Athens (21-4)
Warren (24-1)

St. Clairsville (21-2)
New Philladelphia (18-7)

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Re: DII - REGIONALS - CONVO - (poll)

Post by 93Bulldog »

THE CONVO 2013 PAGE WILL STAY UPDATED UNTIL ALL GAMES IN ATHENS ARE OVERWITH ..... http://trivalleyconference.com/TVCNews.html

Golfer101
JV Team

Post by Golfer101 »

I don't see anyone beating St. Clairsville. I would like to see an Athens County team make it but I got to go with my logic.

WarriorBlue
Varsity

Post by WarriorBlue »

St Clairsville is the favorite but to repeat is a very hard thing to do. In 2001 with a jr laden team the Belpre Eagles made that trip to the Final 4 and everybody in Belpre thought they were a shoe in to go back but it didn't happen.
All 4 of these teams have a chance. New Philly I'm sure isn't conceding anything just yet. Should be a great Regional Tourney!

jottings
SEOPS H

Post by jottings »

What time will Thursday's games start?

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

GO DOGS!!
GO TVC

rickoshay
SEOP

Post by rickoshay »

Hope The Warriors win two at the Convo this week.
Go Warren, bring the wins back to Wash. Co.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Jottings wrote:What time will Thursday's games start?
JOTTINGS ... ALL TIMES AND SCHEDULES ARE HERE .... http://trivalleyconference.com/TVCNews.html

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... is see how it is 93dog!!! giving jottings the CORRECT game times!!!! jottings won't be standing in the cold in front of the Convo with locked doors on a late Winter evening ...

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

pfloyd wrote:... is see how it is 93dog!!! giving jottings the CORRECT game times!!!! jottings won't be standing in the cold in front of the Convo with locked doors on a late Winter evening ...

It was almost 50 degrees Friday ... LOL

surfsider
All State

Post by surfsider »

Good Luck St. Clairsville Red Devils. Hard to believe the smallest enrollment school in D-2 is back in Sweet 16, but then, no one in the Southeast District has a player the caliber of Purdue-bound Dan Monteroso.000][/color]

St. Clairsville returns their entire roster from last year's state semi-finalist, but New Philly is definitely no pushover. Can't wait to see how good Athens and Warren are for the first time.

WarriorBlue
Varsity

Post by WarriorBlue »

All 4 teams are worthy there Sweet 16 status or they wouldn't be here. 5 of the AP Top 10 have already been eliminated. St Clairsville is the 2nd highest rated team left. March Madness has begun and I'm sure Warren, Athens and New Philly aren't ready to crown the Red Devils just yet! Will be a great 2 days of basketball.
Personally I think the SE representives are better than last year. Warren and Athens both are not 1 man teams. They both can beat you different ways and they both have some pretty good athletes of their own. The Monteroso kid is a beast but how will the rest of the team respond. Another factor is whoever plays in the championship game will be playing their 4th game in "The Convo"
Indeed a TALL order for anybody to beat St Clairsville but basketball in March can get crazy and that's why we all love it.

freethrow
Varsity

Post by freethrow »

Warren vs. St Clairsville with St. Clairsville moving on to Columbus.

Jeepmudder33
Waterboy

Post by Jeepmudder33 »

Congrats to both Athens and Warren. Had the chance to watch both play a couple times. I think the Bulldogs will take this one in a tight game. Free throw shooting at the end obviously imperative. Watson vs French!

freethrow
Varsity

Post by freethrow »

They way they are allowed to play so physical will be an advantage to Warren, lets just hope those officials from Glouster or where ever they are from won't have the game or there will be no calls every where and you can right that down. It will also be an advantage to St. Clairsville and New Philly who play in very physical league.

warriornation
Riding the Bench

Post by warriornation »

