tigerfan98
Freshman Team

Ironton vs Zane Trace Preview

Post by tigerfan98 »

nice guy
Varsity

Re: Ironton vs Zane Trace Preview

Post by nice guy »

The Pioneers are 18-5. They had a game that they did not make-up.

86Tiger
JV Team

Post by 86Tiger »

Nice preview and from what I saw last night sounds about right. I don't think that they will have an answer for Zac and the point spread will be much larger. Whatever it is I just want that WIN!!!! Go Tigers!!!
Last edited by 86Tiger on Sun Mar 03, 2013 5:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sparky
All State

Post by sparky »

any common opponents?

WIFAN-22
Varsity

Post by WIFAN-22 »

None this year....

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

Other than the 8pt spread I agree with everything in the preview. I think it will be a 20-25pt Ironton win.

alabama mike
SE

Post by alabama mike »

IMO, this region is Ironton's to lose. The Tigers have too much talent, they can press, play a fast or slower pace. These young men must show up and play every night bc you cannot take anything for granted at tournament time.

Coach Kelley
Freshman Team

Post by Coach Kelley »

I think this is an intriguing matchup. Definitely, Ironton should have upper hand, however, Zane Trace has horses inside, and some athletes themselves. If they slow this game down, they find ways to hang in there. This game may be closer than many think. Will be fun to see Beam and Fletcher go at it. I expect Ironton to come out on top. Hope to see a Piketon/Ironton matchup once again down the road!

Been B&B
Riding the Bench

Post by Been B&B »

I don't know if anybody in the SE has an answer for Carter.. I've seen him take D-1 talent and turn them inside out..if he wants to take it to the hole, he will.. Carter and Fletcher give them the WOW factor that most teams lack.. Some good teams still left but they have the WOW factor that sets them apart and no I am not from Ironton.. Just being honest..

ztpioneers1
Riding the Bench

Post by ztpioneers1 »

How many points has he(Carter) scored in his high school career? How does he compare to Humpty Hitchens from Chillicothe? What college is he going to attend? Is he a senior?

Gray Fighting Tiger
Varsity

Post by Gray Fighting Tiger »

bluecavs wrote:How many points has he(Carter) scored in his high school career? How does he compare to Humpty Hitchens from Chillicothe? What college is he going to attend? Is he a senior?
I know he's well over 1000, and is the top scorer in Ironton basketball history. He is a senior. I have to plead ignorance about your other questions.

on a mission
All Conference

Post by on a mission »

1700?? No offers as of yet. The driving force to keep working hard and take his team to the next level......YES!!

fbfever9
Freshman Team

Post by fbfever9 »

bluecavs wrote:How many points has he(Carter) scored in his high school career? How does he compare to Humpty Hitchens from Chillicothe? What college is he going to attend? Is he a senior?
I have Carter at 1,675 (may be off by a few) career points. I have heard NKU (Northern Kentucky U) is interested, but I don't know if this is an actual offer. Coincidentally, NKU is where Dennis Gagai ended up after starting at WVU.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

fbfever9 wrote:
I have Carter at 1,675 (may be off by a few) career points. I have heard NKU (Northern Kentucky U) is interested, but I don't know if this is an actual offer. Coincidentally, NKU is where Dennis Gagai ended up after starting at WVU.

I serioauly doubts he goes to NKU unless he doesn't like a bigger college. I can see him playing at Akron, OU or bigger. OSU will need a new point guard next year after Craft graduates. He can learn the system by watching for a year and then take it over his Sophomore year.

86Tiger
JV Team

Post by 86Tiger »

It's just sad. The kid has definetly proven that he is good enough but because of his size they are staying away. Zac Plays much bigger than he is!!! I hope that someone is smart enough to take a chance on him. Go Zac and Go tigers!!!!!!

WIFAN-22
Varsity

Post by WIFAN-22 »

I really, really, love Zacs game, but OHIO STATE? I dont know about that Craft is 6'2, and has a hard time getting his own shots sometimes over the larger guards. I will give Zac this he probably has the speed to do it, but unfortunately Big DI schools are going to look at his height. I can however see a MAC school.

ML247
Waterboy

Post by ML247 »

Ironton by 30 plus...watched both teams Saturday... Carter may out score ZT by himself

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

yabbadabbadoo wrote:
fbfever9 wrote:

I serioauly doubts he goes to NKU unless he doesn't like a bigger college. I can see him playing at Akron, OU or bigger. OSU will need a new point guard next year after Craft graduates. He can learn the system by watching for a year and then take it over his Sophomore year.
He does not have a D1 offer to this point. It is very late in the recruiting process to pick one up. I'm sure he would be ecstatic to get an offer from NKU or a MAC school. Ohio State is not going to look at anyone outside of the top 50 ranked point guards in the country.

fbfever9
Freshman Team

Post by fbfever9 »

yabbadabbadoo wrote:
fbfever9 wrote:

I think a lot of people could see him at a larger school, but those larger schools must reciprocate by giving an offer to come play for them. Whether it be due to stature, grades, or anything else.... they are not calling for him yet. I, unfortunately, don't see it happening either. I do think he could be a nice fit at OU.... kinda the same mould as Cooper.

TigsFan
Waterboy

Post by TigsFan »

I think Zac is way better than 6'1 PJ Hill that played for the Bux a few years back... FYI the Bobcats have 2 listed at 5'10...

Return to “Boys Basketball”