SEOPS HOF

Re: When is the date that Warren will win the Div II champio

Post by Raider6309 »

Never

Schnellfritz
Varsity

Post by Schnellfritz »

never is a good answer. We will see. Fervor and the desire to win will determine the end this discussion.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

They need to focus and win a district 1st one game at a time.

WarriorBlue
Varsity

Post by WarriorBlue »

RAIDER6309 wrote:Never
How many times has Athens won a district title? Prolly not since Coach Mac strolled the sidelines for the green and gold. Win or lose the Warriors will play hard and play with pride just like they've done all year. I realize this winning thing is new for Athens (since joining the weak TVC) but really show a little class

GO BIG BAD BLUE!

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

If they win districts then all bets are off, but I don't see it happening this season.

Native Warrior
Freshman Team

Post by Native Warrior »

Easy there Schnellfritz, as a long time Warrior fan myself, I believe we need to worry about Unioto first. Remember this team has not proved anything ...YET. They have not achieved anymore than past Warrior teams except most wins in regular season.With that being said, I believe this years Warriors have the potential to make it to regionals. Lets' just take it one game at a time and believe that our Warren Warriors will give us a tournament to remember. Good Luck to Coach Maddox and TEAM WARRIORS and know that WARRIOR NATION is behind you 100%. GO BLUE !!!

Golfer101
JV Team

Post by Golfer101 »

With post like this they will never win one because they will have a huge bulls-eye on their back now. You won one sectional game it is a little early to start talking smack. I would be worried about the Tanks who are going to be extremely hungry for the win in the district. Win a regional championship at least before you start smack talking.

32, 16, 6
JV Team

Post by 32, 16, 6 »

I dont think its talkin smack, I think its wanting something positive to read. Warren has potential. They have a bullseye whether we want to admit it or not. We meet our opponits one at a time. We buy into a system of we can and we will. We set our personal feelings aside and we walk om the court as one. Win or lose we carry ourselves with dignity. The convo has never been our friend. Its big court takes away the closeness comfort zone. It makes strong players feel week and alone.

We know our biggest foe isnt the other team its overcoming the negativity of not having been there. It doesnt matter what the previous teams have done. Its what we do today! RISE ABOVE BLUE, MAKE A STATEMENT, WE CAME TOGETHER AS ONE, NOW RISE ABOVE!

Grinder
Freshman Team

Post by Grinder »

Unioto says thanks for the bulletin board material!

WarriorBlue
Varsity

Post by WarriorBlue »

Grinder wrote:Unioto says thanks for the bulletin board material!
Bulletin Board Matetial! Kinda reaching ain't we? I have yet to see ANY bashing of ANY team the Warriors have played this season.
If there is anything I know about this team is that these boys and this coaching staff are humble, hard working and will play with great Warrior Pride. They play team ball. They play within the "Warrior System". Evan French playing with lesser teams would average 30 ppg. He like all the other kids on this team do WHATEVER they are ask of. If that means take less shots or tonight D up the opponents best player, Or even play less minuets tonight, I've seen them all do it. It starts with our AMAZING senior class. By definition these kids are winners. Dylan Leffingwell, Evan Yabs, Adam Lang, Danny Panell, and Matt Drayer. These kids have shown exceptional leadership.

32, 16, 6
JV Team

Post by 32, 16, 6 »

Well stated Warrior Blue!

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Grinder wrote:Unioto says thanks for the bulletin board material!
It's Unioto's first time at the Convo since 2001 and they are playing the favorite in the district and a state ranked team, I doubt they need anything to get them fired up for Friday's game.

Sid Farkus
Freshman Team

Post by Sid Farkus »

Warren always chokes come tourney time and this year will be no different. How many times have they been the #1 seed only to blow it?

Grinder
Freshman Team

Post by Grinder »

You heard me bulletin board material. What else would you call it? It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that you don't think anyone is standing in your way.

32, 16, 6
JV Team

Post by 32, 16, 6 »

Grinder, your lookin at this thru a clowded glass. Its a question, as to when. If it were bulliten board material it would be a statement. With a date. Maybe even an invitation to join in on a celebration. It clearly isnt anything of the such. We as Warriors know all to well what can happen if you look past any team. We know how hard it is to play at the convo. We even know Schnellfritz!

Who teaches their kids to go in with a losing attitude? No One! There wont be one single team that walks into that building just being happy to get there. They all want to win.

Decorations are nice, but if theres one other thing weve learned at Warren. We celebrate when were done.

Steel Reserve
Riding the Bench

Post by Steel Reserve »

32, 16, 6 wrote:
Who teaches their kids to go in with a losing attitude?
Judging by his tournament record, I'd say Blaine Maddox is the answer to that question!

Native Warrior
Freshman Team

Post by Native Warrior »

Exactly what is Blaine Maddox' tournament record Reserve ? How does it compare to other coaches in SEO ? I am waiting for Steel Reserve to answer that question.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

WarriorBlue wrote:
RAIDER6309 wrote:Never
How many times has Athens won a district title? Prolly not since Coach Mac strolled the sidelines for the green and gold. Win or lose the Warriors will play hard and play with pride just like they've done all year. I realize this winning thing is new for Athens (since joining the weak TVC) but really show a little class

GO BIG BAD BLUE!
lol, u really think u will win state? what's your convo record? it sucks. dont hate that athens has a better post season record than u. i've watched warren suck in convo for years. always the top seed. so dont act like an elitist, that warren is god. just big fish, small pond

Return to “Boys Basketball”