WarriorBlue wrote:All 4 teams are worthy there Sweet 16 status or they wouldn't be here. 5 of the AP Top 10 have already been eliminated. St Clairsville is the 2nd highest rated team left. March Madness has begun and I'm sure Warren, Athens and New Philly aren't ready to crown the Red Devils just yet! Will be a great 2 days of basketball.
Personally I think the SE representives are better than last year. Warren and Athens both are not 1 man teams. They both can beat you different ways and they both have some pretty good athletes of their own. The Monteroso kid is a beast but how will the rest of the team respond. Another factor is whoever plays in the championship game will be playing their 4th game in "The Convo"
Indeed a TALL order for anybody to beat St Clairsville but basketball in March can get crazy and that's why we all love it.
I think whoever wins the game on Thursday will have an significant advantage over St. Clairsville or New Philly having played 4 games at OU. The Convo is a different place to play. The lighting, the crowd and the depth perception issues with the baskets create a problem for teams in their first game. Athens or Warren should be over these issues by then and could jump out to an early lead then hold on down the stretch as the other team adjusts.

warriornation
Riding the Bench

Post by warriornation »

warriornation wrote:
WarriorBlue wrote:All 4 teams are worthy there Sweet 16 status or they wouldn't be here. 5 of the AP Top 10 have already been eliminated. St Clairsville is the 2nd highest rated team left. March Madness has begun and I'm sure Warren, Athens and New Philly aren't ready to crown the Red Devils just yet! Will be a great 2 days of basketball.
I think whoever wins the game on Thursday will have an significant advantage over St. Clairsville or New Philly having played 4 games at OU. The Convo is a different place to play. The lighting, the crowd and the depth perception issues with the baskets create a problem for teams in their first game. Athens or Warren should be over these issues by then and could jump out to an early lead then hold on down the stretch as the other team adjusts.
Just saw where it will be the second game for St Clairsville or New Philly. Not such a big advantage now but 4 games there still will be an advantage.

freethrow
Varsity

Post by freethrow »

Seriously these should be two fun games to see. The strongest team will survive. Athens would seem to play in the weaker league which is meaning the less physical league but most of the Bulldogs played football and are stronger then they seem so look for them to adjust well to a physical game.

Been B&B
Riding the Bench

Post by Been B&B »

As much as I hate to say it St. Clairsville is definitely the favorite to go to Columbus... (last Year)Chilli held Monteroso under 20 I believe but they had several kids to drill 3"s last year and they are all back...HOWEVER..I saw them play in the final four and they coudn"t buy a 3.. who knows, that's why they play the game.. Good luck to the SE District, Athens and Warren..we are all proud you represent us and we will be rooting for you.. We don't live there but you are still our kids this year..

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

greatone wrote:Seriously these should be two fun games to see. The strongest team will survive. Athens would seem to play in the weaker league which is meaning the less physical league but most of the Bulldogs played football and are stronger then they seem so look for them to adjust well to a physical game.
Usually you are right about the weaker league - but not this year.

Athens (21-4)
Vinton County (19-5)
Nelsonville-York (16-6)
Wellston (11-11)
Meigs (9-11)

In the SEOAL ... you had Warren ... and thats it.

But the TVC-Ohio consist of only 6 teams ... that is ONLY 10 games out of 22 my friend ... less than half your schedule ... you have to look at the entire schedule as a whole - and when you do that - Athens has played one of the tougher schedules in southeastern Ohio.

1. Logan Elm (15-8) ... DII district semi-finalist ... W
2. Fairland (17-6) ... DII district semi-finalist ... W
3. Warren (24-1) ... DII district champion ... L
4. Vinton County (19-5) ... DII district semi-finalist ... W
5. Vinton County (19-5) ... DII district semi-finalist ... L
6. Chesapeake (15-5) ... lost in sectional finals to Minford.
7. Hannibal River (19-7) ... DIV district champion ... W
8. Nelsonville-York (16-6) ... lost in sectional finals to Crooksville ... W
9. Nelsonville-York (16-6) ... lost in sectional finals to crooksville ... W

* let me just say this on the subject of toughness ... Burrow, Luehrman and Luehrman - those boys were on the field when Athens beat Nelsonville-York at Nelsonville in week 10, when Athens beat Circleville in the first round of the playoffs, when they beat Shawnee (the 2011 state runner-up) at Hamilton Township high school and they shared the field with Thurgood Marshall for 4 quarters up at Reynoldsburg ... I'm sure a skilled game of basketball won't be 'too physical' for them ... :mrgreen:

Return to “Boys Basketball”