Pike county boys

jeepmadness
JV Team

Pike county boys

Post by jeepmadness »

I want to thank the boys from pike county who became websters cheer block during the game against Fairfield. Webster students should be ashamed that they did not show support tonight. Probably the worst school spirit that I have seen in my life. But that was awsome that kids from another school stepped in to take the job.

art_vandelay
SE

Re: Pike county boys

Post by art_vandelay »

Are u kidding me...I assumed the ONE row of Webster's cheer block was at least Webster students. Pathetic showing of school spirit...and it's been that way the past few years. What a joke.*

Jeepoholic
Riding the Bench

Post by Jeepoholic »

Unbelievable!!!!!thank you to the pike kids. No student section for a district final game wow! This is South Webster right "a special place", well special in the fact you are the only school without a cheer block at the convo!!! Community and parents showed up tonight fine, but it is an absolute joke what's going on. Its a trend in all extracurricular activities at the school. What's to blame?? The kids?parents?teachers not showing enough school spirit?

roundball
Waterboy

Post by roundball »

Last edited by roundball on Mon Jul 08, 2013 7:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Coach Kelley
Freshman Team

Post by Coach Kelley »

Those supporters from Piketon were Piketon's basketball team.

WIFAN-22
Varsity

Post by WIFAN-22 »

Hats off to Piketon players. In this day and age where it's everyone, and every team for them selves its refreshing. We should be cheering on our local teams. Very proud of SW, Piketon, and ND for their accomplishments.

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

I know when I was in high school it was like that too. Maybe those State appearances spoiled everyone.

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

Swanker: that may have something to do with it, but it's sad that this group of boys and coaching staff not getting the support they deserve.

It's almost like there is a resentment of the boys basketball program and their success from within, and not just from the students. But it has been there for a few years now and unlikely to change, so might as well not let a negative outweigh the positive here.*

juanmorales
JV Team

Post by juanmorales »

You'd think that since the state years basketball would be forever supported there but I think some of the other sports became really jealous of the boys basketball team and even teachers in the school have come to not like the boys bball team. So swanker should members of that state team apologize to people for spoiling them?? LOL I think not

Wholly_Shnikeys
Riding the Bench

Post by Wholly_Shnikeys »

If anything else, I think the SW players should return the favor Wednesday evening and cheer for Piketon. I know SW is close to Oak Hill and play in the same conference, but that was a nice gesture by the players of Piketon. Whether it was a joke, lost bet, etc... They were still loud and supportive and that's all that matter to the 5 guys playing on the floor. I know for me (not even being from sw) I have gained respect for Piketon players and will cheer for them throughout the rest of their tourney run. C'mon sw students, get out and support your peers! Doesn't sw get a pep bus or anything for students? This needs to be worked on. High school athletics are unlike any other because of the school spirit (that should be) involved. Kids grow up together and the fact that they won't cheer for classmates just makes me sick. No school, team, or community deserves that. Hopefully it changes come Tuesday evening vs ND.

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

Of the 30+ years of watching South Webster Basketball, this may be the most ashamed I've been of South Webster students. It's one thing to not show support in a down season, or even a mediocre season. But these kids are in the Regionals and they are the ONLY school to not have a student section. I've heard rumors that there are some jealous programs and teachers in the school but I refused to believe it. Now, I'm not so sure. If I was a coach of any sport at that school, I would be texting and telling my players they MUST be in attendance and MUST be in the student section on Tuesday. If you want support for your program, urging your kids to support other programs is a step in the right direction. It's ridiculous to see such separation at a school that has been so dear to all of us, and SOMEONE (actually, SEVERAL people) need to step up and do something about this.

airforcejm
Varsity

Post by airforcejm »

I noticed their lack of support last year when they played Manchester. It was probably the smallest crowd that I've seen for team at the convo.

juanmorales
JV Team

Post by juanmorales »

I noticed that too last year. Struggling times over there in SW land. Looks bad on the administration!

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

When I was in school a pep bus was always offered. The bad thing is that the kids are at the games, just scattered around sitting down while Fairfields kids are shaking the building!! If Sciotoville can bring 40 kids, why can't Webster??? The Jeeps have a legitimate at the State Tourney this year and they still don't show up.

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

Airforcejm: that's when I first noticed it last year...was embarrassing then and still is now.

Bbjunky: could not have been said any better. We've all heard the rumblings, and I now really believe there is something to it and it's trickling down to the student body.

Over/under for Webster student section Tuesday night: 6. Will be close, but I'll take the under. And we're only counting Webster students...not kids from other schools.*

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Someone should email this thread to Bobby J

86Tiger
JV Team

Post by 86Tiger »

That is sad for the SW team. I know last year for one of our games we didn't have very many students or fans because of the school play, but it has been moved to April this year and will not interfere with the tournament. I am really proud of our students this year they have been awesome and so have our fans. We had 2 full pep buses Friday night. Our kids get to go to the game for free and get fed too. I'm sure a lot of kids can't afford to go even if they wanted to. I am glad our school does this for our kids. I remember a few years ago the community was taking up collections to be able to get pep buses for the kids to go to the tournament games. These players work hard to represent their schools and deserve student and fan support!!

Shout out to the Piketon boys for supporting these kids!!!

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

Swanker: maybe they could borrow one of the Head Start buses for a pep bus? Be plenty of room for the "student section"!

favabeans
Varsity

Post by favabeans »

A pep bus was offered to high school and junior high. 4 kids signed up.

It has nothing to do with the administration or "jealousy" of other coaches. Very few students came out to support the girls' team during their tourney run. For some reason the kids at the school just won't go to the games. I really don't know why the kids that were there last night didn't sit in the cheer block. I know some parents are working on getting more there Tuesday. Hope it works!

jeep80
Varsity

Post by jeep80 »

art_vandelay wrote:Swanker: maybe they could borrow one of the Head Start buses for a pep bus? Be plenty of room for the "student section" * !
Fixed your post for you Art. :122245

Return to “Boys Basketball”