Minford @ Valley January 18th

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Minford @ Valley January 18th

Post by Bleeding Red »

Biggest game of the year in the SOC II so far will be Friday night in Lucasville. The winner will have a clear shot of at least a share of the championship.

Valley is very athletic. Minford will look much different than they did when Valley came to town in December.

I will take the Falcons by 8+.

Falcon Fury
Freshman Team

Re: Minford @ Valley January 18th

Post by Falcon Fury »

Great post Red!

Minford is very much a different ball club than what Valley saw the first game in December. I can't wait to see this match up on Friday night as it's been a good match up for the past couple years! Big game for the Falcons!

Get prepared boys and get focused! I do think Minford has found their game and is playing very well right now.

The SOC II is still up for grabs! GO FALCONS!!

KingoftheCourts
Riding the Bench

Post by KingoftheCourts »

This is going to be the "BIGGEST GAME AROUND"! One HOT ticket!
Better get there early because this is guaranteed to be one sold out show!

My Falcons are looking better and better each game! I agree with the above that this is a very different team compared to what they were the first time these 2 teams met. But, if you remember, Minford led almost the whole game during the last meeting so I look for them to come out on top this time.

We need to push the ball down the floor and continue feeding McCray! I don't care who's on him - McCray is hard to beat!
AND REBOUND!!!!!!!!!!!!
We need to rebound!!!!!!!!!!
Everyone is going to have to play team ball and keep each other up!
Like I said before, the boys need to practice hard and get their rest because we all know this is going to be a physical game! The winner of this matchup will be put in a good position for first place in the SOC!

I think it will be a tight game, but I'll take my Falcons by 12+.

Gonna get there early to cheer on my Falcons!

Go Falcons!
Beat Indians!
Last edited by KingoftheCourts on Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Gullion really stepped up last night in the rebounding department. I agree the ball isnt going to McCray enough. Against Burg they lobbed it in to him regardless on how the defense is playing him and he still scored. When he didnt score he was drawing fouls and he is a good free throw shooter for his size.

Minford will have to protect against turnovers to beat Valley. Too many turnovers against Valley in the first match up. I am sure that Valley is also improved since the first meeting against Minford, but I still like Minford in this one if they limit turnovers and McCray gets his touches.

here4fun
Varsity

Post by here4fun »

Bleeding Red wrote:Gullion really stepped up last night in the rebounding department. I agree the ball isnt going to McCray enough. Against Burg they lobbed it in to him regardless on how the defense is playing him and he still scored. When he didnt score he was drawing fouls and he is a good free throw shooter for his size.

Minford will have to protect against turnovers to beat Valley. Too many turnovers against Valley in the first match up. I am sure that Valley is also improved since the first meeting against Minford, but I still like Minford in this one if they limit turnovers and McCray gets his touches.

Dunn has the answer for McCray he wont run wild like he has been in other games.....!!!!!!

Falcon Fury
Freshman Team

Post by Falcon Fury »

Dunn's a great player, no doubt. I still think that if Minford can get McCray his touches, McCray will give Dunn all he wants. McCray's just too stout and can move for a big man his size. I haven't seen a big man stop him yet! I look for this to be a good ballgame that will come down to the final seconds.

The first match up Minford didn't go inside hardly at all and relied on the guards to score. I believe this will be a whole different ballgame on Friday night in the way the Falcons play (compared to the way the Falcons played in the first match up). The Falcons are playing a different style of ball. Don't doubt the Falcons as they are very capable of pulling off the WIN!

GO FALCONS!

juanmorales
JV Team

Post by juanmorales »

GO INDIANS!!

Lovetheroundball
Riding the Bench

Post by Lovetheroundball »

From what I have seen in the first game and last years games McCray has difficulty guarding Dunn because Dunn can hit the outside shot and is quicker. Dunn pulls McCray away from the basket and McCray always ends up in foul trouble. Yes Dunn might have trouble stopping McCray but not if McCray is on the bench in foul trouble. Also the main difference in the first game was when Rolfe was in the game along with West and Howard Minford guards seemed to have problems with Valleys length. No way Minford wins by double digits. Valley by 4. If Minford does win will be on last second shot.

