, Piketon with there BIG 3 and more athletic players to help play defense, will be very hard to stop. Westfall has to be smart with the ball, and let Alec and Big Doug to go to work, if we want to stay in it. Also need a few players to step up and make some big time shots. and lastly, Unioto over Southeastern. Unioto is just to athletic, this will be a great game. This is the game i will be at, look for me in the stands with my espn orange hat! Goodluck to all teams.

judge judy
Riding the Bench

Post by judge judy »

I agree with you on all but the last game Lowlife.. i actually think southeastern will win this game. it will be a great game, hoping SE steps up, and shows what they are capable of, miles needs to play how he plays and take over this game. and for the other games, agree completely. Beam is to much for Adena, Huntington has more athletic ability looking for vickers to show everyone what he has, Piketon with Moore and Farmer, leading the way will be very tough to stop. Those two looked great at the SVC Preview. very good games this week! Excited to see the outcome!!! :12224

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

ZT should handle Adena. Adena has more size than last year, but I still don't think it will be enough to stop Beam. Like last year, I think Adena will have a good game plan and will compete in most games, but will come up short. Fun matchup between the freshmen Jonathan Thomas (A) and Pierce Mowery (ZT).

Huntington beats PV, but in a tough game. Big rivalry between these two neighboring schools should create some fun. I think Huntington is just a bit too talented in this one, but PV's young backcourt won't be overmatched by Huntington's more experienced one. Should be a dog fight.

Piketon easily beats Westfall to make an early statement. If Westfall struggled against Eastern's decent athleticism, they will really struggle against the Streaks. If WF can handle the pressure, this could be a tight game because of the size and athletes on the Mustangs side. It's always very difficult to win at Piketon as well.

Unioto puts SE away in the 4th. This should be the best game of the evening. SE and Unioto are trying to get up and down a bit more than in past years and that should make this a great game. Lots of young talent in this game, but I think Unioto's big front court advantage will push them over the top.

Roger Mink
Freshman Team

Post by Roger Mink »

I agree completely with danicalifornia. Se/unioto is the game of the night. PV does have some nice young players. This game could be real close.

Zt by 18
Hunt by 3
Pike by 22
The u by 5

chef_piketon
JV Team

Post by chef_piketon »

Even though the temps have been very warm outside, The Chef will have the broiler turned on high in The Oven Friday night. Here Comes the Streaks!

Jon B
Riding the Bench

Post by Jon B »

Roger Mink wrote:I agree completely with danicalifornia. Se/unioto is the game of the night. PV does have some nice young players. This game could be real close.

Zt by 18
Hunt by 3
Pike by 22
The u by 5
i say, ZT by 12
Huntington by 14
Piketon by 20+
and Unioto by 8.

Jon B
Riding the Bench

Post by Jon B »

I heard alot of smack talking in going on bewteen a few teams.. Hopefully each team can back it up, wouldn't mind to see an upset.. :122245 tomorrow night, it's gonna get real in the oven!!

steadyEd
Waterboy

Post by steadyEd »

ZT players have a big edge in this game, they'll pull away in the 2nd half.
Huntington has more talent but give me PV in an upset on the road. Like the coaching match up in this one!
Piketon has more talent on their team than the rest of the league combined. Give me Piketon big!
I think Unioto has more talent and more athletes, but I'll take Coach Uhrig and the best PG in the league. SE in a close one.

bengalfan76
SE

Post by bengalfan76 »

steadyEd wrote:ZT players have a big edge in this game, they'll pull away in the 2nd half.
Huntington has more talent but give me PV in an upset on the road. Like the coaching match up in this one!
Piketon has more talent on their team than the rest of the league combined. Give me Piketon big!
I think Unioto has more talent and more athletes, but I'll take Coach Uhrig and the best PG in the league. SE in a close one.
Best pg in the league is in Piketon. Sherman's roll in this one.

Roger Mink
Freshman Team

Post by Roger Mink »

Miles is very impressive but no doubt, Brabson is the best pg in the league.

steadyEd
Waterboy

Post by steadyEd »

That's great, Brabson is a senior and we're supposed to give the benefit of the doubt to him, I'm just not buying it. He can play, no doubt in my mind, Miles has a better feel for the game and an "it" factor I've never seen from Brabson. Brabson is athletic and can get up and down, really good player... I'll take Miles and we'll see how it plays out.

JIMMY THE GREEK
All Conference

Post by JIMMY THE GREEK »

steadyEd wrote:That's great, Brabson is a senior and we're supposed to give the benefit of the doubt to him, I'm just not buying it. He can play, no doubt in my mind, Miles has a better feel for the game and an "it" factor I've never seen from Brabson. Brabson is athletic and can get up and down, really good player... I'll take Miles and we'll see how it plays out.
Apparently you missed both games last season! Yes, we will see.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Jimmy the Greek wrote:
steadyEd wrote:That's great, Brabson is a senior and we're supposed to give the benefit of the doubt to him, I'm just not buying it. He can play, no doubt in my mind, Miles has a better feel for the game and an "it" factor I've never seen from Brabson. Brabson is athletic and can get up and down, really good player... I'll take Miles and we'll see how it plays out.
Apparently you missed both games last season! Yes, we will see.
I only saw the first game, but Miles played fantastic against Piketon at SE. Handled the pressure all night and was able to knock down a couple shots, while Brabson didn't actually play well. But, Brabson might have been the league's best player during the 2nd round last season, so I'd still give him the edge as an all around player. But Miles isn't far behind, IMO.

bengalfan76
SE

Post by bengalfan76 »

Handled the pressure? They got pounded at SE last year. Lets face it the kid is average pg at best. Sorry take off the Ross county colored glasses. He may be the second best pg in league because there Are not many true pg in the league. Brabson light yeArs ahead of Miles but the kid is a soph.

bellyoption
Freshman Team

Post by bellyoption »

:aaaaa12
Last edited by bellyoption on Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Main Man
Freshman Team

Post by Main Man »

^^^^

That doesnt hurt ......

bellyoption
Freshman Team

Post by bellyoption »

Main Man wrote:^^^^

That doesnt hurt ......
...just laying the facts out there. No harm. :aaaaa124

Softball_skids
Freshman Team

Post by Softball_skids »

Hey bellyoption keep laying those facts out there because you are wrong! Maybe do a little research (or maybe not) if it suits your cause! Just a senior against your "boy"

bengalfan76
SE

Post by bengalfan76 »

Brabsons was not held back. Only seniors on bb team held back were farmer and Moore. Go cry me a river. Keep giving your kids excuses that will carry them far in life.

Return to “Boys Basketball”