Trimble (3-2, 2-1) at Federal Hocking (3-2, 2-1)

Who wins?

Total votes: 0

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Trimble (3-2, 2-1) at Federal Hocking (3-2, 2-1)

Post by 93Bulldog »

Big County clash Friday in Stewart ... both teams need to win in order to stay within striking distance of Belpre.

thoughts?

Power 105
All Conference

Re: Trimble (3-2, 2-1) at Federal Hocking (3-2, 2-1)

Post by Power 105 »

The game will be on Power 105.5 as the Athens County Game of the Week. Tune in online here: http://radio.securenetsystems.net/v4/in ... lSign=WXTQ

freethrow
Varsity

Post by freethrow »

I think that 4 losses win this league.

Super trooper
All State

Post by Super trooper »

I don't think Belpre will lose a league game

ccccc
Waterboy

Post by ccccc »

The belpre coaching staff has done a hell of a job.There jv team was horrible last year and late in the fed hock game they had 3 jv players from last year and one kid that didn't even play last season on the floor. of course fed hock shot horrible from the field and the free throw line. I agree the only game belpre could lose is at fed hock.Granted the league was much better last year, had quite a few really good players.This year carnahan and carney theroloit for belpre not very many for sure.Last season south galia,southern,belpre,waterford,eastern,fed hock and wahama all were a threat to upset or beat any combination of the group.I dont see that this year.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

greatone wrote:I think that 4 losses win this league.
No way ... it will be tough for any team to beat Belpre ... Their front line of 6'5 Leasure, 6'4 Pittenger and 6'3 Therriault is just too much for a lot of teams in the Hocking this year ... when you throw in Hoffman to that mix - it gives the Golden Eagles a pretty darn good team. Fed Hock is right their, they had them on the ropes in the Eagles Nest - which is an extremly tough place to play ... Trimble is scrappy and athletic - but they already lost to Belpre at home and now has to travel down to the river for the rematch.

With the two wins over the 'Cats and Lancers - Belpre is clearly in the drivers seat ... hanging one loss on them will be challenging - and no way do they end up with 4 - I would bet everything I own on that.

eaglefan1
Varsity

Post by eaglefan1 »

I think the only league game Belpre will lose will be against Fed Hock at Fed Hock and they may get upset at Southern or at South Gallia or a game they aren't supposed to lose. If Jake Ullman was still on the team, they would have a shot at 20-2 with Warren being the only 2 losses. That being said, I think Fed Hock wins this game by 12.

eaglefan1
Varsity

Post by eaglefan1 »

93Bulldog wrote:
greatone wrote:I think that 4 losses win this league.
No way ... it will be tough for any team to beat Belpre ... Their front line of 6'5 Leasure, 6'4 Pittenger and 6'3 Therriault is just too much for a lot of teams in the Hocking this year ... when you throw in Hoffman to that mix - it gives the Golden Eagles a pretty darn good team. Fed Hock is right their, they had them on the ropes in the Eagles Nest - which is an extremly tough place to play ... Trimble is scrappy and athletic - but they already lost to Belpre at home and now has to travel down to the river for the rematch.

With the two wins over the 'Cats and Lancers - Belpre is clearly in the drivers seat ... hanging one loss on them will be challenging - and no way do they end up with 4 - I would bet everything I own on that.
Also throw in the most improved player on the team, Austin Forshey, who is more of an offensive threat, and Sam Petty, who is more of a defensive threat. Belpre has 2 good guards that can play pressure D, Petty and obviously Hoffman. Throw in Brennan Ferrell, who is a bit oversized at time, but he plays his role well too. Belpre only goes 7 deep, if Hoffman gets in foul trouble, which he is known to do, a team could definitely upset them. I could see Belpre losing 2 league games, maybe 3. If Leasure is out for an extended period of time, that will leave a lot of the burden on Bryce Pittenger to not get into foul trouble. Belpre only brings one post player off the bench, senior Justin Smith, who has not seen hardly any varsity time, as he played mostly JV last year.

freethrow
Varsity

Post by freethrow »

okay lose at Fed, probably Southern then a team always has a let down some where on the road so they will lose at least another one. The winning team of this league will have at least three losses.

implantcat
Riding the Bench

Post by implantcat »

timble vs. fed?? any comments on that game?

Super trooper
All State

Post by Super trooper »

Fed should win but Trimble is a pretty scrappy team

Remember_The_Name
SEOP

Post by Remember_The_Name »

I wont go against Coach Caldwell, think Fed wins this in a close one, no more that 5

Golfer101
JV Team

Post by Golfer101 »

The CATS will out hustle them.

Super trooper
All State

Post by Super trooper »

Idk about that

ZeekfromCabinCreek
Waterboy

Post by ZeekfromCabinCreek »

Trimble is the only team I know that stacks their JV and the Varsity team struggles because of it. At least2-3 lower classman should be on varsity.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

The JV team is pretty darn good ... its not the first time I have seen a team try and keep a class (or certain group of players) together ... it may pay off for the 'Cats down the road if the starting five on the JV team play together all 4 years.

ZeekfromCabinCreek
Waterboy

Post by ZeekfromCabinCreek »

That's true but there are 5 juniors playing down on reserve. Don't know that's such a good way to build your program. The moral of the team doesn't help much either. The kids have absolutely no respect for Curt
Moore. They're a good group of kids. Hopefully some good changes in the future for the cats.

King of Kings
Freshman Team

Post by King of Kings »

ZeekfromCabinCreek wrote:That's true but there are 5 juniors playing down on reserve. Don't know that's such a good way to build your program. The moral of the team doesn't help much either. The kids have absolutely no respect for Curt
Moore. They're a good group of kids. Hopefully some good changes in the future for the cats.
Zeek,
Trimble starts 4 sophomores and 1 freshman on the jv team. They are very solid. 3 juniors also play on the jv and another freshman. All the games i have seen the juniors come off the bench. Coach Kittle is also an excellent coach. I think he has gone 16-4 and 17-3 the last two seasons. U shouldn't knock what they are accomplishing. I'm not sure why in today's society everyone always has to insert a but or an if. Fact is they are good and they would be a handful for any jv team with or without 3 juniors. Not everyday a jv team has a 2 kids over 6-4 a fast point guard who is a freak athlete. Combined with 1 sophmore and 1 freshman who can play in all 5 positions. This group gives coach Kittle alot of choices. Which I know he will make the most out of it. He always does

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

TCAT1000+ wrote:Coach Kittle is also an excellent coach. I think he has gone 16-4 and 17-3 the last two seasons. This group gives coach Kittle alot of choices. Which I know he will make the most out of it. He always does
Too bad he couldn't hit a curve ball as well as he coaches ... our All-Star team would have won more games!

King of Kings
Freshman Team

Post by King of Kings »

He never did like that curve ball. Especially from a righty!! :)

Return to “Boys Basketball”