Hitops2.0
Varsity

Post by Hitops2.0 »

being a diehard valley fan ...i hope valley wins by one or 21 a win is a win.....now for the boys to do it they will have to stop dribble penetration which against South Webster they did not and made Cook a factor ....against waverly tuesday the defense played on jp white was outstanding in the second half ...he finished with 19 but most of the 3's were first half ....valleys length and quickness bothered him in second half ....valley can put 3 players long and quick on mcbee... Use howard on gullion maybe and run all our bigs at mccray and see what happens .....looking forward to a very very good game .... and hope valley can find the free throw gods and bank a few in if they have to ....

Forgot to mention i want to see mcbee throw one down two handed ...read somewhere on here he did in warmups ...thats cool .... Players around here are working hard to be in shape and dunk ...valley has several getting stronger on their attempts also

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

HItops wrote:being a diehard valley fan ...i hope valley wins by one or 21 a win is a win.....now for the boys to do it they will have to stop dribble penetration which against South Webster they did not and made Cook a factor ....against waverly tuesday the defense played on jp white was outstanding in the second half ...he finished with 19 but most of the 3's were first half ....valleys length and quickness bothered him in second half ....valley can put 3 players long and quick on mcbee... Use howard on gullion maybe and run all our bigs at mccray and see what happens .....looking forward to a very very good game .... and hope valley can find the free throw gods and bank a few in if they have to ....

Forgot to mention i want to see mcbee throw one down two handed ...read somewhere on here he did in warmups ...thats cool .... Players around here are working hard to be in shape and dunk ...valley has several getting stronger on their attempts also
McBee can throw it down with 2 hands, as he has done in warmups. The one handed dunks are easy for him, as well as 3 other kids on the team.

Minford by 11. McCray will have his way underneath. I hope Valley plans to defend the same Minford offense they saw in December.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Here4Fun wrote:
Bleeding Red wrote:Gullion really stepped up last night in the rebounding department. I agree the ball isnt going to McCray enough. Against Burg they lobbed it in to him regardless on how the defense is playing him and he still scored. When he didnt score he was drawing fouls and he is a good free throw shooter for his size.

Dunn has the answer for McCray he wont run wild like he has been in other games.....!!!!!!
Dunn is a solid player. He will not however match up well with McCray. The amount of touches McCray SHOULD get Friday night will be far more than what Valley saw in the December match up. If Valley puts 2 guys on McCray, there will be open shooters all night on the perimeter.

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

Bleeding Red wrote:
HItops wrote:being a diehard valley fan ...i hope valley wins by one or 21 a win is a win.....now for the boys to do it they will have to stop dribble penetration which against South Webster they did not and made Cook a factor ....against waverly tuesday the defense played on jp white was outstanding in the second half ...he finished with 19 but most of the 3's were first half ....valleys length and quickness bothered him in second half ....valley can put 3 players long and quick on mcbee... Use howard on gullion maybe and run all our bigs at mccray and see what happens .....looking forward to a very very good game .... and hope valley can find the free throw gods and bank a few in if they have to ....

McBee can throw it down with 2 hands, as he has done in warmups. The one handed dunks are easy for him, as well as 3 other kids on the team.

Minford by 11. McCray will have his way underneath. I hope Valley plans to defend the same Minford offense they saw in December.

Based on what? I get that you are a big Minford fan but come on. The Falcons may very well win this game. They are very good.

The first time around you predicted a double digit Falcon win. You were obviously wrong. In the first matchup, Dunn dropped 20 on McCray and that was 3 weeks after injuring his ankle in the Regional Finals. I get that the Falcons are a different team and all that, but so is Valley. In the first game Valley was 4-15 from 3 and 6-16 from the foul line. Minford is not the only team to get better. Minford has the talent to win this game and win the league, but to say that McCray will have his way with a player that owned him the first time around and that Minford will beat a team by double figures that already beat them on their home court is just being a homer.

Bo_Diaz
JV Team

Post by Bo_Diaz »

I hope Minford thinks they are seeing the same team. That team was barely 2 weeks removed from the football field.

How is it that Dunn will not match up well with McCray when he out played him the first meeting? Why would Valley have to put two guys on McCray? Don't get me wrong, the kid can play but Dunn is the only true post that McCray has played in the league and he has struggled with Dunn in the past. I have no doubt that this will be a great game and very closely contested. I just don't understand why Minford is improved from the last meeting and Valley is not. I'm sure both teams have made adjustments, but these two teams are evenly matched.

