2-11 South Webster at Minford

mglight88
SE

2-11 South Webster at Minford

Post by mglight88 »

Rescheduled fom a snow day. Thoughts?
I think the Falcons can get the win tonight to remain tie for the conference title.
Go Falcons!

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Re: 2-11 South Webster at Minford

Post by Bleeding Red »

Hopefully Minford plays up tempo and pushes the ball to get up early on the Jeeps. Everyone knows if the Jeeps get an early lead they will let the air out of the ball. They would be happy winning 10-9 lol.

I dont think SW has an answer for McCray if they get the ball into him consistently. If Minford plays with the same focus and intensity they did vs West, I like Minford by 10. If not, it will be a low scoring game and those always scare the daylights out of me ;-)

Gotta limit turnovers and get after it on defense and make SW play aggressively offensively vs letting SW's offense play stall ball.

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

Dyer is going to have to shut McCray down and beat him down the floor for Webster to win this one

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

25-22 Minford at the half.

Lightle04
SE

Post by Lightle04 »

Sounds like a great game.

mglight88
SE

Post by mglight88 »

Minford defeated South Webster 56-47

here4fun
Varsity

Post by here4fun »

Since Minford has lost 3 times and Valley has lost 3 times and if Minford drops one to Oakhill will they still get a share of the SOC ?
Last edited by here4fun on Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

Impressive goal tend by Gullion to kill the jeeps momentum

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

swanker: yep, that was a HUGE play. Dont' know if it was a goaltending, but a bucket there and Webster would've cut the lead to 2pts with about 2 minutes left in the 3rd quarter. Instead Minford goes on a 6-0 run to push the lead to 10pts at the end of the 3rd quarter and the Jeeps never recovered.

Solid win for Minford. Webster needs to finish strong and beat West Friday night and then get some rest before the second season begins.*

Tripleplay
Freshman Team

Post by Tripleplay »

Even though they lost to Valley on Friday and Minford tonight, I believe Coach Ater has done an outstanding job with these young men at SW. After losing Swords, not many people thought they would win many games. But up until last Friday they were in the pack of teams fighting for the conference championship. Salisbury, Cook, Goddard, Dyer, Fuller, Norman and Queen have played with a lot of heart. They have believed in the system and had positive results. The guys deserve to have a nice tournament run!

Good win by the Falcons tonight and good luck in the Div III tournament. I'm so happy we compete in Div IV. So many good teams in SE District. Just a couple of weeks and march madness high school style begins.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

The Goddard kid is a heck of a shooter and I agree that SW's staff has done a great job with the team this year.

SW had no answer for McCray. He pretty much did what ever he wanted in the post that was a heck of a block by Gullion! Gullion really played scrappy under the rim and had quite a few boards.

I knew if Minford could keep SW from letting the air out of the ball the second half they were fine. SW isnt real aggressive offensively and they looked uncomfortable trying to push the tempo to match Minford's scoring.

Rowe had a great game. Has that young man matured over the season or what? He started with little confidence early in the year, but now you can see him really have some swag on the floor.

SOCFAN1430
Varsity

Post by SOCFAN1430 »

Bleeding Red wrote: Rowe had a great game. Has that young man matured over the season or what? He started with little confidence early in the year, but now you can see him really have some swag on the floor.
I've heard the same from several people about the improvement that he's made since game 1. I've only had the chance to see Minford a couple times this year, but Rowe is without a doubt the future of the program at Minford.

Falcon Fury
Freshman Team

Post by Falcon Fury »

Great Job Falcons!

Great block by Gullion! Gullion played well crashing the boards for the Falcons and really got after it the entire ball game.

Rowe played very well for the Falcons. His confidence has grown so much since the beginning of season and I'm looking forward to watching him improve his game over the next 3 years. He's going to be a stud if he keeps working hard.

McCray as always, worked hard every second on the floor and really had a great game battling Dyer underneath. Although he and Dyer battled underneath, I didn't think Webster had the guys to stop him offensively. I think he finished with 18 pts.

It was very evident that McBee cared about winning more than anything else. He got everyone involved and lead the team.

Good Luck to Webster in the tournments. Their coach has done a fine job with the Webster ball club. Those boys played hard last night!

Great team win for the Falcons! It comes down to Friday night Falcons! The Oaks will be ready, we've got to prepare this week and get focused!! Good Luck boys!

GO! FIGHT! WIN! FALCONS!

juanmorales
JV Team

Post by juanmorales »

Minford fans are going to say it was a block, SW fans are going to say it was a goaltend. I'm not a fan of either but I was there last night and that was OBVIOUSLY a goaltend. The ball hit the backboard FIRST then the kid pinned it. That no call was a big time game changer. Took the wind right out of SW and Minford capitalized. Not saying SW would have won, but Minford would have been in a dog fight. How the guy missed that goaltend, I will never know!!

transplant
SE

Post by transplant »

That wasn't the only called that went in favor of the Falcons by that guy during that stretch. I am not saying they were bad calls or anything, but they could have changed things a little. But you are right, it was a game changing play. I was a not a fan of either team, and i thought the ball hit the back board first, but thats just my opinion. But, Minford was just too much for Webster down the stretch. Webster played with them in the first half and then ran out of gas. Webster will make a good run in the tournament, as well as Minford. Good luck to both teams.

NewEra
All Conference
Location: Hickory, Indiana - I know everything there is to know about the greatest game ever invented.

Post by NewEra »

A lot of special basketball to be played in Minford for the next few years, with kids like Rowe, Gullion, Alley, Kelly, etc.

transplant
SE

Post by transplant »

And dont forget to add the current 8th graders to that mix, they are a very talented group. Very athletic and a lot of basketall knowledge. The future looks bright....

D4hero
Freshman Team

Post by D4hero »

transplant wrote:And dont forget to add the current 8th graders to that mix, they are a very talented group. Very athletic and a lot of basketall knowledge. The future looks bright....

And don't forget any transfers that may come in.. With Stapleton from Portsmouth and Rowe from Eastern, I wonder what Shumacker has up his sleeve this year!

KingoftheCourts
Riding the Bench

Post by KingoftheCourts »

What a game last night!
These boys have really come together at the right time!

McCray was an animal coming off the boards! McBee lead the team on the floor, Gullion was a blocking animal, and Rowe was a beast on both sides of the court!
This is exactly what we need right now! What a difference a few games can make.
Whatever changes Shoemaker has made with this team - he needs to keep. The combination of boys that he has playing together right now is just what we've needed!

Friday is a HUGE game for the Falcons! We can bring home the SOC title on Friday!
The boys just need to keep playing the way the have and this title is theirs!
Lots of excitement in Minford!

The future definately looks bright in Minford!
So proud to be a Falcon!

Let's Go Falcons!
Beat the Oaks! :aaaaa26

KingoftheCourts
Riding the Bench

Post by KingoftheCourts »

D4hero wrote:
transplant wrote:And dont forget to add the current 8th graders to that mix, they are a very talented group. Very athletic and a lot of basketall knowledge. The future looks bright....

And don't forget any transfers that may come in.. With Stapleton from Portsmouth and Rowe from Eastern, I wonder what Shumacker has up his sleeve this year!

D4hero:

I don't think that Shoemaker had anything (personally) to do with Rowe and Stapleton transferring in to Minford, I think they both made the choice on their own and for their own reasons. I think they seen what a special team the Falcons was going to be this year and for the next few years and came onboard. But, a winning season and a very bright future does attract transfers. Everyone wants to win and looking at what our team currently has and what we have coming up - the Falcons will be STATE bound in the next 4 years and you can take that to the bank!!!!

Return to “Boys Basketball”