Unfriendly Experiences at Vinton County

Sid Farkus
Freshman Team

Unfriendly Experiences at Vinton County

Post by Sid Farkus »

Poster smurray brought this up on another thread. Apparently, Waverly was homered "big time" in McArthur last night. Are there any other posters who have had negative experiences while at Vinton County?

eagles73Taylor
SE

Re: Unfriendly Experiences at Vinton County

Post by eagles73Taylor »

Its Vinton county, what more do you expect? lol

Dos Equis
Waterboy

Post by Dos Equis »

I was once given a swirlie by Buddy Bell at the old high school.................................................

If a black cat crosses my path, it sincerely apologizes. Stay thirsty my friends!

hawkeyepierce
S

Post by hawkeyepierce »

I was once smacked in the face by Mrs. Litter because I said pies aren't square.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

I wouldn't even consider VC as one of the toughest - or unfriendly - gyms in the TVC ...

The Vikings are tough to beat home because they've been a darn good team ... but give me a choice between playing an importnat game at VC - or somewhere like Belpre - it would be VC hands down.

Eaglepapaw
S

Post by Eaglepapaw »

93Bulldog wrote:I wouldn't even consider VC as one of the toughest - or unfriendly - gyms in the TVC ...

The Vikings are tough to beat home because they've been a darn good team ... but give me a choice between playing an importnat game at VC - or somewhere like Belpre - it would be VC hands down.
When is the last time you were at a game in Belpre 93 and what kind of unfriendly experience did you have here?Just curious!

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

The post was meant to be positive Eaglepaw ... it was never "unfriendly" ... just a tough to place to win, which is a compliment.

Eaglepapaw
S

Post by Eaglepapaw »

Thanks for clearing that up 93,misunderstood,thought you were saying you had unfriendly experiences in Belpre.I too have never had unfriendly experience in Vinton although it was always a tough place to win but I always enjoyed playing there when we were in the Ohio.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

One of the best reffed games in the past 5 years ago in a jr high game at VC. Neither ref showed up and a guy out of the stands refereed the game by himself and he was excellent....he also announces for the Vikings. Don't judge him....being a JHS grad helps his case.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

I did enjoy going there in softball (youth league) and the coach's high school daughter umpired from behind the mound and screamed at my 1st base coach "QUIT BEING SO COCKY!!!"

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

Where's Kenny Bixx to shed some light on this when you need him?!?!?!

Come on Kenny, step up here. Preach the VC gospel and show these doubters the truth! :122245 :122245 :122245 :lol: :lol: :lol:

That being said, I will always defer to the wisdom of my true VC friends, some of which have already spoken, in a rather simplistic manner, much to my surprise. :-D

However, the humor in the posts didn't surprise me :lol: :lol: :lol:

fighting_falcon
Freshman Team

Post by fighting_falcon »

It's the TVC. It is a competition between schools to see who gets you the best. After playing in and watching in several TVC gyms over the years I give Athens the nod. Saw several big "upsets" there.

Ty Webb
All State

Post by Ty Webb »

When we were recording the latest episode of the Viking Roundball Podcast, and Coach Combs let a huge stink bomb in the studio that I thought was very unfriendly.

If you'd like to listen to this episode, just click on the link below and press play.....its friendly. (shameless plug).

http://www.dbkmediaservices.com/wordpress/vrbh120312

Steely...we're trying to git Kenny lined up for an interview. That'll be friendly.......or nuts. 8)

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

smack
Riding the Bench

Post by smack »

Sid Farkus wrote:Poster smurray brought this up on another thread. Apparently, Waverly was homered "big time" in McArthur last night. Are there any other posters who have had negative experiences while at Vinton County?
after you made assumptions and said things he didn't say.he then gives you an apology and explains what he meant to say and you still feel the need to start a new thread about it.yes i would say that is unfriendly. :roll:

Kenny Bixx Jr.
Waterboy

Post by Kenny Bixx Jr. »

ive bee n a way for a while. u see i got pull over bcause my gun rack was full of guns. lord i didnt no its illegal to drink beer and drive. but what really did me in was my grandpappys loaded peacemaker under the seat. did you no the whole branch of govtment tracking alchol and firearms, them some unfriendly folks.

i was kicked in my jewels by millie may perry b cause i said she was the ugliest of her 15 sisters, she was unfriendly. the oldest knox boy made fun of my glasses, said i had coke bottle bottoms. he call me Kenny google with the googley googlely eyes. that aint nice. i am just glad to be back and we are back to a sport we can win, go vikings. and be unfriendly, you all.

Xtoxxviii
All State

Post by Xtoxxviii »

Welcome back Kenny, you make SEOP's a better place.

Vinton County always been good to me.

Blackcobra
Freshman Team

Post by Blackcobra »

Was it the people or the refs?, I am being 100% SERIOUS, I feel the refs have gotten worse in the past 5 years, alot of verteran refs are getting out and the newer ones feel the play more of a role in the game than they should. There are some real good objective ones, but they are hard to get. Goodluck near Chilicothe and Southeastern etc, you'll need it.

Return to “Boys Basketball”