SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Crooksville(12-12) vs Minford(19-4) 3/2 @ Convo

Post by EasternDspy »

This is a district semi final 3:30 tip

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Re: Crooksville(12-12) vs Minford(19-4) 3/2 @ Convo

Post by danicalifornia »

Once you reach the Convo, I think the seeds are tossed out the window. More times than not, you would have to have beaten a pretty solid team to get there and Crooksville did just that last night.

I will be taking Minford by a dozen, but anything can and has happened at the Convo, as I can remember a couple of low seeds make nice runs when they get hot at the right time. I just think McBee and McCray will be too much to handle.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Crooksville has an answer at the 5 and 1 for Mcbee and McCray but I think Mibford has the advantage with Kenton Guilom.

juanmorales
JV Team

Post by juanmorales »

You kidding me? This ain't even gonna be a game. McBee scores 30 and Minford wins this by at least 20!!!!!!

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Seriously? Have you even seen Crooksville play? They have good guards Jago and Lake Channel and great big in Swingle. They are way better then their record because they play in MVL with mostly D1 and D2 schools. I think Minford wins by bout 10 in a close game.

SOCMAN05
Freshman Team

Post by SOCMAN05 »

Let the HYPE begin.......... MINFORD BIG!!!!!!!!!!

mglight88
SE

Post by mglight88 »

I see Minford jumping out of the gate in this one. Love the convo!

Jesco White
S

Post by Jesco White »

As is often a huge key at the Convo, the first team to get acclimated to the floor and depth perception on their shots, will gain an advantage that has been the great equalizer in previously perceived "mismatches" in years past. I believe Minford has the type of talent to run a lot of teams out of the gym when they are clicking on all cylinders. The Falcons have also shown significant flaws in stretches this year. The Ceramics are absolutely good enough to win this game, but I believe Minford will have to play flawed for extended stretches Saturday in order for that to happen.

I'll take Minford by 8-15 depending on late free throws.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Jesco White wrote:As is often a huge key at the Convo, the first team to get acclimated to the floor and depth perception on their shots, will gain an advantage that has been the great equalizer in previously perceived "mismatches" in years past. I believe Minford has the type of talent to run a lot of teams out of the gym when they are clicking on all cylinders. The Falcons have also shown significant flaws in stretches this year. The Ceramics are absolutely good enough to win this game, but I believe Minford will have to play flawed for extended stretches Saturday in order for that to happen.

I'll take Minford by 8-15 depending on late free throws.

Very good points Jesco. Much different than playing in most high school gyms.

Consistency in scoring will be vital in this game for the Falcons. They cant have 3-4 trips down the floor without getting points. I dont know much about Crooksville but I hope Minford can run the floor and score in transition. In the end I think they get it done.

NewEra
All Conference
Location: Hickory, Indiana - I know everything there is to know about the greatest game ever invented.

Post by NewEra »

Minford marches on.

SOCFAN1430
Varsity

Post by SOCFAN1430 »

Anyone have a Crooksville roster?

Philos_Finest
All Conference

Post by Philos_Finest »

EasternDspy wrote:Seriously? Have you even seen Crooksville play? They have good guards Jago and Lake Channel and great big in Swingle. They are way better then their record because they play in MVL with mostly D1 and D2 schools. I think Minford wins by bout 10 in a close game.

This is the 2nd time I've seen you post this and it's the 2nd time you've been wrong. The MVL is most certainly not "mostly D1 & D2 schools". Tri-Valley, who won the MVL, is the only D1 basketball team in the MVL(Got the 23 seed in D1 Central District). The MVL is made up of six D2 schools, two D3 schools & one D1 team. The MVL had a very solid season compared to the past few. No "great" team but 7-8 good teams. Crooksville went 6-10 in the league, finishing in 7th place.

With that out of the way, Crooksville can compete in this game, I watched Minford earlier in the season and think if Crooksville can win the battle on the boards they'll have a shot. If not, Minford will roll in the one

Falcon Fury
Freshman Team

Post by Falcon Fury »

Good Luck to the Minford Falcons!

Falcons must play great "D" and hit the boards! I'm taking the Falcons in this match up. I believe the Falcons have too many weapons and too many players that can step up.

LET'S GO RED!! BEAT CERAMICS!

marshallman
Varsity

Post by marshallman »

Minford has 3 guards who can run the point and they all three handle the ball well in Stapleton, McBee and Rowe. Minford has length at the forward spots and big in the middle. So Minford can go small and fast or big and tall, nice combos to match up with any teams. Also, I believe Z. Justice can shut down any hot shot the other teams have. Minford needs to place alot of importance on defense, rebounding and ball control. I've seen PHS, SW and OH all win the state Championship and all of them won with those three keys. Offense is great but when you start moving through the tournament the best defenses shut down the high scoring teams and then the high scoring teams that never had to worry about defense because they thought they can out score every one start to force their shots and when they can't hit they fall apart.

B0UNCE
Riding the Bench

Post by B0UNCE »

I agree, Justice should have been in the Varsity rotation all year.

Old Bulldog
Freshman Team

Post by Old Bulldog »

Good luck Falcons. Represent the SOC. I'm not sure about Crooksville but I don't think any of the kids on Minford have played at the Convo before except McBee. Crooksville's nickname is one of the best around but I think Minford will win the game.

B0UNCE
Riding the Bench

Post by B0UNCE »

The Stapleton kid was on the Portsmouth team that went to the final four an state championship game last year. Not sure about minutes played though.

KingoftheCourts
Riding the Bench

Post by KingoftheCourts »

It's almost "Basketball :30" Falcons!!!! Remember...... play hard, good sportsmanship, and give 100% till the end. If you do all 3 of these things Victory will be yours! Good Luck Falcons! Go Falcons! Beat Crooksville! :aaaaa26 :aaaaa26 :aaaaa26 :aaaaa26
Last edited by KingoftheCourts on Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

D4hero
Freshman Team

Post by D4hero »

Should be a game in the first half, but I'll take the Falcons by 12-15.

freethrow
Varsity

Post by freethrow »

I think he said MOSTLY DI and DII teams. So by your information 6 DII teams and 1 DI school means seven of the 9 are DI or DII which in my book would fall under MOSTLY!! Is Philo still playing? Seems your a little upset Crooksville is.

Return to “Boys Basketball”