poll: Warren (24-1) vs Athens (21-4) - March 14th

Post by 93Bulldog »

Thoughts?

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Re: poll: Warren (24-1) vs Athens (21-4) - March 14th

Post by 93Bulldog »

EARLY VOTING:

Warren has doubled up Athens ... 6 votes for the Warriors ... 3 votes for the Bulldogs.

:)

Steel Reserve
Riding the Bench

Post by Steel Reserve »

I don't even look for this to be much of a game. Warren is one of the most overrated teams in the area on a yearly basis. They FINALLY won a district and now all of the sudden they think they created the game. Warren fans, be happy you were lucky enough to get to the regionals, but don't expect to win any games there.

Schnellfritz
Varsity

Post by Schnellfritz »

I don't know you 93dog, and I really hate to vote for something like this, but I have to punch the O for Warren. Both teams are really good, and sometimes a lucky bounce or a jiggled ouija board can change the outcome of a game. It will be a good game with runs and slumps for both teams, but I really think Warren will win this.......Oh crap! I made a prediction. (now everyone against Warren will beat me down and say I am crazy)...TOO LATE! I am certifiably crazy about my Warriors.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Steel Reserve wrote:I don't even look for this to be much of a game. Warren is one of the most overrated teams in the area on a yearly basis. They FINALLY won a district and now all of the sudden they think they created the game. Warren fans, be happy you were lucky enough to get to the regionals, but don't expect to win any games there.
This years Warren team IN NOT OVERRATED ... they have size, quickness, can shoot, can handle the ball ... I see NO REAL weakness in the Warriors what-so-ever.

Steel Reserve
Riding the Bench

Post by Steel Reserve »

93Bulldog wrote:
Steel Reserve wrote:I don't even look for this to be much of a game. Warren is one of the most overrated teams in the area on a yearly basis. They FINALLY won a district and now all of the sudden they think they created the game. Warren fans, be happy you were lucky enough to get to the regionals, but don't expect to win any games there.
This years Warren team IN NOT OVERRATED ... they have size, quickness, can shoot, can handle the ball ... I see NO REAL weakness in the Warriors what-so-ever.
Typical Warren fan! Listen, Athens is going to beat you guys by 15+. Mark my words!!

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

"93Bulldog"

a Warren fan?

WHAT?????

lol

Schnellfritz
Varsity

Post by Schnellfritz »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
You are better at making me laugh than a marathon of the 3 Stooges....

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Its not that I don't 'like' Warren ... they have lots of good folks down their ... but I wouldn't go as far as to say I'm 'a fan of the Warriors'.

:)

Schnellfritz
Varsity

Post by Schnellfritz »

This game should be really great. This is the first time we have played against each other with the stakes getting higher and higher. I will be there....(I wonder if Pfloyd will show up or will he have some other recognition dinner to go to?) .....

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

LOL at 93Bulldog being a Warren fan.

I think Warren is the better team and Athens' bench needs to worry about what their players are doing and not riding the officials if things go bad. Athens has the talent to hang with the Warriors (obviously from Game 1) but I think Warren gets the W.

Should be a great game with a massive crowd from Warren. Can't wait to watch Ibi Watson play at least one more time this season though, special player.

warriornation
Riding the Bench

Post by warriornation »

Anybody have the stats from their game earlier this year i.e. percentages and points per player etc..

Super trooper
All State

Post by Super trooper »

wasnt leurman out the first time?

freethrow
Varsity

Post by freethrow »

NO call was the the only stat Athens fans were talking about lol Hopefully there won't be any officials from Glouster there. lol

Iggy25
Waterboy

Post by Iggy25 »

Ryan Luehrman was out for Athens in the first matchup. Offensively, the twins haven't needed to do a ton, but they are great defenders inside and both have been putting up 5+ blocks throughout the tourney.

In the first game, Athens was 6-20 from deep and 16-26 on FG's. Burrow had 24, Watson had 13. Nobody else scored in double digits for Athens. Jared Elmore had just 2 points. He will need to come up big. Saltzman had 9. Athens had 17 turnovers, Warren had 12. Warren outrebounded Athens, 32-28. Warren was 50 percent from the field but hit only one trey. Hall had 4, French had 22. Patton had 18. Burrow pretty much dominated Hall. Watson is much improved since the first matchup and has absolutely turned it on during the tournament.

Athens controlled most of the game. In fact, Athens had a 10 point lead at one point. Bulldogs had a couple opportunities to win it late.

Here is the "no-call" that was so controversial: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LGHgDpOnciQ

Looked a lot like a charge.

rebelionfan99
Waterboy

Post by rebelionfan99 »

Steel Reserve wrote: Typical Warren fan! Listen, Athens is going to beat you guys by 15+. Mark my words!!
Steel Reserve,
I've seen your post before and it's fans like you that are a disgrace to your school. I'm not saying the warriors are going to win this game but I surely can guarantee it will not be a 15 point game either way. Both teams play great ball and its all about who plays well that night. You seem to be pretty confident about the win. Ill mark your words but if you're so confident maybe you should just tell us all what you're wearing so we can laugh at you when it's not a 15 point game there Dicky-V. You seem to know basketball champ. Warriors already won the first time shooting 1-19 from beyond the arc. We'll see you Thursday!

surfsider
All State

Post by surfsider »

Winner gets St. Clairsville vs. New Philly winner, right? Red Devils got their 'bad game' out of their system last night vs. Carrollton. Hope St C re-focuses for shot at winner of Athens-Warren.

Skiisme
All Conference

Post by Skiisme »

Seen both play this year and I feel the teams are pretty much equal. This game will come down to who is on and who is not. Athens contains French and they win!! Hall played great against VC but the Vikings did not contain French like they should have.

Spartan
All Conference

Post by Spartan »

The officials for the regionals used to come from outside the district, so you will be paying to get in greatone.

warriornation
Riding the Bench

Post by warriornation »

skidaddy, Problem is that if you focus on shutting down French, one of the others step up. Hall steps up for 21 in the last game, Leffingwell and Lang in the first game against Unioto. Patton has not had a good game offensively yet at the Convo. Maybe next Thursday, Patton steps up for 20+ like he's very capable of. If French, Hall and Patton all finally settle in, the Warriors will score in the 70's easy. Athens will need to show up for 4 quarters because I think Warren is finally over the stage fright. Whoever comes out on top cant celebrate very long because more than likely St. Clairsville and Monterosso are coming to town on Saturday and that will be a tall task for either team...Good Luck to my Warriors!! Go Blue

Return to “Boys Basketball”