Oak Hill at Minford 1/15/13

OHOak
Waterboy

Oak Hill at Minford 1/15/13

Post by OHOak »

Congrats to the Oaks on a nice win last night against burg. This tough stretch of games continues Tuesday at Minford. I'm expecting another battle to the end against the Falcons.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Re: Oak Hill at Minford 1/15/13

Post by Bleeding Red »

It will be a good game.

I will take Minford by 6. The Oaks can stop McCray. They can stop McBee. They cant stop them both!

here4fun
Varsity

Post by here4fun »

Bleeding Red wrote:It will be a good game.

I will take Minford by 6. The Oaks can stop McCray. They can stop McBee. They cant stop them both!
Oh yes they can and Oak Hill will stop them if given the chance that would be minfords mistake going into this game thinking that McCray and McBee both cant be stoped....

Lightle04
SE

Post by Lightle04 »

Oak Hill can keep up with McBee but there is no one on there team that matches up with Mcray . The Oaks have to make it a track meet to make him a non factor.

Eaglesnest
All State

Post by Eaglesnest »

Falcons should win, but I think Norm will make a huge difference in this game just as he did the Valley game. I'll take the OAks by 3

eagles 89
Waterboy

Post by eagles 89 »

Minford has way too much for Oak hill. This game might be close early, but I look for Minford to pull away and win by 15 to 18. Oak Hill would have to shoot about 65% to win this game

Falcon Fury
Freshman Team

Post by Falcon Fury »

I'm going to take my Falcons for the WIN! Oak Hill may be able to stop either McCray or McBee, but I don't think Oak Hill can stop both of them. Even if Oak Hill does stop McCray and McBee, the Falcons have other players that will step up.

Look for this game to be a good one, but the Falcons will take the WIN! GO FIGHT WIN FALCONS!! Work hard boys and stay focused!

Lightle04
SE

Post by Lightle04 »

Huge game for the Falcons as the #7 ranked Oak Hill Oaks come to town. Good luck to both teams.

KingoftheCourts
Riding the Bench

Post by KingoftheCourts »

What a game on Friday!!!!
The boys never gave up and came out playing ball after halftime.
Great win!!!!

This will be a very challenging week for the Falcons. We have the Oaks at home on Tuesday and the Valley Indians away on Friday. It will be very important for the boys to take them one game at a time!
Oak Hill has a good team that has speed and shooting skills to go with it.
The Falcons defense has been top notch and will have to be for the rest of the season - no letting up!!!!
Our shooting has been getting better and better and that includes all of the bench that has been coming in and "lighting it up".
We need to continue getting the ball into McCray! I agree with Falcon Fury - they can't shut both McCray and McBee down and "IF" they would - the rest of the team will make up for them and you can't stop the whole team!

I'll take my Falcons by 12+!
Go Falcons! Beat Oaks!

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

KingoftheCourts wrote:What a game on Friday!!!!
The boys never gave up and came out playing ball after halftime.
Great win!!!!

This will be a very challenging week for the Falcons. We have the Oaks at home on Tuesday and the Valley Indians away on Friday. It will be very important for the boys to take them one game at a time!
Oak Hill has a good team that has speed and shooting skills to go with it.
The Falcons defense has been top notch and will have to be for the rest of the season - no letting up!!!!
Our shooting has been getting better and better and that includes all of the bench that has been coming in and "lighting it up".
We need to continue getting the ball into McCray! I agree with Falcon Fury - they can't shut both McCray and McBee down and "IF" they would - the rest of the team will make up for them and you can't stop the whole team!

I'll take my Falcons by 12+!
Go Falcons! Beat Oaks!
That is what I like about getting the ball down low to McCray down low consistently. Sooner or later the defense has to double team him from the zone and that leaves open shooters on the perimeter. Not to mention McBee can knock down threes or he can drive to the rim from the weak side and get to the rim quite easily when McCray draws the double team.

mglight88
SE

Post by mglight88 »

Let's go Falcons!

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

Anyone gonna be doing updates?