Bo_Diaz
JV Team

Post by Bo_Diaz »

Crab's brother wrote:

The first time around you predicted a double digit Falcon win. You were obviously wrong. In the first matchup, Dunn dropped 20 on McCray and that was 3 weeks after injuring his ankle in the Regional Finals. I get that the Falcons are a different team and all that, but so is Valley. In the first game Valley was 4-15 from 3 and 6-16 from the foul line. Minford is not the only team to get better. Minford has the talent to win this game and win the league, but to say that McCray will have his way with a player that owned him the first time around and that Minford will beat a team by double figures that already beat them on their home court is just being a homer.
That sounds about right! I'll be there Friday night. The first home game that I've seen in about a month. I'm anxious to hear how this announcing has progressed! Keep up the good work... It's a heck of a lot better than the last guy! :lol:

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

Bo_Diaz wrote:
Crab's brother wrote:

That sounds about right! I'll be there Friday night. The first home game that I've seen in about a month. I'm anxious to hear how this announcing has progressed! Keep up the good work... It's a heck of a lot better than the last guy! :lol:

:122245 :122245 :122245

here4fun
Varsity

Post by here4fun »

Bo_Diaz wrote:I hope Minford thinks they are seeing the same team. That team was barely 2 weeks removed from the football field.

How is it that Dunn will not match up well with McCray when he out played him the first meeting? Why would Valley have to put two guys on McCray? Don't get me wrong, the kid can play but Dunn is the only true post that McCray has played in the league and he has struggled with Dunn in the past. I have no doubt that this will be a great game and very closely contested. I just don't understand why Minford is improved from the last meeting and Valley is not. I'm sure both teams have made adjustments, but these two teams are evenly matched.
You know its minford last year Valley beat them 3 times and each time they said they was better then Valley.This year Valley has beat them once and minford still say they are better seems to be a pattern there . They may or may not win this game but to keep making the predictions they are making is crazy..... :roll:

KingoftheCourts
Riding the Bench

Post by KingoftheCourts »

Single digits or double digits - I could care less - I just want my Falcons to win!!!!

And it's not a matter of "who owns who" it's a matter of who wins - and.... I just want my Falcons to win!!!!

I expect it to be an AWESOME ball game till the end - and that's what we pay for - and.... I just want my Falcons to win!!!!

It's important to remind the boys to show good sportsmanship and play hard because when it's all over their all still friends!

By the way HiTops, McBee puts on quite a show when he throws it down! One handed or two handed it's pretty sweet to see a 5'11 kid throw it down!!!!

Go Falcons!
Beat Indians! :aaaaa26

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

KingoftheCourts wrote:Single digits or double digits - I could care less - I just want my Falcons to win!!!!

And it's not a matter of "who owns who" it's a matter of who wins - and.... I just want my Falcons to win!!!!

I expect it to be an AWESOME ball game till the end - and that's what we pay for - and.... I just want my Falcons to win!!!!

It's important to remind the boys to show good sportsmanship and play hard because when it's all over their all still friends!

By the way HiTops, McBee puts on quite a show when he throws it down! One handed or two handed it's pretty sweet to see a 5'11 kid throw it down!!!!

Go Falcons!
Beat Indians! :aaaaa26
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tigerSTRIPEZzz
Riding the Bench

Post by tigerSTRIPEZzz »

Animal pride. Go Falcons!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Crab's brother wrote:
Bleeding Red wrote:

Based on what? I get that you are a big Minford fan but come on. The Falcons may very well win this game. They are very good.

Ah its just a prediction. As you very well know high school sports are hard to predict when it comes to good teams. I very well thought that Valley would have their way with LU in the playoffs but a couple of turnovers here or there and the ball bouncing the wrong way and a good team comes up on the losing end.

Valley might surprise me and shut the inside down, but I will take my chances that they do not.

On the flip side Valley has a couple kids that can score points in bunches if they let them, so Minford will have to play very tough defense to not let Valley match them score for score. Defense was definitely lacking in the first match up but since Minford has found their tempo defensively.

Regardless of predictions, it should be a great match up.

Return to “Boys Basketball”