Falcon Fury
Freshman Team

Post by Falcon Fury »

TIME TO SHINE FALCONS!! Fight for every possession tonight RED. Play with intensity! GET PUMPED BOYS! Get the ball into McCray and when the defense crashes it'll open up our outside shooters!! Play SMART & play HARD! GO FIGHT WIN FALCONS!!!

js7_22
Varsity

Post by js7_22 »

I'll take Oak Hill by 8 points tonight. One person alone will not be the deciding factor. Concentrate on McBee and limit the points and do your best on McCray, the kid can't be on the court the entire game. Keep the tempo high and wear him out. I like Oak Hill in this one.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

JS7_22 wrote:I'll take Oak Hill by 8 points tonight. One person alone will not be the deciding factor. Concentrate on McBee and limit the points and do your best on McCray, the kid can't be on the court the entire game. Keep the tempo high and wear him out. I like Oak Hill in this one.
You will be surprise how long the big man can stay on the court in an up tempo game.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Falcon Fury wrote:TIME TO SHINE FALCONS!! Fight for every possession tonight RED. Play with intensity! GET PUMPED BOYS! Get the ball into McCray and when the defense crashes it'll open up our outside shooters!! Play SMART & play HARD! GO FIGHT WIN FALCONS!!!
The offense needs to continue to go through McCray and McBee on every possession.

I would also like to see Minford push the full court press some tonight too. I know that Oak Hill is athletic but Minford's press is nasty to break through. The press has caused fits for every team they have pressed this year and I think it would help to have stints in the game to make Oak Hill work to get the ball past half court.

Falcon Fury
Freshman Team

Post by Falcon Fury »

Bleeding Red wrote:
Falcon Fury wrote:TIME TO SHINE FALCONS!! Fight for every possession tonight RED. Play with intensity! GET PUMPED BOYS! Get the ball into McCray and when the defense crashes it'll open up our outside shooters!! Play SMART & play HARD! GO FIGHT WIN FALCONS!!!
The offense needs to continue to go through McCray and McBee on every possession.

I would also like to see Minford push the full court press some tonight too. I know that Oak Hill is athletic but Minford's press is nasty to break through. The press has caused fits for every team they have pressed this year and I think it would help to have stints in the game to make Oak Hill work to get the ball past half court.
Red, you're right the offense MUST go through McCray and McBee! The Falcons have Stapleton who has stepped up on the nights teams have denied McBee the ball and done a great job playing that role.

Minford tried to put the press on against West and they also played man and was down 13 at the half. The second half Minford went zone and won. From the games I've seen with a team like Oak Hill, Minford does not match up man to man. Another example is the Valley game. Minford tried to press and run with Valley and lost. The Falcons played Webster in a man, but lost that one as well. I look for Minford to play their wide zone. The Falcons have a mean zone that has brought them great wins this season. If it's not broke, don't fix it!

KingoftheCourts
Riding the Bench

Post by KingoftheCourts »

It's GAME DAY boys!!!!
It's almost "Basketball :30"!!!!
I have a good feeling on this one! I hear practices are going great with everyone contributing and that's what we need right now!
Everyone must give their 100% on the court tonight!

JS7_22, you will be surprised on how long McCray can last in the game! He is a BEAST! and McBee NEVER leaves the floor and is always playing in top speed!
The boys all need to continue playing together and encouraging each other when a teammate does something good.

I too hope the boys use their press..........very hard for other teams to break............causes LOTS of turnovers! Drives teams CRAZY!

Play with intensity! Play passion! Play for your team!

Go Falcons!
Beat Oaks!

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

Oak Hill takes care of the ball and has either 4 or 5 ball handlers on the floor at all times, so pressing them is not the best game plan. They are all athletic and run well, so in that aspect of the game, Minford would not be too successful IMO. Oak Hill doesn't have a player that matches up with McCray, but on the other end, McCray doesn't match up well with any of the Oaks. I think Minford playing zone would be the best option. If Oak Hill shoots well from the outside they can win, but if not it will be close. Oak Hill is definately over rated at #6, but having Coach Norm on the sidelines will get you more recognition than you deserve. Should be a good one!

Oakgrad
Waterboy

Post by Oakgrad »

I think the oaks will take this one.
65-54

Return to “Boys Basketball”